More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:33:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun  (Read 19083 times)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: OMGPETZ so cute...pass the shotgun
« Reply #50 on: 2006 December 30, 19:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've managed to somewhat curb my compulsive desire to keep all my sims in gold or platinum.  I believe JMP's assertion is that while you can achieve a gold or aspiration for Uni sims, it's not particularly useful to them.  Almost nothing they are required to do is improved by having a plat asp. meter.

That said, I am in the camp that observes better class performance from sims in plat.  My perma-plat sims get more credit from each hour of class they attend, compared to their sorority sisters in green.  However, it's hardly noticeable since the additional credit from a 3-hour class easily swamps the effect from plat in a 2-hour one.  And really, does anyone even need to send their sims to all their classes?  I have a few that I play like this, but it's only for my amusement.  I could get them through far more expeditiously in any of a dozen other ways.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 December 30, 20:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of those fuzzy issues that I hate not having numbers so here goes:

Mood varies from -100 to 100. If mood is less than -10 they use the "Low Mood" table for grading in that major. If mood is less than 55 they use the "Med Mood" table, and 55 or higher gives you the "High Mood" table for grading. This is roughly how it works. See the particular Major BCONs if you're interested in the details.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 December 30, 20:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put them on College... Rampage as soon as the semester starts until they have a high grade and then send them to the final with the college clock when their whole "class" is at least around an A level. If I get bored or some of them get their grades sooner then I will work in a few relationship things, but mostly I just want them out of Uni as soon as possible.

One of these days I will try the greek house and secret society thing, but so far I have only gone for degrees and only very rarely play it for any significant length of time.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 December 30, 23:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Popularity and romance sims are easier, and family sims drive me insane with their wants to be best friends with people they only met 5 minutes ago.

That's what phonehack and autoyak are for...  I find that extended phone calls one day apart will make them best friends pronto.

I have them College->Rampage at the beginning of the semester, then do social stuff after. 

In new hoods, I actually start the Greek house from scratch with a playable Sim and his or her townie significant other (or dormie if he or shee never fell for one of the townies), then have a sibling and his or her significant other become pledges, move in, and take over the running of the place.  After 2 or 3 playables with 7K scholarships, they've got a pretty nice place!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 December 31, 14:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't class performance vary slightly by mood?
Nope. Mood has no real effect on Uni-anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: