More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 21:57:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Trying to view one sim's memories freezes game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trying to view one sim's memories freezes game  (Read 2840 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Trying to view one sim's memories freezes game
« on: 2007 June 01, 16:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to switch to the memory tab of one of my sims the game freezes and I have to use task manager to kill it. It doesn't generate an error log. This is an old sim that I haven't been playing very much, but she didn't have any problems before this. I have all the expansions installed. I looked at her memories in SimPE and none of them looked suspicious, though I'm not sure what to look for. I haven't edited her memories (or any other sim's). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anyone give me hints on what to look for as far as borked memories? This isn't an emergency -- as long as I remember not to try to open her memory tab things should be ok. Nonetheless, I'd like to fix it if I can.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Trying to view one sim's memories freezes game
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 01, 16:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen in my game recently.  I had a couple going on a woohoo scavenger hunt (woohoo in as many different locations as possible).

For the first one, they went to a clothing store and woohooed in a changing booth.  This was their first public wohoo.  The memories from that were messed up.  Instead of woohooed with (name) I got woohooed with odd things, like controllers.  This couple were kinkier than I thought Wink  I fixed the memories in SimPE so that they actually referred to the sim they'd woohooed with, and the problem was solved.

I know you said you'd checked the memories in SimPE.  If I were you, I'd double check the memories in SimPE to see that they actually refer to sims and not unusual objects.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 01, 17:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, there were broken public woohoo memories that I missed. I removed those and the game is ok now. Have you had trouble with other sims' memories of public woohoos? I'm wondering if I'll have to check the memories of anyone who woohoos in an elevator.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 01, 19:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can pinpoint the exact actions which produce fucked up memories, I can look into a fix.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 02, 15:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it was woohoo'ing in an elevator. I'll try it again to see if the same thing happens.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 02, 15:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking back now, mine was an elevator too, not a clothing booth.  The clothing booth was on the second community lot they visited, and gave them an unglitched memory of public woohoo.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: