More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 20, 15:14:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a cheat to increase lot size?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a cheat to increase lot size?  (Read 6989 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Is there a cheat to increase lot size?
« on: 2005 September 29, 09:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim living in the nightlife townhouse.

As some of you might know, the townhouse is quite big, but the surrounding yard is small.

My sim has a want to swim, so I would like to build a pool, but the lot size doesn't have enough room to permit a pool to be built.

Any suggestions, besides moving out to a smaller house with a bigger yard?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is there a cheat to increase lot size?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 12:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The houses in Downtown are small cubes, that are built only for "slams"...Smiley. You can't put there a garage, nor a swimming pool.

You have two options:
1) When your sim wants to swim, take him to one of the parks that have a swimming pool.
2) Use "motherlode", buldoze some small lots, and build a proper house for your sim...Smiley.

The miserable sims have "miserable" patrons (i.e. you)...Smiley. (Jocking). But really I can't understand how players let their sims to suffer in the game...Smiley.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 12:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The houses in Downtown are small cubes, that are built only for "slams"...Smiley. You can't put there a garage, nor a swimming pool.
I thought most housese downtown already had garages.  What are "slams?"
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 12:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have two options:
1) When your sim wants to swim, take him to one of the parks that have a swimming pool.
2) Use "motherlode", buldoze some small lots, and build a proper house for your sim...Smiley.

The miserable sims have "miserable" patrons (i.e. you)...Smiley. (Jocking). But really I can't understand how players let their sims to suffer in the game...Smiley.

Well....ouchy wouch woo woo Gali!!! LOL

I'm not gonna move my sim to a new lot.......
also I don't let my sim suffer...hence my need to try and increase his royal simminess's lot size to accomodate a swimming pool.....

My sim has plenty of simoleans to move to another lot, so Motherlode is irrelevant....but the townhouse is wonderfullly large to accomodate a growing family...when he decides to get married and start one, however like I've stated it's very limited in it's backyard.......hence my query about increasing lot sizes  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 13:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the townhouse is built without a foundation just add an indoor pool.  If the townhouse is built on a foundation you can delete the center of the foundation and make a sunken area that you can add a pool to.  (Make sure you leave room for at least one set of stairs.) 

If the townhouse is small to begin with you can always extend the first level floor plan to accomodate the pool.  I know there is a great set of transparent walls and doors at MTS2 that you can make a sunroom with to accent the indoor pool.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 29, 15:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought most housese downtown already had garages. What are "slams?"

Perhaps I didn't spell it well (slums or slams, don't know), but we name the poor people, living in poor build areas (like Harlem, or Bronks) - slams (slums). They usually have low intelligence, and are hard-working for their living. We have too areas of this kind, and the young generation wants to run away from there, and achieve a higher rate of life...Smiley.

I really was joking, because in some pictures of players, I saw toddlers with red mood, mother with almost red mood - and it hurts me to see them in this condition. It's a GAME, not real life - so give them the luxury you don't have...Smiley. Fulfill your dream in them - that's what I do...Smiley.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 29, 17:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really saw the housing in the Downtown area as being built as slums.  To my mind it reflects real-life city living.  Most people who live near the Downtown area of any city don't have any bare land to speak of because all the buildings are crammed together.

My simmies prefer yards so they all live where they have elbow room.  My neighborhoods look more like the sparsely populated areas you find 10 miles or so out of towns. LOL  But I know there are plenty of people who really enjoy living right in the middle of things. Smiley

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 30, 12:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really saw the housing in the Downtown area as being built as slums.  To my mind it reflects real-life city living.  Most people who live near the Downtown area of any city don't have any bare land to speak of because all the buildings are crammed together.

My simmies prefer yards so they all live where they have elbow room.  My neighborhoods look more like the sparsely populated areas you find 10 miles or so out of towns. LOL  But I know there are plenty of people who really enjoy living right in the middle of things. Smiley
That's what I thought.  Most people living in the heart of downtown don't have much yard, and you'll never see any with a swimming pool.  Usually they have to go to the Y or the community center to swim.  At most, they might have a wading pool for the kiddies.  At least you don't have much yard to mow, but strangely enough, Sims never have to mow grass, just like they never have to wash clothes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 01, 00:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims never have to mow grass, just like they never have to wash clothes.

Or buy new clothes when they get fat!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 01, 01:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, witch Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 01, 02:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, when you live in a city, or a "Downtown" area, you have much more exciting things than pools to entertain yourself anyway  Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 01, 10:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, my Sim isn't living downtown, they're just living in the NL townhouse (the one that comes with the game, couldn't be bothered to build a house with driveway etc.....yeah I'm lazy, shoot me   Smiley)

Anyhow, it seems like I may have to move them to other 'digs' which have a bigger backyard.

He keeps re-rolling the swimming want which of course I can 'fix' once the hack is available......until then.......*sigh*

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 01, 11:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He keeps re-rolling the swimming want which of course I can 'fix' once the hack is available......until then.......*sigh*

do you mean the pool hack?  according to the official nightlife list, the code hasn't changed so you should still be able to use it.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 01, 11:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you mean the pool hack?  according to the official nightlife list, the code hasn't changed so you should still be able to use it.

No I don't mean the pool hack.......I mean the hack to re-roll wants........ Embarrassed can't remember what it's called

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 01, 12:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug mode lets you reroll wants - is it shift click on the want? or ctrl click?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 01, 13:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl + click.  I do it all the time.  Also, InSimenator has a function to refresh wants, but often your sim ends up getting the same wants unless there have been recent events that would cause his wants to change, such as flirting with his SO or interacting with a new sim.  Then you might get wants to be make out with SO or be friends with the new sim.
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 03, 07:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I didn't spell it well (slums or slams, don't know), but we name the poor people, living in poor build areas (like Harlem, or Bronks) - slams (slums). They usually have low intelligence, and are hard-working for their living. We have too areas of this kind, and the young generation wants to run away from there, and achieve a higher rate of life...Smiley.

Err .... where I come from, the slums are the poorer neighbourhoods, not the people who live there ..
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 03, 10:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dictionary.com gives a couple of definitiions:

A heavily populated urban area characterized by substandard housing and squalor.
A district of a city marked by poverty and inferior living conditions.

The "hard working people" are lower middle class, blue collar workers.  If they work, some don't.

Azkar, keep in mind that English is not Gali's first language. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: