More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 16:20:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing Accessory ages?
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Accessory ages?  (Read 5389 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Changing Accessory ages?
« on: 2007 February 16, 14:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I go to create the sims for my latest video project, only I want to have a flashback with the one sim as a toddler, then as a child. The only trouble is, he's a tiefling (a 1/4 demon), so he's got these horns as accessories I downloaded from god knows where. Anyway, they're only for YA/Adults/Elders.

Knowing little about meshing...

Would it be an easy thing to enable them for child/toddler that I could do in SimPE? Or would I have to edit the mesh to lower it to kid height? Would it be simple to edit the mesh (I have used 3D animation programs before, took a course in 3D studio max, but I'm still not that good at it, the course was very basic... and I took it twice...).

Or does anyone know where I can download horns for kids or toddlers? Would that be easier?

INFP or something
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Changing Accessory ages?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 16, 14:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about these? or these?

Google is your friend Wink

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 16, 14:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're up late Ms Emma!  Tongue
Having some quiet time without baby?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 16, 14:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw both of those, but neither match the horns I've had on this sim as an adult, in any way shape or form. He's got... lemmie see if I can find them, they're just a greyish black devil horn, no ram-shape or red.

though maybe I can recolor the red for a quick fix, after all, they are shorter and denser than his, maybe as a kid his horns were shorter..

still want to know how hard adjusting the ones I have would be though

INFP or something
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 16, 14:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help unless you tell me where you got the horns.

I have just about all the horns ever made for Sims 2, so if you tell me the file name I will probably be able to tell you where they came from and whether they can be made for all ages (because I have made my horns for all ages if at all possible... I use them for aliens living in The Mothership).

I can tell you that most of the horns out there CAN be made for tots, but in some cases they will be floating over their heads... though a large or fluffy hairstyle will hide that fact.

In SimPE you would just need to add the age codes for the age groups you want.

Open the recolor (not the mesh, unless the texture is in the same file as the mesh), and select Property Set on the left-hand side. Find where it says "age" and click on that. The numbers are:

0x00000010 - elder
0x00000008 - adult
0x00000040 - young adult
0x00000004 - teen
0x00000002 - child
0x00000001 - tot

If your horns don't currently have some of these age groups, you'll need to combine the codes. Let's say the horns are for child-elder. You should select the child Property Set and change 0x00000002 to 0x00000003, because 2+1 (child + tot code) = 3. If the horns are for teen-elder you would change the teen code from 0x00000004 to 0x00000007 because 4+2+1=7 and that will enable them for teen, child, and tot.

You can enable the other sex, too, if the horns are not already for both. The code will end in 1 or 2 (but I forget which one is male and which is female) and changing it to 3 will enable it for both. This is done under Property Set --> gender.

Fail.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 17, 07:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mmm, I found the mesh real easy, it's called "MESH_AMMidDemonHorns_010406_Schwerelos2006.package" and there are also small and large demon horns that came with it. I'll have to poke a bit to find the right recolor file and open it in SimPe

ETA: after much sorting (apparently my sorting skills had only gone so far as to lump a bunch of things in a folder called "genetics"), I came up with "6665d6ee_StayOnMidHorns.package" for the texture. Would it hurt things if I renamed packages for organization, like to get rid of the numbers?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 17, 07:21:28 by kuronue » Logged

INFP or something
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 17, 07:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can rename the package files and the game will read the resources without problems.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 17, 07:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool, thanks. I'll be over here resorting my downloads until I hear back from knowledgable people about the simPE stuff, since it would SUCK to mess something up and have to hunt for the zip file, especially since if I got it off MTS2 with Qexpress I'd have to hunt it down on MTS2 and I didn't see it before.

INFP or something
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 17, 12:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those horns are by g3bo (MTS2). http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145036&page=1&pp=25

For some reason I never ended up using them, so I suspect that you might have a little bit of trouble with them. For some reason I could not get a lot of g3bo's accessories to work using the "combined code" method (they would just vanish from the catalog). You might need to clone them in bodyshop and change the age code on the clone.

Fail.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 17, 12:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.

Well, I guess the better solution is to use these other horns I discovered that are shorter and stubbier for the kid/toddler sim, under the assumption that they lengthened/thinned as he grew older. I found I had a black recolor listed as "for enyala's skintones", so I've stuck that on a sim and it looks decent. If there will be issues with the edited versions I'd better not edit since I'm still learning.

hey, I finally did my first hack-like thing ever: a custom major, which is kind of in a sense a little tiny step towards understanding how hacks maybe in theory work someday ish! Better than recolors anyway, and I didn't break anything!

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: