More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 02:35:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something odd in NL, not sure what to make of it.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something odd in NL, not sure what to make of it.  (Read 6072 times)
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Something odd in NL, not sure what to make of it.
« on: 2005 October 14, 03:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this happen before so I dont know if it's part of the game or some strange glitch, but while I was playing a custom sim in his house in Strangetown there was this large dark blue flare on the screen and I have no clue what it was or what caused it.

Also, I noticed when I have the cheat window expanded I get all kinds of repeating audio errors with duplicate resource instances, failed initializations and failed getsounddefinitions.

While I was looking at those (I noticed at the end of the list there was a different error that I'm not sure if it has to do with that blue flare or not since the flare occured shortly before I checked the error list and exited the game, I wrote the error down though.

And that bug with the Sims freezing when cuddling in the hot tub still exists.

Here's the error:

ERROR Material Parser: Error whilst parsing material definition 'censormaterial'
packed:/sims.matShad(70):Missing vertext program
        in command 'end'
        in definition 'CensorCompositingMaterial', line 28
        in command 'create CensorCompositingMaterial()'
.\sourceGZSceneGraphMaterialParser.cpp (5926)

There were 5 or 6 of those errors one after another.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Something odd in NL, not sure what to make of it.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 03:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly was this blue flare? Was it on an object? Like when you used a custom recolor that you no longer have? I got a lot of flashing blue objects with NL, even though the custom colors were still there. The GrandTrianon beds, for example, from MTS2. All I had to do was go into buy mode and use the redesign thing to change the color back.
And do you have a censor patch installed? If so, which one?
I *think* all those audio errors, etc, are benign. I've gotten them since I started playing the game. I could very well be wrong and my machine and yours will blow up at any minute.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 04:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it wasn't on an object, the house it occured in was a maxis house and was barely furnished since I had just recently moved the guy in, I dont think I was using any objects in the house that were using custom recolors. I have Quaxi's censor patch for NL.

The flare was just that, a flare, it had no discernable shape and wasn't like the flashing blue of recolored objects, it was there for a few seconds and then it was gone, it was about 3 inches vertically and about 1 1/2 inches wide and fuzzy around the edges. Being Strangetown, for just a second I almost thought someone was beaming in to my Sims house.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 04:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed with freshly restored houses in Pleasantview (Pleasant and Lothario in particular), a couple of side tables have started flashing blue and need replacing.  When I look in the catalogue there is a blue recolour of this end table which I can't delete, but I don't know why the original table in the houses would be recolours.  Huh

EDIT: this is post-patch.

<insert witty comment here>
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 04:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't had a flare, but like Brynne, I have had constant audio & missing texture errors in debug mode since the release of sims2. That's the main reason I don't play with debug mode enabled.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 10:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flare was just that, a flare, it had no discernable shape and wasn't like the flashing blue of recolored objects, it was there for a few seconds and then it was gone, it was about 3 inches vertically and about 1 1/2 inches wide and fuzzy around the edges. Being Strangetown, for just a second I almost thought someone was beaming in to my Sims house.

Are you talking about the flash that happens when someone is meditating and then they start levitating?
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 15:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any of my sims meditate so I don't know if it was similar or not, but it wasn't caused by meditating. My sim was busy shuting off the computer, the flash occured to the right of the computer and the sim and wasn't the computer screen because the view I was in had it faced away from me. It was a large solid blue flash on my screen that was there for no more than 5 seconds and then was gone.

I'll just forget about it I guess and if it happens again then I'll start to worry.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 16:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this happen before so I dont know if it's part of the game or some strange glitch, but while I was playing a custom sim in his house in Strangetown there was this large dark blue flare on the screen and I have no clue what it was or what caused it.

Also, I noticed when I have the cheat window expanded I get all kinds of repeating audio errors with duplicate resource instances, failed initializations and failed getsounddefinitions.

While I was looking at those (I noticed at the end of the list there was a different error that I'm not sure if it has to do with that blue flare or not since the flare occured shortly before I checked the error list and exited the game, I wrote the error down though.

And that bug with the Sims freezing when cuddling in the hot tub still exists.

Here's the error:

ERROR Material Parser: Error whilst parsing material definition 'censormaterial'
packed:/sims.matShad(70):Missing vertext program
        in command 'end'
        in definition 'CensorCompositingMaterial', line 28
        in command 'create CensorCompositingMaterial()'
.\sourceGZSceneGraphMaterialParser.cpp (5926)

There were 5 or 6 of those errors one after another.

Do you have Quaxi's censor removing hack?
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 16:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 14, 17:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't everybody?  Huh  Wink Grin

Just kidding - thanks Maxoid Tom for helping us out.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 15, 03:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't everybody?  Huh  Wink Grin

Just kidding - thanks Maxoid Tom for helping us out.

I'm not familiar with what Quaxi did to modify the censor--you may need to ask him about it.  He may be forcing an error with the material so that it does not appear, but that's just conjecture.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 15, 03:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any of my sims meditate so I don't know if it was similar or not, but it wasn't caused by meditating. My sim was busy shuting off the computer, the flash occured to the right of the computer and the sim and wasn't the computer screen because the view I was in had it faced away from me. It was a large solid blue flash on my screen that was there for no more than 5 seconds and then was gone.

I'll just forget about it I guess and if it happens again then I'll start to worry.

I just was thinking...is the computer still working? I get a little flash by the computer when it breaks. It always breaks (for me) when the sim is turning off the computer. If you click on the computer, does it say "repair"?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 15, 07:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it break halfway through a term paper!  I think my sim was trying to avoid the task!

Zephyr Zodiac
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 02:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out. It was TwoJeffs NPC and Visitor Zapper, I had it set to zap uninvited guests and anytime a townie would enter the lot they'd make it to the middle of the sidewalk and then disappear in a blaze of blue light that bled through the walls of the house (which was what I was seeing, being unaware of the presence of townies on the lot) and made them all appear as though aliens were abducting them. I had never used the zapper before so I was unaware that it would do that.

As for that error, I watched the error list and it only occurs when the censor is supposed to be rendered. So I'm pretty sure that's caused by Quaxi's no censor patch for NL, but it doesn't seem to hinder my game in anyway so it probably wont be a problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: