More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 01:07:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dddrunken questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dddrunken questions  (Read 5707 times)
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
Dddrunken questions
« on: 2007 May 30, 03:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please excuse any typos.. massive quantities of Seagrams have been imbibed  Grin School for my children is finally out.. so no getting up at the crack of dawn to make breakfasts/ get clothes/ check for what they need to take to school.

Has anyone come up with a Pets Motives cheat? Carrigan's is a bone and doesn't seem to work for cats.. since they are unselectable except via boolprop from neighborhood (which I always fuggit to do).. getting my cats to be basically the decorations they are in RL is almost impossible. I prefer a plant if possible... one that is like Gnohmon's flamingos (IOWs just placed on the lot and ferget about it.) Preferrably one that sets them at 1/2 or 3/4 motives so they still play/potty/scratch etc w/o me having to feed them/ do potties (yuck) or cheat them up to an acceptable level before sending them off to make moolah.   I have a potty cheat/forever food cheat.. now all I need id a motives cheat that works.

Has anyone made a no-cd crack for vista/seasons yet? I put Sims 1 on the new pc.. the crack didn't want to work nicely even after telling the file to "run as admin" nor "run like it was XP". No hurries.. it plays nice enough on this pc ... as long as I remember to shut down the Net.. so that Norton doesn't pop up asking if I want my updates (with the no-cd crack it ends up with one only being able to close the game instead of opening it back up). But it would be nice to play it on whichever pc my kids let me w/o using the disk ;P

How do you make skins? I want one like mine .. brown but not India brown. I'm Indian.. but the red kind ;-) I have The Gimp, Irfanview and Paint and ImageMagick... do I need a program beyond them?  If so I'll have to wait... just bought a second WOW account for another son... I'll have to suck harder than a Lythdan to get the paid character transfer for him ;-) Ah the perils of a SAHM with a limited income.

And finally.. anyone know why a real fat cat has stinky breath? He (Gannon) eats the same food as Link (dry) and Asheley (wet, RIP.. don't ask or I'll bawl).. but has the raunchiest breath ever.. why don't maxis' pets have stench... or do they? I play cats for the limited time I keep a 'Hood... and the cats clean themselves. He's UTD on all shots/ parasite protection.. his teeth look good from my POV but I'm not a Vet.

All thanks given on the 'morrow... after my hangover is gone.. or I have fed various pets/kids and have sucked a coffee down.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Dddrunken questions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 30, 04:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 30, 04:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 30, 04:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're funny.
Please excuse any typos.. massive quantities of Seagrams have been imbibed  Grin
Loser, meet Delirium Tremens. Now run off and be happy together.

Has anyone come up with a Pets Motives cheat? Carrigan's is a bone and doesn't seem to work for cats.. since they are unselectable except via boolprop from neighborhood (which I always fuggit to do)
"boolProp controlpets". Max motives should work but of course that affects everyone. Pet motives shouldn't be a problem unless you get them a job, because they come home tired, stinky, and cranky. Otherwise they are pretty self sufficient. Stop annoying the kitty and it'll do its thing. As in real life, if it bitches too much, get it a friend.

Has anyone made a no-cd crack for vista/seasons yet? I put Sims 1 on the new pc.. the crack didn't want to work nicely even after telling the file to "run as admin" nor "run like it was XP".
Mixed metaphor alert. I blame Seagrams.

And finally.. anyone know why a real fat cat has stinky breath? He (Gannon) eats the same food as Link (dry) and Asheley (wet, RIP.. don't ask or I'll bawl).. but has the raunchiest breath ever.. why don't maxis' pets have stench... or do they?
I'd suspect it has something to do with stomach acid, but I have no idea. My bigger one has the same problem. Try these treats...shaped like tiny fishies in a tin tin called Pit-r-Pat. Great for the breath. Unfortunately, Soren is the only cat I know that doesn't like them. The baby gobbles them like candy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 30, 04:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

off-img

Aww come'on ... the great JMP hasn't come up with a pets motive anything? Not even a pets' learning tool? Christianluv's tool just seems too cheaty.. I want macro pets skillanator! Throw in a pets chew on a bone/mouse nip to satisfy fun/chewing/scratching whatever too.

Hmmm.. might be too much much to ask of The Fish though.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 30, 05:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bunny with the pancake is too cute! I forgot about that site.

And finally.. anyone know why a real fat cat has stinky breath? ~misty

Most common reason is gingivitis. My cat had it. She needed major dental work and even ended up losing one of her fangs. You should probably get that checked out.

Hey JM, I think you should make a cat sanity hack. The damn things in my game are so needy. On what planet so cats need to be petted and cuddled so damn much?
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 30, 05:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're funny.
Please excuse any typos.. massive quantities of Seagrams have been imbibed  Grin
Loser, meet Delirium Tremens. Now run off and be happy together.

S'nice! KMA! Or not... I'm too happy about not getting up early to really care.

Has anyone come up with a Pets Motives cheat? Carrigan's is a bone and doesn't seem to work for cats.. since they are unselectable except via boolprop from neighborhood (which I always fuggit to do)
"boolProp controlpets". Max motives should work but of course that affects everyone. Pet motives shouldn't be a problem unless you get them a job, because they come home tired, stinky, and cranky. Otherwise they are pretty self sufficient. Stop annoying the kitty and it'll do its thing. As in real life, if it bitches too much, get it a friend.

I already know about boolprop.. but I hate to see all the errors that pop up as I play.. whether I should click cancel or reset isn't explained near enough to want to do either. I mainly want kitty to be full o'food/energy.. just like my real kitties are on any given day.

Has anyone made a no-cd crack for vista/seasons yet? I put Sims 1 on the new pc.. the crack didn't want to work nicely even after telling the file to "run as admin" nor "run like it was XP".
Mixed metaphor alert. I blame Seagrams.
Umm... the gamecopy site said to try the 2 above as ways to get Sims1 to run.. Vista is finicky and yucky .. that is you either have to run stuff as "admin" or "run like it's really XP".

And finally.. anyone know why a real fat cat has stinky breath? He (Gannon) eats the same food as Link (dry) and Asheley (wet, RIP.. don't ask or I'll bawl).. but has the raunchiest breath ever.. why don't maxis' pets have stench... or do they?
I'd suspect it has something to do with stomach acid, but I have no idea. My bigger one has the same problem. Try these treats...shaped like tiny fishies in a tin tin called Pit-r-Pat. Great for the breath. Unfortunately, Soren is the only cat I know that doesn't like them. The baby gobbles them like candy.
Gannon would eat Pescado if he tasted ok.. this cat eats anything.. unlike Link who will only eat dry food/treats.. he's the only animal I've ever seen turn up his nose at chicken/steak/liver... other than herbivores, of course.

I wish this forum could do nested quotes much easier... even when I haven't tippled.

edit= "reset" not "rest".. but I'm off to do that!

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 30, 06:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already know about boolprop.. but I hate to see all the errors that pop up as I play.. whether I should click cancel or reset isn't explained near enough to want to do either. I mainly want kitty to be full o'food/energy.. just like my real kitties are on any given day.
Different boolProps. You're thinking of boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, which does that. I don't keep it on, just enter it true, enter it false, so that I can Ctrl-Shift-C and cycle through when I need them. The "control pets" modifier doesn't alert to errors. It just gives you...uh...control. To tell them to do stuff. To make them stop doing stuff, you need "boolprop PetActionCancel true". Guide to all cheat codes here: http://snootysims.com/cheatsindex.php?id=cheats

There are nesting quotes, but breaking up and replying requires manual effort.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 30, 07:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a lot of cats in my game and they always stay in fairly good moods.  I guess the trick is to make sure they have all the items they need:  a food bowl (unless you want to feed them treats and scraps from your table all the time), a scratching post or kitty condo, a litter box (until you train them to use the toilet) and the little birdy toy that sticks out of the wall on a rod for them to play with.  A pet bed is useful, but optional, as they'll sleep anywhere.  Dogs need the chew toy.  I keep one on the lawn of all my houses, whether they have pets or not, just for visiting strays.

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but once you have a cat trained to "come here" you can order them about a bit.  If they're litter trained, you can tell them to go use the litter box.  If they're trained to use the pet bed, you can send them to sleep.  I don't know what all the combinations are, but my animals all have a lot of stuff in their menus, and they've all been trained a bunch.  I don't know if they have to be fully trained in any of these behaviors for the menu options to appear.

If you're getting a lot of errors from TestingCheatsEnabled, there's something wrong.  Your game is getting those errors whether the cheat is active or not.  Without the dialog the game will select Reset, which causes Sims to jump out of an action.  If you see the error dialog, first try cancel.  If it comes up again, select reset.  Avoid using delete as it will probably delete something you don't want to. 

I've had TestingCheatsEnabled in my game continuously ever since I first heard about it.  I don't have any problems at all.  If you want to change a cat's motives, for example to get them to go to bed, drag their energy down.  This is about the only time I'll use the ability to change motives with the cheat.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 30, 08:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, even scolding and praising for behavior adds commands you can make them do. ie keep praising them for eating pet food, and you can actually command them to eat when the training bar is full, or keep scolding them for sleeping on sim beds and you can send them to go sleep. You just have to spend a bit of time training them, or hire the obedience trainer. I have never hired the trainer though, so I don't know how good it is.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 30, 09:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Sims 1, I recommend putting it on an external hard drive/a new hard drive partition. That way, everyone has read/write acccess. That's what I did, and it works fine.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 30, 14:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, even scolding and praising for behavior adds commands you can make them do. ie keep praising them for eating pet food, and you can actually command them to eat when the training bar is full, or keep scolding them for sleeping on sim beds and you can send them to go sleep.
Training them to eat pet food is dead useful, pun intended. For working pets, they tend to come home and park their butts in the front yard, snoozing or grooming, while you get the message that you're neglecting your starving pets.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 30, 16:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already know about boolprop.. but I hate to see all the errors that pop up as I play.. whether I should click cancel or reset isn't explained near enough to want to do either.

fwiw, as it's not even the cheat you need, you shouldn't have errors popping up all the time when you enable testing cheats. If you do, stuff is borken and needs fixing. Try more awesome hacks.

Unsouper
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 30, 17:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim cats want too much attention, get less friendly cats.  That's a personality thing -- my crazy cat lady sim had six cats, and the friendly ones followed her around and wanted to be hugged, while the aggressive loner cats chased the mailman and got into fights with each other.

Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 31, 01:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Different boolProps. You're thinking of boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, which does that. I don't keep it on, just enter it true, enter it false, so that I can Ctrl-Shift-C and cycle through when I need them. The "control pets" modifier doesn't alert to errors. It just gives you...uh...control. To tell them to do stuff. To make them stop doing stuff, you need "boolprop PetActionCancel true". Guide to all cheat codes here: http://snootysims.com/cheatsindex.php?id=cheats

There are nesting quotes, but breaking up and replying requires manual effort.

Ah! Thanks! For both the command and the link.

I think most of the errors I had popping up with boolprop TCE are due to a custom bed.. high energy/comfort for cheap bucks.  Or perhaps some other item that I use on occasion (ie pop it in and then sell it after it maxes everything) .. Gnohmon's Flamingo.  I should check to see which/what and delete it.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: