More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 11:10:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  toddler interaction error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: toddler interaction error  (Read 2755 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
toddler interaction error
« on: 2007 July 29, 17:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting a toddler interaction error occasionally. It occurs when a sim decides to autonomously interact with a baby; something that shouldn't happen as I use the nobabyharassment hack. Once the error is thrown, the sim just stands there holding the baby until I cancel the action and direct them to put the baby down. I checked and I don't accidently have TJs toddler swarming mod installed. Attached is the error log.

I've put this in a new thread as the necromancy warning on the original mod thread was scary, and it could always be something else.

EDIT: I have quite a few of these errors logs and for a while was worried there might be a tiny chance that it was related to me using the Atavera toddler blanket. Anyway I have attached a second log from a household that was using normal Maxis cribs. I can supply more logs if needed.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 06, 11:22:28 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: toddler interaction error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 01, 09:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still getting the problem intermittently and have studied the in game behaviour some more. What I have noticed is that if someone feeds a baby and drops the bottle on the floor then various adult/teen sims will autonomously attempt to feed a baby with the dropped bottle - this generally does not throw an error. It's generally the same baby once it's been put back in the crib, but I seem to remember they might pick a different baby if there's more than one in the house. The error seems to only occur when an adult/teen autonomously attempts to get a baby/toddler out of a cot to feed it without there already being a bottle available - it's like they get stuck and cannot perform the next (feed) action. I think in both cases this only happens to sims with no user-directed actions queued so it's like something is queuing a baby interaction at higher priority and they all drop whatever autonomous action they were involved in.

I am running the latest version of nobabyharassment so they shouldn't be interacting at all. This may have only started happening since I installed Seasons. I do use TJs SelfExplodingBottles mod and I've run the hack conflict detection utility but nothing showed.

I do have yet more error logs if anyone wants them. The problems occurs often enough that it's become an irritation but not so often that it's a show stopper.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 01, 13:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried removing all baby/toddler related hacks to see if that stops the problem?  If it does, put them back in one at a time until you find the culprit.  I don't use any baby hacks, and only the crib and potty-related toddler hacks, and I never saw this problem - my teens only try to feed the kid if its hungry, and it's almost always a teen or a visiting YA home for the day from college who grow the baby up - mom will often go to do it and then get totally distracted as soon as she spots an empty easel on the landing!  Teens are far more single-minded.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 01, 21:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running with very few toddler/baby hacks and these are all supposed to play well together:

antibabylecture - Pescado
nobabyharassment - Pescado
NoSmartMilkDrag - TJs version
SelfExplodingBottles - TJ
ToddlerPottyFixes - TJ

The other one is Squinge's MoveAwayFromFridge that prevents someone feeding a baby from blocking fridge access.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 01, 22:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out Squinge's hack and see if that makes a difference.  If necessary, have two fridges.  I often do that, especially if there are twin toddlers.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: