More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 21:40:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Missing Eyeglasses ( um solved :-[ )
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Eyeglasses ( um solved :-[ )  (Read 2488 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Missing Eyeglasses ( um solved :-[ )
« on: 2007 June 09, 20:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did search and found the other posts concerning the missing or corrupted glasses.  I tried all the solutions offered there but I do believe my problem is a little different.

All the original eyeglasses that came with the base game are missing.  Any ep pack glasses, eg. goggles and stuff do show up.

Basically I downloaded and installed custom content in the form of nail polish.  I assumed at the time these polish files did not replace the glasses.  I didn't actually go in and check as I don't really change the glasses on sims very much.  However I just recently decided to change the glasses for one of the Curious Brothers, when the glasses menu came up there were heads with the asterick on them with the nail polishes, but no glasses, so I exited and did not save.

I then took out the files for the nail polish and went back into the game. When I went back to the glasses section there were no glasses at all, just the other expansion accessories.  I searched here and found the other glasses problems and replaced all the Sims00, etc packages from the disks and also the object package for Season's in case that might have changed.  That did not bring the glasses back.   Huh

I went into Body Shop and checked there and the glasses are all there, however they are all marked with astericks as if they were custom content.  I went back into the game again and no glasses there.  Sad

So I am at a loss of how to regain back the glass, of course any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
 Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2007 June 11, 22:07:17 by twistingsims » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Missing Eyeglasses (already searched & read related posts)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 11, 11:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a hack on MTS2 that hides glasses. You didn't happen to download it and forget, did you? If ALL glasses are missing, it would be truly odd if the nails caused it to happen.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=216247

Fail.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Re: Missing Eyeglasses ( um solved :-[ )
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 11, 22:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um yes . . .

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: