More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 09:53:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question?  (Read 3438 times)
trulyAQT
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question?
« on: 2007 June 20, 15:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can toddlers really fight over a bottle like they show in the introduction of the sims 2?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 20, 15:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can toddlers really fight over a bottle like they show in the introduction of the sims 2?

Yes, but it's rare -- I think one or both have to have to be really grouchy.  I think I've seen it happen in my game maybe once or twice, but that was a long time ago.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 20, 16:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'll fight if you direct both to go after the same bottle at the same time, regardless of personality. Autonomous, I don't know. Only had it happen the once, and this was maybe a month after the game first came out. Other than that, they don't know that the other exists.

Really wish they'd add toddler-toddler interactions.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 20, 16:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the toddlermania challenge, the kids are always hungry and 2 of them will inevitably fight over the first bottle you drop Wink Toddlers can also play together on some of the toys (the dollhouse particularly) so there's a little bit of interaction there, but yeah it would be nice if there was more and more kid to toddler as well.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 20, 17:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... but yeah it would be nice if there was more and more kid to toddler as well.

I agree with that one -- I've had too many cases of a child having 0 relationship with a toddler sibling because of no autonomous interactions.  Fortunately they raise it pretty quickly when the toddler grows up, or if the child becomes a teen and can help take care of the sprog.

It also really makes no sense that children can't get a bottle out of the fridge for a toddler.  They can get snacks and leftovers, but not a bottle?  I can see why they wouldn't allow kids to do it for babies, but toddlers?  Dumb.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 20, 18:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... but yeah it would be nice if there was more and more kid to toddler as well.

I agree with that one -- I've had too many cases of a child having 0 relationship with a toddler sibling because of no autonomous interactions.  Fortunately they raise it pretty quickly when the toddler grows up, or if the child becomes a teen and can help take care of the sprog.
The one thing my modified Apocalypse Challengey-thing has done is solidify sibling relationships. With no tv and no computer, it's either read for fun or play with the toddler while they are at their toy. Actually, in the H generation, Ham and Honey were always simulaneously playing with Hazel at the bunny head.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 20, 18:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not entirely sure why no TV/computer would really change anything for sims, since both are pretty much useless for satisfying fun, with TV dropping from queue the moment you order it and the computer providing little to no boost. THE SPORT OF KINGS FTW.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: