More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:09:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  YA male is alien pregnant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: YA male is alien pregnant  (Read 14476 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
YA male is alien pregnant
« on: 2005 October 10, 01:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this just wierded me out royally.

I have a ya male who was abducted as a teen a day or two before he went to uni.  Just now, out of the "blue", he yelled at me while working on his term paper (first semester, senior year), stood up and his belly popped out.  Since there are (I presume) no ya male pregnant clothes, he changed into - naked!

I had to laugh, because his name is Jay Blue, so he's naked as a jay... blue?

Oh, the puns I can get out of this!

However, since I don't use any hacks for pregnancy (I prefer the "natural" method of good ol' fashioned woohoo or alien abduction), I'm curious about this pregnancy.  Since he was a teen, I didn't think he could get pregnant.  There wasn't any indication that he was, until now, and he's a senior!  So, is this a glitch?  Or am I possibly on the verge of having a BFBVBS?

BTW, I have the InSimenator on the lot for emergencies (as well as the lot debugger), and I checked his pregnancy stats.  25 hours pregnant.  Father's name: Pollination Technician.  And I just went back into the lot to verify the father, and on the dorm's loading screen, he's standing there naked!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: YA male is alien pregnant
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 10, 04:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor teen! I never fulfilled the wish to get Extraterrestial scholarship - ridiculous wish...Smiley. And now the baby will have to remain at the college...Smiley. Elvira, you are some sadist...Smiley.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 10, 04:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She could always 'abort' it using some hack. I think the InSimenator has that kind of option...

Still, weird. That is why I am a bit paranoid about letting my YAs use the telescope, in fear some buy will make them come back pregnant... even though the actual abduction happened in his teens.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 10, 05:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The InSimenator has an option to suspend the pregancy if u wish to and then resume it once out of uni.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 10, 07:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor teen! I never fulfilled the wish to get Extraterrestial scholarship - ridiculous wish...Smiley. And now the baby will have to remain at the college...Smiley. Elvira, you are some sadist...Smiley.

The baby doesn't have to stay at college, it can be teleported in when the YA moves to his neighbourhood home.  It's even easier now for babies to be born at college if the Inteenimator is used, it has a function to allow them to be conceived, born, age and to go to school and also to move out with the mother/father, I think.  I had to do mine the hard way.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 10, 08:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it's really odd, when my YA became pregnant he didn't give birth till he was back in the n'hood, thank heavens.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 10, 13:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope he has an understanding boy/girlfriend!

Zephyr Zodiac
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 10, 15:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he use that dance sphere? Sims that have previously abducted can get (secretly?) abducted and/or impregnated while using the dance sphere. Hasn't happened to me, just read about it.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 10, 15:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moral, keep your YAs' noses stuck in the textbooks!  Leave having a good time until they've grown up and graduated!!!!!! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 10, 20:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EEK! You mean the baby will stay at college unless I teleport her?

I hadn't read anything about the dance sphere - yes, I have one that all the dorm residents use to build body skill!

My biggest worry was that daddy Jay wouldn't go to his finals or class and that I'd have to rig something up for that (haven't checked if I could hire a nanny or use the baby controller yet).  I also thought that maybe I could somehow (teleport, probably) get his parents to take the baby until he graduated.  If I do that, will he still show up as the parent?

Fortunately, I had JUST backed up my TS2 folders right before I started playing the game at the time he showed up pg, so if I have to I can go back to that save and suspend the pregnancy until he's back in the hood.

I figured it was because he was abducted as a teen.  He had the ET Reparations Grant want, and I've never even tried for it (I had thought that only adults and elders could get abducted, so the want really seemed odd), but I thought I'd try for it once.  Sure, the one time I tried, he got abducted.  But teens aren't supposed to get pg, right?  Like I said, I don't use any pg hacks.

And I don't have any telescopes in any of my dorms.  For logic, they just better get used to playing chess.  The vast majority of them are max logic by the time they hit college, anyway, so it seemed senseless to get any telescopes.

Oh, and just for the record, both he and the one other alien abduction I've had in this neighborhood were stargazing from the ground.  In their back yards.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 10, 20:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case you're lucky he just got abducted!

I've had loads of teens get abducted, and none ever got pregnant!  Could you have inadvertently downloaded a teen pregnancy hack with a house?

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 10, 20:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had loads of teens get abducted, and none ever got pregnant!  Could you have inadvertently downloaded a teen pregnancy hack with a house?

I thought you could only get abducted using the expensive telescope?

Is there a hack out there that allows abductions with any type of star gazing?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 10, 20:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only ever dl'ed one house, and that was months ago.  Never used it.  Haven't dl'ed ANYTHING recently except the newest version of the InSimenator, SimPE, and the hacks I use from here.  Prefer to try my hand at making my own recolors of stuff and houses, plus, well, there is always the possiblility of getting something you don't want when you download.  I did get some of Carrigon's pictures and the mind control mirror a couple of months ago, but nothing new since NL except what I said earlier.  And I haven't used the mirror since NL.

They were the expensive telescopes, but I figured since the odds are so low of having an alien abduction to begin with, and add to that the fact that they're on ground level, that I really wouldn't have to worry about it much.  This is my genetics experiment neighborhood, and I wasn't expecting to have to worry much about abductions.  (I've now had to include the alien genes in my experiment.)

But then, I didn't figure I'd have many twins, either, and I have LOADS of them.  I don't need any twin hacks, my CAS sims all seem perfectly capable of popping them out on their own! LOL!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 10, 23:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually easier to get abducted on the ground!

Also, if you get your sims to try for a baby and don't get the rock-a-bye music, so you try again, then twins are highly likely, also if you woohoo again shortly after getting pregnant!  And if your sim is the sort of idiot who gets abducted, comes home and then rushes straight to the telescope and gets abducted again, he'll almost certainly have twins!

From what I've found, it's quite hard to get abducted in Pleasantview, but Strangetown is easier, so if your neighbourhood is based on Strangetown that may be why you are getting a lot of abductions.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 11, 02:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This neighborhood was just one of the empty ones in the neighborhood bin.  It doesn't look like Pleasantview, and I don't think it's like either of the other two either.  It has a mountain, so I called it Rainbow Mountain (for the color challenge I did, which is now a genetics experiment.)  But other than the mountain, it's pretty flat.

Well, most of my couples got pg the first time I had them try for a baby, and I waited until the baby was a toddler before I had them try again so I wouldn't need two cribs at the same time.  The only couple I had to repeatedly have try for a baby hasn't had twins.  (They seemed to have a lot of trouble getting pg!  I was tempted to "artificially InSimenate" to get her pg, but finally got results.)  I did have another couple who had some trouble conceiving at first, and they did have twins the first time out, but not after that.

I have never had a sim get abducted twice.  They always want to "Meet the aliens" after being abducted, but it has never happened for me.

I did start Strangetown when I first got TS2, and the Curious brother that is supposed to get abducted when you send him wa-a-ay up to the telescope had alien twins, but he was only abducted one time.  And I had the girl on the lot with all the tombstones (Olivia?) trap Johnny Smith into marrying her by getting pg after the old lady died, and she had alien twins.  Those were the only pregnancies I had there (besides the Curious brother who is already pg); I haven't gone back into Strangetown since, because I was getting pretty involved in Pleasantview.  And Alexander Goth and Dirk Dreamer's son, Ben, were both abducted, but they were the only abductions I had there.  (My avatar is AG's son.)

I got started with the color challenge in late March/early April and that's all I've been playing since.  With the color challenge, abductions were not allowed and each couple was only allowed one child.  Out of the original 10 couples, there were no twins.  Gen 2, 5 couples, one set of twins.  Gen 3, 3 couples, no twins.  Gen 4, 2 couples, one set of twins.

Starting this game back in July, I took all the elders and regressed them to adults so they could have 3 more kids each, and added two more colors for a total of 12.  I'm still just playing the 1st gen's new children, and this particular dorm is the first bunch of kids to go to uni.  In this new 2nd gen, I have 6 out of the 12 families with a set of twins.  And an alien abduction the first time I plopped down a telescope and let one of them stargaze.  Literally, within minutes, he was taken.  The neighborhood was probably well overdue for both!

But I'm still worried about little Marina Blue.  She was born with daddy's blue skin and doesn't look like an alien at all.  I need to figure out what is the best way to get her back to the neighborhood.  (By the way, his girlfriend, Dandelion Yellow, loves little Marina, as do all the other kids in the dorm.  I looked at the crib to see if the baby was asleep, and she was gone.  Then I checked all the dormies, and Dandelion was in the cafeteria, feeding the baby a bottle.)

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 11, 02:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all my dorms have the cheap telescope for just that reason, becuase YA males getting abducted is a big problem.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 11, 02:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This exact thing happened to me .... the only hack/s I'm using is the insimenator nl version.....I disable my other ones till they get updated and just have custom content enabled....I even asked about it on the insem. website.....I had a teen roll the alien abduction scholarship want so I said what the heck and sent him on his merry way to stargaze and sure enough he gets abducted....not a problem teens don't get pg unless you have a hack or so I though cause after I sent him to uni he's in the middle of a term paper and gets up and gets the belly thing...and like you I hurried and checked his stats and sure enough 25 hr.s pg.....Oh great all I need is a pg college student.....and I just loved when he went visiting in the nude.....anyway what I did was let him have his baby while he was still at college....then went to the neighborhood to his parents' house and teleported the baby there and used the family tree and added her to the house....after he graduates I will move him in with his now girlfriend and send for the baby for him to raise....he's almost a jr. .... I'm more careful with the telescope now....Oh and I'm playing Pleasentview.....tgdry6

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 11, 02:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think woohooing or getting abducted twice in a row causes you to have twins any more than eating mac 'n cheese or cookies or any of that other stuff people on the BBS say helps you to have twins.  Eating a bunch of mac n' cheese will just make your sim fat.  Twins are strictly a random 10% chance across the board whether or not the parents or twins or they were twins themselves.  Unless you have a hack, there is nothing you can do to cause twins to happen.  Sorry. Smiley  This was in Pescado's Myths thread somewhere on this site.

Also, the height of the telescope has nothing to do with your chances of getting abducted.  TwoJeffs talked about this I believe in his thread about his increased chance of abduction hack.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 11, 04:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's a long time since I played without Inge's abduction telescope - my sims always get abducted - but I've never had a YA who was abducted as a teen get pregnant!  Maybe it's a new glitch that comes with NL?

I did have an alien sim get abducted twice, and he had twins!  And every other set of twins my sims have ever had has been after he tried for a baby, she didn't get pregnant, so she tried for a baby!  So they may be myths, but their alive and kicking in my game!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 11, 10:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered if it was a new glitch with nl, too.  This is the first and only teen I've ever had abducted (I wasn't even sure they COULD be abducted!) and he - a teen, who is not supposed to be able to get pg - winds up pg as a YA.

I think I dispersed a whole bunch of myths about abductions and twins in this hood.  I didn't buy into the eating cookies or chips to get twins, and I feel sorry for the poor sap on the official website who thought that the sex of the baby is determined by the color of the crib they bought before the baby was born!

I actually have had so few abductions that I figured the telescope had to be above ground to increase the chances.  The only abductions I had in Pleasantview were when the telescope was on the second floor or higher.  Never when the scope was at ground level, and I had sims stargaze a lot at ground level.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 11, 10:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funnily enough, before I put Inge's hack into the game, and before I had Uni, Beau got abducted - but at ground level and with the telescope at some distance from the house (I'd tried with telescopes on roofs etc. and it never ever worked!) so I think it must be something that varies from one person's game to another's!

I agree that what the sim eats has nothing to do with the chances of twins, but trying for a baby twice, in my experience, often, though not always, ends in twins (it seems to depend on the age of the female sim) and the only double abduction on the same night (he was actually an alien himself) ended in twins, although that was after I installed the hack.  And with Inge's hack I seem to get just as many (if not more) female babies than before.  Also, the alien twin girls were identical, and a lot of people think that is very rare!

Zephyr Zodiac
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 11, 10:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first day that I got the sims I made my own family and was playing it I had no hacks knew not many cheats. I had the father stargaze through the expensive telescope on the ground and about five sim minutes he got abducted. He then came back and I heard the lulaby and wondered what it was three days later he gave bith to a green baby I thought it was so funny at the time. It was also 2 am in the morning had to see what happened next.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 11, 11:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess you were just lucky (?)!

Zephyr Zodiac
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 11, 11:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I supose I was lucky and it was in pleasentview and then there were hardly anymore abductions from then on.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 11, 11:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I like Inge's hacked telescope!  Between certain times, abduction is guaranteed, so if you have a knowledge sim who keeps rolling the Meet Aliens want, you can make him very happy!  (And very pregnant!)  Oh, and if you put the telescope behind a dorm door, then you can keep out any male sims that you would rather didn't get abducted by simply getting one sim to claim and lock the door!  (I've done that with the Grunts, as little Grunt wanted the expensive telescope, and I didn't really want his dad to get abducted!   I had enough trouble with him autonomously falling in love with the old Specter sim whose name I've forgotten!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: