More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:45:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  law career teleprompter annoyance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: law career teleprompter annoyance  (Read 3897 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
law career teleprompter annoyance
« on: 2007 May 23, 11:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have TwoJeff's TeleprompterNoAutoplay hack as the combination of sim kids and the teleprompter is too much to bear. I've looked and can't find an equivalent for the Law career reward. Have I just missed it through stupidity/blindness? Or do I have to look elsewhere to find one? The TeleprompterNoAutoplay hack is dated 12/02/2005 so is fairly old.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: law career teleprompter annoyance
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 23, 11:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have TwoJeff's TeleprompterNoAutoplay hack as the combination of sim kids and the teleprompter is too much to bear. I've looked and can't find an equivalent for the Law career reward. Have I just missed it through stupidity/blindness? Or do I have to look elsewhere to find one? The TeleprompterNoAutoplay hack is dated 12/02/2005 so is fairly old.
I don't think Jeffy ever updated it for those, and I don't consider the issue sufficiently annoying to stop it, since it seems to be relatively harmless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 23, 11:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it does cheer them up enough to do their homework and as long as I don't have to be in the same room as them I can live with it. I haven't bothered to check but does the 'adult annoyed with child' interaction impact on the adult-child daily relationship in any way?

In some ways an addition to the door locking system to include age filtering would be nice then you could bar toddlers, kids or even teens from certain rooms (like the one with the teleprompter in) on a you have to have reached a certain age group to be admitted basis.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 23, 13:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Authorized Personnel Only already includes this functionality. What's more, you can block autonomous access while still permitting manually directed access.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 23, 13:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ie-place in locked room. I do this. I thought maybe you were complaining about the 'chinging' noises from earning simoleans every second. That does my nut in Cheesy I have to turn off my speakers!

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 23, 16:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM: I'll take a look at Authorized Personnel - I should have known that you would have done something along these lines already. I suppose the mini-sims will then bleat about not being able to get to it.

Emma: It's more the belching and irritating giggling that annoys. For me the ka-ching isn't too bad, at least they're earning money while being annoying.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 23, 19:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just put the teleprompter against the wall so a kid can't get to it?  You can move it out again when you want to use it for some legitimate purpose.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 23, 19:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that and the kids just stand next to it waving there hands in the air all day because they cant get to it  Roll Eyes So I took a look at twojeffs hack to figure out how it worked and made my own version for the Law Teleprompter. I can upload it if anybody wants it, its just the same as twojeffs TeleprompterNoAutoplay but it works for the other career reward instead.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 24, 02:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the no... hacks?  They stomp this in a variety of ways.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: