More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:41:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  To uninstall?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: To uninstall?  (Read 6269 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
To uninstall?
« on: 2007 February 14, 09:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've had enough of OMGPetz1111 and so would like to uninstall.  I never let my Sims have any petz and the strays get on my nerves so I would rather not have this EP cluttering up my HD.  Although I do have a backed up version of my pre-Petz game, I have played all of my hoods with the Petz EP installed to the point where I would like not lose the current saved games.

Then I had a thought the other day, that may be completely stupid but it would help me keep my current saved games and get rid of Petz.  If I get and install Seasons, then go into every household and save, in each hood, would I then beable to uninstall Petz without any ill effects?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: To uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 14, 09:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing Seasons, maybe. I've personally never tried removing a prior expansion pack.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 14, 09:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller and set each lot to "ban strays."  Should tide you over until Seasons comes out.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 14, 10:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case I will try it when Seasons arrives.  I couldn't work out whether it was a very stupid idea or a mildly clever one.  I suspect it may turn into a VBT but if I backup I can always reinstall everything and return all to normal.

I will definitely use the Visitor Controller to ban strays.  Luckily I have used the no Pets P001 for my latest hood. 

I'm just struggling to find a reason to keep it installed.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 14, 11:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like all the cool furniture, but not all furniture is cool Wink and I kind of like the collection organising. Pets, I can live with, but without the stupid sim obsessions and the game slowing to a halt whenever there's a few extra pets on a lot.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 14, 12:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm with you on that! 

Also I play the game on a laptop and although the specs are ok they aren't top of the range.  I have an ATI Radeon X700 card and currently just over 1GB of RAM so I don't know how many EPs I'm going to be able to load on this system before it slows to a crawl   Undecided
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 14, 13:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Pets and too was a fan of the Atomic Age furniture suite. Overall, I felt the expansion weighed too many disadvantages even with cat/dog gameplay being very enjoyable.
With a trip to Holy Simoly for fresh objects, my Sims 2 experience consists of Nightlife and Open for Business until Seasons hits shelves (on my birthday, no less, har har!)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 14, 13:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I knew a little about object extracting, or even simpe, I'd just take all the objects, and kick the pack in the gutter.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 14, 13:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked a lot of the build mode stuff, in particular the flatten terrain to road level. I also liked the floor dividers because they come in handy for having more than one baby in a room.
The space stuff is cool for my little boys, and seeing as FFS gave me themes for my girls I thought it was time for more boyish stuff.
My sims never have pets any more. If they want a pet, I give them another kid. At least in later years a kid can be useful.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 14, 15:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Pets and then ended up reinstalling it for all the non-pet stuff - I love the clock, new phones, atomic furniture and the build stuff and being able to easily add different pictures for my sims to paint and a few other things.

so at this point I'm banning strays on most lots and not giving any sims pets. I may allow a few pets after Seasons comes out since then the wants will be clogged with Seasons stuff instead *laughs*

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 14, 15:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I had a thought the other day, that may be completely stupid but it would help me keep my current saved games and get rid of Petz.  If I get and install Seasons, then go into every household and save, in each hood, would I then beable to uninstall Petz without any ill effects?

Nope, you can't do that, it doesn't matter if you install Seasons or another EP, it won't make any difference. Once the game has been "updated" with the features of any EP you can't go back. It notes you of this prior to proceed with installation and also recommends you to back up your files. I guess you're stuck with this EP or you'll have to play with your pre-Pets files.

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 15, 02:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, well in that case I will wait and see if Seasons causes any lag, if it does then Petz can go and to hell with any saved games!

Edit - to add a missing n and a comma
« Last Edit: 2007 February 15, 09:58:00 by mildlydisguised » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 15, 02:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'd be able to uninstall if you had upgraded your engine so that it could read your save files anyway, as I saw code pertaining to vampires-without-NL-anymore, but who knows?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 15, 10:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrade how?  Are you talking hardware or software?  Or were you musing theoretically?  Tongue
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 15, 13:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrade by installing Seasons. Neighbourhoods are only readable by the same or a higher expansion. A Pets 'hood can only be read by Pets, and Seasons.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 15, 14:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I see   Embarrassed  That's what I thought might be possible.  Sod it I'm going to try it, can't hurt.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 16, 11:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you just use the objects.package from pets without pets installed, or would that mess up the interactions with said objects?

[knows nothing about game coding and is non awesome]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: