More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:38:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fluctuating Elder Days Left
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fluctuating Elder Days Left  (Read 2630 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Fluctuating Elder Days Left
« on: 2006 November 15, 09:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, i'm having a problem with my Elders and their Life Bars (Days Remaining) fluctuating around.  It's most noticible when 6 PM rolls around or i leave/return to the lot.  Their days remaining will show as 3 or 4 left then it jumps to 1 or it fills, or the reverse.  I don't have PETs but i have all the updated hacks.  I first started noticing it when i would do the Re-randomizer thingie in preparation for births.  Could doing that too often cause problems?  I have gotten in the habit of doing it before each birth.   I don't have SimPe so i know of no-way of checking for their exact days remaining.
   Is there anyone else who is also seeing wierd stuff with their Elders Life Bars?  Their ages don't fluctuate, just the time remaining.
   My most recent case, is a CAS couple, age of 74, their bars should have filled up when they hit 75, yet at 6 PM, their bars opened up showing 3 or 4 days, then at 8 PM that very same night, the female died of old age on me.  I'm aware there can be times where they can live beyond a full life bar. 
   It's making it difficult to predict when they will pass on, and have the toddlers/children prepared for it.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Fluctuating Elder Days Left
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 15, 09:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is normal. Elders get extra days if in good aspiration, lose days if things go bad. Death by age is not an exact science.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Fluctuating Elder Days Left
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 15, 11:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Jordi, this is normal and has been occurring ever since the base game.  Major events like a spouse dying or a promotion can affect the days left for elders.  If you want to know for sure when your elder will die, you can check the days left in SimPE (should be 0 on the day they will die) or use Inge's days-left shrub, which does the same thing in-game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: