More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 04:31:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Not in front of the children!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not in front of the children!  (Read 14054 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Not in front of the children!
« on: 2005 October 12, 05:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally installed NL last night and went to the one family I have created so far. I made them only a couple of nights ago and haven't had time to do much with them yet.

Anyway, the wife was in the shower and hubby was downstairs in the bathroom looking after their three children. I queued a make out session for the wife, thinking that she would do that after she showered. Instead she walked downstairs in the buff, no pixelation hiding anything, and made out with her hubby in front of the 3 children!  Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy

INTJ
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Not in front of the children!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 12, 06:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

How strange that she didn't 'twirl' into her clother first!!!???

Must have been a hiccup in the gameplay. I hope the kids aren't scarred for life  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 12, 08:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy over on MTS2 has an excellent nude hack that uses many variables to detemine whether or not a sim will walk around in the buff on the lot.  I believe that the presence of children greatly retards most sims' desire to run about naked.  I don't remember all the factors but its worth checking into.  The moment a sim's naked score drops below the threshhold to remain nude, they will auto-queue an action to get dressed (spin, not go to a dresser).  Adds a sense or realism in that yeah, sometimes you feel comfortable being nude around the house and other times you don't.

Wink
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 12, 09:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy The funny part is that after they made out, her hubby went "eek!! you're nekkid!!!" and then she twirled around and put on her nightgown.

INTJ
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 12, 09:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think it's an issue with queuing things up.  I've noticed that with one of my sims with fairly low outgoing, he'll get up from the waterbed (properly nekkid, of course) and go off to do whatever it was I ordered him to do, and when he's finished, he'll do that, "Oh my, I've got no clothing!" deal and spin into casual.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 12, 10:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have noticed that if a child is playing outside, or walking past the lot, an outgoing sim who usually jumps into the hottub in the buff will get into their swimming things instead.  But if a child comes into the garden after they've got in, they don't jump out and get dressed even though the kid screams in horror!  (And unless it's the expensive hottub, I don't see how a kid can actually see into the tub anyway!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 12, 11:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adult sim with max outgoing points get in the hottub in his bathing suit for the first time last night. I wonder if it was because his little girls were outside playing? Thing is, the hot tub is on one deck, and the girls were playing with the karaoke machine on another deck way across the lot. I don't have any nudist hacks involved,  so could that be it? He was also getting in the tub with his girlfriend who only has two outgoing points. Even without nudist hacks, do the sims take those things into consideration?

I think it's funny when the shy sims discover they're naked and get all embarrassed. Kind of cute. I have the dma teleport, and you can change the outfits of everyone on the lot to formal, undies, even naked. Fun to play with that to see the reactions. Picture a naked sim singing karaoke while his naked brothers are playing punch you punch me then realizing they've mysteriously become nekkid...sounds like nightmares I've had where I forgot my clothes.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 12, 12:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adult sim with max outgoing points get in the hottub in his bathing suit for the first time last night. I wonder if it was because his little girls were outside playing? Thing is, the hot tub is on one deck, and the girls were playing with the karaoke machine on another deck way across the lot. I don't have any nudist hacks involved,  so could that be it? He was also getting in the tub with his girlfriend who only has two outgoing points. Even without nudist hacks, do the sims take those things into consideration?

AFAIK they don't put on the Adam's outfit when they go into the hot tub. Then again, I've been playing with a nudist hack installed ever since ebruere's v1 hack came out, so I don't really remember! And with Crammyboy's wonderful nudist hack now in place I don't think I'll refresh my memory anytime soon!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 12, 13:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Immediately after I installed NL I went to a house where a Sims had been taking a shower and was standing there, stark naked.  "Hmm," I thought.  "New twist on the game?"  But then he glanced down at his Barbiesque nothingness, crossed his hands over his crotch with a shocked look, and proceeded to dress.

Hasn't happened since and made me wonder if it was a little naked Easter egg, set to go off only after installation and only if the gamer happened to have a showering/bathing Sim.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 12, 14:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use crammyboy's mod as well and it's quite interesting how it works.  I get Sims with Outgoing as low as 4 who still have a naked score of around 1,200 sometimes.  Even Desdemona Goth-Dreamer, who is so reserved she spent her entire Uni-life studying, reading & playing chess, walks around her own lot naked a lot of the time (she lives alone).  The mod only kicks-in autonomously when the Sim showers or bathes, you have to do it manually if you want them naked at any other time.

What I have noticed since NL is that people, often perfect strangers, will walk-up to a Sim and tell them to get dressed.  The only problem is that they will do this while they're in the shower (Mrs CrumpleBottom style), but by the time they ask them they're already out of the shower and dressed.  I don't know if this is down to crammyboy's hack or NL itself.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 12, 14:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked Crammyboy's hack as well but just found out it conflicts in Inteen. If you have Inteen and CB's nudist hack together, you might run into problems. CB's hack was compatible with Inteen's Uni version but not with NL. Jase has updated his docs to reflect this.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 12, 15:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have crammyboy's hack installed, the inteen compatible version. Since installing NL, however, I only have the new NL-compatible inteen installed, no nudist hack. I'm pretty sure my extremely outgoing sims continued to go into the hot tub nekkid. In fact, I'm positive, because I remember Justin Goth's modest uncle shrieking at him when he joined Justin in the hot tub, and that was at the house of fallen trees. Justin is the sim that wore the bathing suit last night.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 12, 15:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If kids are anywhere outside the house, including on the roof, an outgoing sim will get into the hottub in his bathing suit, likewise if a teen is in the tub, he (or she) won't get in naked!  Unless you have certain hacks in your game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 12, 15:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I have stuck sims on the roof before when they misbehave.
That must be why he wore the suit, then. Even though there's no way the children would've been able to see him. Silly sims. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 12, 16:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no-one ever claimed they were geniuses!  I suppose though, if the kids happened to look over the railing they might have seen him?....... Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 12, 22:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if they'd fallen off the roof . . .   Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 13, 00:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if you'd built the roof out over columns, then removed the columns, maybe they'd fall through it!  Grin Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 04:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked Crammyboy's hack as well but just found out it conflicts in Inteen. If you have Inteen and CB's nudist hack together, you might run into problems. CB's hack was compatible with Inteen's Uni version but not with NL. Jase has updated his docs to reflect this.

I think the hack you are refering to is the censor blur hack, not the nudist hack. As far as I know, They should still be compatible.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 13, 11:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be negative, but considering the huge difference between the way Inteen and Nudist works, it's hard to imagine that they are compatible. In particular, I highly doubt that all the Hot Tub interactions work as one would expect.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 13, 12:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. I've only seen this happen when there is a fire or a death. The que will get wiped out in the middle of a shower and they'll run like naked idiots to see what's happening.

Instant gratification takes too long.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 13, 12:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. I've only seen this happen when there is a fire or a death. The que will get wiped out in the middle of a shower and they'll run like naked idiots to see what's happening.

I know! That's the only time I have seen it too, plus when someone is growing up.
I don't know, they have 3 lightning bolts, does that make it irresistable attraction? Grin

INTJ
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 13, 13:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be negative, but considering the huge difference between the way Inteen and Nudist works, it's hard to imagine that they are compatible. In particular, I highly doubt that all the Hot Tub interactions work as one would expect.

The overlap is quite small. Most are related to the hottub and easily remedied.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 13, 18:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The overlap is quite small. Most are related to the hottub and easily remedied.

Maybe someone could clarify for me -
I found that there were some problems when pregnant teens were told to get dressed (when using CB's nudist hack) and when the teen dressed, they showed as a regular teen and not a pregnant teen. I didn't see any problems with sims in hot tubs or teens in hot tubs. (Not refuting what anyone else is saying, just listing my observations.)

What I would like to know, are the conflicts "cosmetic" in nature - such as not showing a pregnant beely even though the teen is pregnant - just problems with certain animations - or will the conflicts effect the gameplay itself (such as the game not realizing that the teen is pregnant)?

How can someone tell how "serious" a hack conflict is so they can decide whether to take out one of the mods or to just "live with" the consequences of the conflict?

Thanks.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 13, 19:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just been working on making them 100% compatible, although the problem you describe seems to be purely cosmetic.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 13, 19:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just been working on making them 100% compatible, although the problem you describe seems to be purely cosmetic.

Grin Good! Because I don't like the other hack and want to put yours back in but was worried about flubbing something up.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: