More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 07:15:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims reset every time I click on them
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims reset every time I click on them  (Read 3779 times)
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Sims reset every time I click on them
« on: 2006 November 16, 01:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have EP's up to OFB and today I started getting an error every time I clicked on a teen sim.

Error: gosub tree number.

Attached is the error log.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2006 November 16, 03:19:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims reset every time I click on them
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 02:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... the only potential hack that I found which modifiies that BHAV is the moveinall hack. Do you have the proper compatible version for your game?

Other than that, I would imagine the only other hack that may conflict is InTeen (not compatible with Pets yet, but you say that you only have up to OFB). Unless you happen to have some squigey related hack?

I will attach a file that just contains the default Maxis code. You can stick it in your Downloads and run your favorite hack conflict detecting utility. Whatever you hacks you have that conflict with this file is most likely your culprit.

Ste

* socialpropositionmoveintest.package (0.62 KB - downloaded 113 times.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 16, 03:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, this is the work of the non-awesome. Some thing about moving in. Destroy it immediately. It is non-awesome!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 16, 15:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had forgotten that I messed with character files.  I caused the fiery explosion by messing with character files in SimPE. I had tried to move out two teens and their three babies and in the process lost the save function.  I re-enabled save and stupid me actually saved even though the move out was not successful.  The two teens and a baby moved out, but the other two were left behind.  When I went back into the lot one teen was still there with two of the babies.  The other teen and baby had disappeared and was not in the bin. 

So my stupid ass went into SimPE and saw that they had been set to default sims and tried to change their info and well, I guess I caused the error with the move in function which then caused the error on every sim I clicked on.

Lesson learned and I will not mess with character settings any more.  Luckily I did a backup prior to making these changes.  I guess the husband and other two babies will have to be MIA. 

Thanks for the replies.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 16, 15:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using TwoJeffs' crystal ball and see if you can get him on the lot for a "date."  Prolly won't bring the babies back tho, but you could try adoption...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 16, 15:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use the simlogical teleporter to get them over, and add them to the family.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 16, 15:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the simlogical shrub, but he was not listed anywhere.  I also tried the summon part of Insim and he was not listed there either.  Huh I thought since he was set as default that he would show up with the other default sims, but I guess I was wrong. 

I had not thought of the adoption thing, thanks. I may try the adoption to see if I can get the two babies back.  What is bad is that she still has all of her flags set with the husband and when I was unable to undo the marriage flag using insim.  I've used that before on other sims and it's worked fine. 

It's not that big of a deal.  I'll just have her find another love and try to set marriage tags for them.

Maybe I'll back up the neighborhood again and try to uncheck her marriage flag.   Shocked

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 16, 17:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] went into SimPE and saw that they had been set to default sims and tried to change their info [...]

I assume you went to the Default Family and removed the afflicted sims, but did you add them to their regular family after that?
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 16, 18:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not very savvy with SimPE so I do not know how to properly do that...obviously.  Cheesy  I tried to correct what I thought was putting them into their properly family and then my game went cattywampus.  I am not sure how to safely do that and now I'm leery about messing with the character files.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: