More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 11:03:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Which SimPe should i use??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Which SimPe should i use??  (Read 3089 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Which SimPe should i use??
« on: 2007 May 26, 02:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until the newest SimPe came out i was using the latest one.... 0.6 ? I have all ep's and sp's except Seasons and Holiday crap.... so i was using the SimPe for zomgpetz!! I was editing objects as well as editing my sims.... no probs there....

Then i got celebrations and SimPe came up with the message "You have a newer expansion pack are you sure you want to continue"... no problem i thought i just won't edit my sims or hood until a new SimPe comes out.... and i waited and i waited and i ..... anyways

New Simpe comes out supporting Celebrations and Seasons and Lifestories and so on.... "great" i thought... now i can edit my hood again... edited a few sims, did some surgery... all was fine with the world and the hood....

Today i got the bright idea to edit some of my objects... opened up the objects with SimPe, looked at the BHAV's and saw [invalid BHAV]  Huh everywhere... i thought maybe i just hadn't noticed that before, so i opened up some objects i've already worked on that i know didn't have that and it's in the BHAV's for all of my objects and hacks...

So my question is... which simpe should i be using.... i want to be able to edit my sims as well as edit objects... if i use the older one that doesn't support Celebrations will it matter because I don't have seasons and Celebrations is just a stuf pack without a real .exe...  or does Celebrations really save hoods in a different format than petz?

Thanks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Which SimPe should i use??
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 06:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do most of my work in Ye Olde SimPE 50b, and I still do touch-up there, but mostly I use my personal UglyEditor now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 10:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you're Pescado, use the newest version.
Something might be corrupt in the install, but you should use the newest shinies release.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 23:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody is Pescado....  Grin

I've tried a few clean installs of the latest shiney and i still see the same wierdness... i'm thinking it might have something to do with the way i've used the squishification prog from jfade.... i think i cancelled it when i shouldn't have...

I'm going to try a full game reinstall later and see if that makes a difference...

Thanks
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 30, 21:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the squishificator... it's something i did somewhere...

I did a complete clean reinstall of the latest SimPe twice and still had the same errors.... So i did a complete reinstall of my game files and that didn't make a difference....

After i installed simpe and the game again, i opened up simpe before i had run the game or even put my downloads folder back and had the errors so it's not my game or a download...

Question is.... if i don't have seasons but i have celebrations, can i use the older zomgpetz!! version of simpe on my hood without causing a BFBVFS... or would that be a VBT??    Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: