More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 08:20:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't get married
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't get married  (Read 3567 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Can't get married
« on: 2007 June 09, 12:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. So Ripp Grunt graduates Uni and gets a house in the neighborhood.  I move his fiancee, Brandi London, in with him.  She has also graduated Uni, was originally a downtownie teen whom I sent to Uni with Ripp.

He proposes marriage.  They jump.  He gets the memory, she doesn't, and her name does not change.  Error says she must be a person.

Error log attached.

Feeling stupid, and with gratitude for any help,

Phyllis
« Last Edit: 2007 June 09, 12:44:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't get married
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 09, 12:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen this bug, and I just did a marriage in my own game. I blame the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 09, 12:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sir, I did 3 marriages right before this with no problem.  The only non-awesome hack I have is fwiffo's multi-pollination technican hack.  I'll take it out and try again.

ETA:  I removed my pitifullly small Downloads folder (109 MB) and tried again.  Same error.  Log attached.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 10, 08:31:27 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 09, 16:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found two other threads of people with similar problems.  Doesn't look like there's a solution, though.  My situation is different from theirs in that:  I just regenerated my neighborhoods a couple of weeks ago and started over -- I've only played long enough to get this batch of kids through Uni; I never merged neighborhoods nor deleted any Sims; and I never edited any memories with SimPE -- only edited some DNA, and not on the two Sims in question.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,102.0.html

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,286.0.html

I guess if no solution is found, I can just let them live together -- Ripp's a Romance Sim anyway.  Or I can arrange for Brandi's death, which I may opt for since I don't want her around if her file is corrupt somehow.  I hate doing that, but oh well.  He'll get over it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 09, 22:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or I can arrange for Brandi's death, which I may opt for since I don't want her around if her file is corrupt somehow.  I hate doing that, but oh well.  He'll get over it.

As soon as he spies something shiny.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 09, 23:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly the problem I was having with the rezzed Tricou family in my game (yes I did that, no I didn't know it was bad at the time, yes now I know better).  None of the couples could be re-married, even with a bit of love potion to help them along.  Every time I tried, one of them would get the memory and the other would jump out of the interaction and not get the memory.  So I re-killed the ones I didn't like, and the rest are now happily married/having affairs along with the rest of Veronaville's f*d-up families.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 10, 08:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further review suggests this bug may date back to NL, so it may have existed and been known for over a year now.

Try this old experimental fix.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 10, 10:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant, as usual, Sir!  Ripp and Brandi are now married, with no problems.  (Well.  Other than those that married life brings a Romance Sim and his spouse.  But my Sims tend to have happy, long, monogamous relationships, and I've found that Romance Sims make wonderful parents, regardless of their fears.  I'm rambling ....).

*enacts the "We are not worthy" bows*

I shall click the "Thank you" button posthaste!

Oh ... and ....

*HUGS*!!

Grin

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: