More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 03:11:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampire motives on owned community lots since BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire motives on owned community lots since BV  (Read 3847 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Vampire motives on owned community lots since BV
« on: 2007 September 26, 13:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV, the vampires can stay on the lot forever now, when they are occupied with something. I had one of the grand vampires play mahjong for over 48 hours (I had to kick her out at last, but was polite enough to wait for the night), another one stayed in the hot spring (?) until about 10 am before he realised that he should be in his coffin. Pre-BV, they ran off the lot at 7 am like their pants were on fire (which was the case, of course), and I really miss that.

Oh, and my sims' motives seem to get reset as soon as they enter the business lot, which is pretty annoying.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Vampire motives on owned community lots since BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 26, 13:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, to be honest, I haven't.  I was in the Far East with some sims and one of the locals was really getting on my nerves.  So I changed her into a vampire (via Debug Mode) and she ran like hell off the lot as she started to steam.  Maybe it's the being occupied bit that does it.  Shame - I liked seeing them steaming lightly while they were inside walking past the windows.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 26, 13:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's the being occupied bit that does it. 

Yes, that's what I think, too - but pre-BV, they were never that occupied that they didn't notice the sun rising.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 26, 15:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame - I liked seeing them steaming lightly while they were inside walking past the windows.

I don't remember them doing that, the steam was only outside.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 27, 00:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV, the vampires can stay on the lot forever now, when they are occupied with something. I had one of the grand vampires play mahjong for over 48 hours (I had to kick her out at last, but was polite enough to wait for the night), another one stayed in the hot spring (?) until about 10 am before he realised that he should be in his coffin. Pre-BV, they ran off the lot at 7 am like their pants were on fire (which was the case, of course), and I really miss that.
I think to varying degrees it has always been that way. EXACTLY how it works depends on if you have Vampire Fixes installed or not. Without it, "Hiss at Sun" reaction occurs (stomping all queues) at 0700, anytime the sim is inside (and only inside, outside is unaffected). With it, this happens outside instead. For some reason I thought it made no sense as originally set, as if they were OUTSIDE, they'd be totally oblivious to it until the next queue action.

Oh, and my sims' motives seem to get reset as soon as they enter the business lot, which is pretty annoying.
Can we elaborate more under the circumstances this happens? Define "reset", and are you entering the sim's business lot, or someone else's business lot? What combination of stuff do you have on it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 27, 07:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame - I liked seeing them steaming lightly while they were inside walking past the windows.
I don't remember them doing that, the steam was only outside.

The steam isn't as noticeable inside but they do steam.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 27, 08:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure this is not the case, and if there's any steam, it's happening because of a stuck effect, like bubble butt, and not because it's supposed to be there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 27, 11:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think to varying degrees it has always been that way. EXACTLY how it works depends on if you have Vampire Fixes installed or not. Without it, "Hiss at Sun" reaction occurs (stomping all queues) at 0700, anytime the sim is inside (and only inside, outside is unaffected). With it, this happens outside instead. For some reason I thought it made no sense as originally set, as if they were OUTSIDE, they'd be totally oblivious to it until the next queue action.

Ah - yes, that makes sense. I think I had Vampire Fixes pre-BV, but I'm not absolutely sure. The stuff keeping the blehs occupied is inside, because since Seasons, I'm a bit reluctant to run open-air businesses.

Can we elaborate more under the circumstances this happens? Define "reset", and are you entering the sim's business lot, or someone else's business lot? What combination of stuff do you have on it?

By "reset" I mean, my sim's motives have a state they normally have when moving into a new home, i.e. hunger, fun and social at about 60% (bladder is not, but I think that's due to antipeeobsession), though he has left his home lot with nearly maxed out motives.
It's the sim's business lot, and it's equipped with the ticket thingy, a BV hot spring, two BV tea tables and the standard business stuff (BRY, BUY, caffeination station, flamingo).
I played several hours yesterday and found out that this motive change only happens sometimes, though. Maybe it occurs when the sim has just returned from vacation (he travels a lot).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: