More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 08:27:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Installed Celebrations; Names of CAS sims changed...?!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installed Celebrations; Names of CAS sims changed...?!!  (Read 3142 times)
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Installed Celebrations; Names of CAS sims changed...?!!
« on: 2007 June 11, 02:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a, ahem, free version of the Celebrations SP (I am SO GLAD I didn't pay $20 for that, by the way.) and after I installed it and entered my hood, I noticed that all the sims I had previously created in CAS had new names, first and last. In a couple cases, they weren't even the right gender. For example, a male sim named Edge Copeland became Gretchen and a female named Erin Flay became Cristopher. Everyone's born-in-game children and grandchildren had their original and correct names. I also notced after I installed that my in-game clock had switched to 24-hour time.

Obviously this isn't a big deal, since it's pretty easily fixed with SimPE and doesn't really impact my gameplay but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why this might have happened. Is it possible that maybe the version I got was European? I only mention that as a possibility because I noticed that the language list at install contained a large list of European languages, and my (paid for) EPs and base game had a significantly shorter list. I don't know why this would have caused what it did though.

Sandwiches!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Installed Celebrations; Names of CAS sims changed...?!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 11, 03:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a topic about this somewhere around here. Search for phrases like "names changed," and so on. It was pretty recent.

Anyway, unless you made a backup of your neighborhood before installing, all you can do now is fix the mess using SimPE or hacks (lot debugger lets you change last names as well as first).

You will need to go into your computer's registry to change the language from UK to US (because that's what's causing the problem). Otherwise you will have the annoying name glitch, plus a 24 hour clock, and possibly other glitches. The thread I mentioned, explains how to change it, I think.

Fail.
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 11, 03:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eep! I thought I'd looked thoroughly enough, oops! This is still helpful, though, thank you! So far I haven't noticed anything besides the clock and the names, but if anything else comes up I don't mind doing a total reinstall. I've been meaning to for a while.

Sandwiches!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 11, 03:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's one of the threads. There was another one, too.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7793.0.html

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8116.0.html

Here's a few about changing language.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7521.0.html

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7605.0.html

« Last Edit: 2007 June 11, 03:35:52 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 11, 04:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, fantastic! Thanks again!

Sandwiches!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: