More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Corrupt death memories resurfacing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupt death memories resurfacing?  (Read 2690 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Corrupt death memories resurfacing?
« on: 2007 May 31, 20:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have nocorruptdeath in my downloads and have done for many months now (along with the rest of the DC) but today for the first time I noticed the jagged lines characteristic of the corrupt death memories.  I used the lot debugger to clear all gossip memories and normally I wouldn't mention it but I know that another MATYian has had the same problem.  I am going to keep an eye on things and see whether the memory resurfaces, I'm assuming an error log would be helpful next time! 

So I guess my question is has anyone else experienced this lately?  Also am I wrong in thinking that having nocorruptdeath should stop the corrupt memories from ever appearing or does it just reduce the chance of them occurring and spreading?  And finally, although I have used the lot debugger, is there anything else I need to do in SimPE to rid myself of the jagged lines?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Corrupt death memories resurfacing?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 01, 10:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jagged line memories can resurface due to things other than corrupt deaths, and can be expunged by purging the gossip records.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 01, 10:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did purge the memories after the jagged lines of doom appeared the first time, however I had them happen on me again, this time on a sim who hadn't been in contact with the jagged-line-wielding-one, nor gossiped with anyone.

Do you mean that it's coincidence that the jagged lines re-appear in both mine and mildlydisguised's game? Halp.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 01, 12:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jagged line memories can resurface due to things other than corrupt deaths, and can be expunged by purging the gossip records.

Yeah?  What kind of other things?

Also the same sim is unable to propose to his elder girlfriend at the moment.  He is a widower and has had a subsequent g/f die on him too.  I don't know whether that is connected since her arrival on the scene and his inability to propose has happened since I purged the gossip records.  I am going to try and delete the gravestone and see if that makes a difference.

I'm wondering if this is all signifying a borked hood though.  Does seem strange that I got the jagged lines a day or so after annann mentioned to me that she had them.  If I was a crazy person I'd think that annann had passed the corruptness through to me Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: