More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:54:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar. Solved! Thanks ZZ!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar. Solved! Thanks ZZ!  (Read 2390 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar. Solved! Thanks ZZ!
« on: 2007 September 02, 18:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why and it's not the first time it's happened ... I tried to get an error log but the game completely crashes ... is the "Sims2 Exception" entry for the date and time of crash what any of you would be looking for?? Or should I just force a reset on the guitar in question?

In the meantime I think I will drop said guitar into a locked room ... I had just gotten a couple married before the game locked up and I am not pleased that I'll have to do it all over again! When I went back in and ran in debug mode all I had to do was wait until the kid played again and it crashed again so that appears to be the problem all right since nothing else was going on.

Cass ...
« Last Edit: 2007 September 03, 01:10:44 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 02, 23:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked your hacks with the HCDU?  It sounds to me like you may have to music related hacks conflicting with each other.

I assume that it is just the game which crashes, not your PC, so at least it's not a hardware issue. 

If the HCDU doesn't throw anything up, use the Clean Installer to check for any duplicates in your downloads folder.

If the said guitar is a recolour and not the basic Maxis one, try removing all the recolours for the guitar that you have, and see if it still throws a wobbly.

Zephyr Zodiac
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar...
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 03, 00:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I will do that ... I should have thought of checking for conflicts anyway.

Edit: Okay, now I just feel silly... I should know the drill by now. 1. Check for conflicts. 2. Check for duplicates.

Problem solved it was a hack conflict I would pin the blame on the no visual effects mod from Numenor conflicting with something from Pescado(since 90% of my mods are his). I took the visual effects ones out and everyone is playing happy again. Thanks for replying and reminding me of what I should have remembered to do before pestering.

Cass Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 September 03, 01:09:10 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Game crashes when teen autonomously plays guitar. Solved! Thanks ZZ!
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 03, 01:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, when your game crashes you panic and don't always think straight!  And then there's all those hours of gameplay you've lost, it's all very likely to make you think the worst!  I'm glad you sorted it out, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: