More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 15:28:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary
0 Members and 19 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary  (Read 19092 times)
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary
« on: 2005 October 07, 16:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone accomplished this?  I've tried a couple of different things, both times failing.  What is the trick to achieving this LTW?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 07, 16:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims have to marry as adults and become elders. When the one with the LTW reaches elder status, they'll get an option on the phone to throw an anniversary party - have the party and as soon as you do that the want is achieved.

Unsouper
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 07, 17:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - an anniversary party - would have never thought of that.  Thanks a bunch!
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 07, 19:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! I was wondering this myself a few nights ago. Thank you Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 08, 05:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably the easiest of all the LTW's to achieve because it's instant as soon as the party's booked (doesn't even have to be a success).  The only problem with it is that they have to wait so long.  Handy if you don't want them ageing in permanent plat and being guaranteed to spend 3 decades as elders, though.  With a bit of luck they may even transition to elder in the red.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 08, 06:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something you didn't ask but is relevant, for future reference whenever you get a want/fear that you aren't sure what it means or how to accomplish it justleft click the want and a description window pops up explaining how to achieve the want or fear.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 08, 06:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims just reached their golden anniversary this evening, but only one got the memory marker for it. Is it only for family Sims who want to reach it, and does it have to be a LTW to get the marker? They both have the memory marker for a great party, they rather humorous - the husband has the driveway as the inset pic and the wife has a bottle of elixir, but only the one has the two golden bells memory. Did the husband miss out on a nice memory or does he just not care (he's Knowledge, if that matters)?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 08, 19:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something you didn't ask but is relevant, for future reference whenever you get a want/fear that you aren't sure what it means or how to accomplish it justleft click the want and a description window pops up explaining how to achieve the want or fear.

The LTW for reaching the golden anniversary doesn't tell you anything about having an anniversary party.  It just tells you to make sure their short-term relationship scores are high and that there isn't any risk of cheating.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 08, 21:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have to both be elders.  If your sim has this want you can just marry him/her off to an elder right after the transition to adulthood and throw the party right away.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 09, 17:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's rather crazy isn't it?  I mean, a golden anniversary straight away, makes no sense at all!  And I personally don't like marrying new adults to 50+ sims!  Much more fun to roll them a different LTW!  (At least, in my opinion.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 09, 18:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims just reached their golden anniversary this evening, but only one got the memory marker for it. Is it only for family Sims who want to reach it, and does it have to be a LTW to get the marker? They both have the memory marker for a great party, they rather humorous - the husband has the driveway as the inset pic and the wife has a bottle of elixir, but only the one has the two golden bells memory. Did the husband miss out on a nice memory or does he just not care (he's Knowledge, if that matters)?

Yes, it is a Family Aspiration. Knowledge sims couldn't care less, apparently. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 17, 12:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do both the husband and wife need to be home to make this happen?  Wifey just turned into an elder, her husband is more than a few days off from becoming an elder.  I threw an anniversary party when both of them were home, but the husband went into work - I THINK before any of the guests arrived.  Completely did NOT satisfy the wife's LTW.  Neither of them have cheated on one another.

Any other tricks I might be missing for this seemingly easy to achieve LTW?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 17, 14:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds possible to me.  If you didn't save the game, you could try again and make hubby take the day off - or maybe he needs to be an elder too?

Zephyr Zodiac
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 16:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't exit without saving, but the wife still has the option to throw an anniversary party which I'm assuming she wouldn't if the party had triggered the memory correctly.  The next time I play them, I'll try keeping the husband home and throwing another party.  If that doesn't work, I'll just wait until he's an elder too (hopefully she won't be dead yet).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 16:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, of course, you can't turn aging off, or he'll stay an adult - you can't win!  But you can go into simPE and move her back to the beginning of the elder state.

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 17, 17:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought that both sim had to be elders to have the anniversary party (and they had to get married while they were adults too). Way back when I first bought Uni, John Burb had the "golden anniversary" want and I had their party as soon as they were both elders. It satisfied John's LTW but then I had the spam of "family reunion" memories for their kids and nieces Angela & Lilith. Each one of those kids had 30 blank family reunion memories. How annoying. But I did a little searching, found Pescado and what a relief.

One thing I'm wondering now, is that stupid spam of family reunion memories fixed or will we still need the bugfix? I haven't had a anniversary party since NL and I have the "noreunionmemory" fix dutifully waiting in my "custom content" backup folder. I'm not sure if I should or will need to put it back in or not. Undecided
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 17, 17:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could always have the party and only invite friends, not family!

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 17, 17:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true, I didn't consider that option. Smiley
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 17, 19:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I'm wondering now, is that stupid spam of family reunion memories fixed or will we still need the bugfix? I haven't had a anniversary party since NL and I have the "noreunionmemory" fix dutifully waiting in my "custom content" backup folder. I'm not sure if I should or will need to put it back in or not. Undecided

I've thrown one anniversary party and a handful of birthday parties where the only guests were family members not living at home and so far I haven't seen a family reunion memory at all. The only hacks I have in my game at the moment are the phonehack and crammyboy's eat more/talk less, so unless one of them stops the memories the old fix may not be needed anymore.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 17, 19:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's good to know. Perhaps I should give it a try with Herb & Coral Oldie and see what happens. I backup the neighborhoods once a week (twice if I happen to play more often) so if I can just put the backup in if the spammage happens. I'm going to go see what happens *off to experiment*

Edit-I'm back with good news about the family reunion spammage. Herb & Coral had their anniversary party, they invited John & Jennifer Burb, Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant, Dina Goth, Lilith & Angela Pleasant. It was a roof raiser so they both have memories of having a great anniversary party. What's weird is that Coral's thumbnail of the party is a window and Herb's is a lamppost.  Shocked Coral's LTW is to have 6 grandchildren so I didn't have the opportunity to test it and no matter how often I tried I couldn't get her LTW to reroll to the Golden Anniversary (by using TwoJeffs College Adjuster). I checked the other family members who attended the party and I'm relieved to say they don't have a single family reunion memory. So perhaps that annoyance is gone for good. Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 20:20:31 by cabelle » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 17, 20:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's weird is that Coral's thumbnail of the party is a window and Herb's is a lamppost.

LOL yup, mine were weird too - a driveway and a bottle of elixir.  Huh

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 18, 05:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried rerolling coral's with the debugger?  I changed her to Graduate 3 children from college - then had them adopt a child.  Haven't been back recently, but if she adopts another one, that goes to college too, and it counts as if three have graduated.  At her time of life, it's the only other achievable LTW!  But you could, of course, change her back to adult with SimPE and let her have more kids - or I suppose Mary-Sue could pop out a few more - or is she an elder now too?

Zephyr Zodiac
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 18, 13:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, well, I tried throwing an anniversary party while both the wife and husband were home and that didn't work either.  I can only assume it won't be successful until the husband is an elder, although if that's the case, I don't understand why the anniversary party is an option (not the first thing Maxis did lacking any sense).  I was hoping to get the wife permaplat ASAP, but I guess she can wait a few days.  I hope having the husband become an elder will resolve this.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 18, 15:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having the husband become an elder, then having the anniversary party should give the wife her LTW. It's weird that the option for the party shows up now, I thought it wasn't supposed to until both were elders.

Before Herb & Coral's party I tried about 8 times to reroll her LTW with TwoJeffs college adujster. I kept getting "have 6 grandchildren", "Become Captain Hero" or "Marry off 6 kids." Coral's wants are pretty simple (stuff with Herb and socializing with her granddaughters) so she seems to stay in platinum most of the time anyway. Not a big deal for me at the moment. My main focus right now is on building up the population of Pleasantview. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 18, 15:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If not, you'll have to change her aspiration quick smart and get her six grandchildren!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: