More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 10:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  dumbass question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: dumbass question  (Read 4041 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
dumbass question
« on: 2007 January 05, 07:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I figured it was time to play around with making a sim-me to post in Peasantry for you all to abuse. Except I made her in CAS rather than BodyShop, duh! She's still sitting in my Sim Bin, is there any way to make a Sims2Pack file out of her, or do I need to start over in BodyShop (bleh)?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: dumbass question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 05, 11:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two ways, you could put her into the game and package her lot to a file (one of the options on the same screen as you use to enter the lot) or you could export her into a bodyshop file using SimPe and the Sims Surgery tool to export your simself.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 11, 00:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I went into SimPE and packaged my self-sim up using Sim Surgery. But the file Sim Surgery generated is a package file, not a Sims2pack file. Will the custom content I used to create her be included for you to download? I know if anyone uses her she'll probably get made-over, but I at least want to start her out to my taste :-)

Would I be better off packaging her in-game? What about necessary mesh files? Like I said initially, I'm a dumbass, so I apologize in advance if my questions are stupid!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 11, 01:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can package her in Bodyshop, that will pack her in a sims2pack with her custom content - if you have Pets it will also pack the custom mesh. If you don't have pets you can provide people with a link to the mesh so they can download it.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 11, 03:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I can package her in BodyShop even though I created her in CAS? Would I be able to open the package file Sim Surgery created in BodyShop to accomplish this? Sorry again for the newb-level confusion, but I never package sims!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 11, 06:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim you packaged with SimPE Surgery (the .package file) does not contain custom files (i.e. hair meshes, recolors, clothes, etc.), but contains the references to those files you have in your download folder.

This means that if you select that sim in BodyShop, you'll see it identical to your customized creation in CAS. Now, if you package the sim in BodyShop, the Sims2Pack resulting will contain a copy of your sim .package and a copy of every custom content file you used for.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 11, 09:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help! I actually figured it out myself, but once I got the sim loaded into BodyShop I found I didn't like how she looked & started over :-P

Finally got a version up in Peasantry for you all to torture & torment though!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: