More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 29, 04:25:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Kids won't go to school
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kids won't go to school  (Read 4071 times)
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Kids won't go to school
« on: 2006 November 15, 04:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason every hour on the hour I get an error. It is an error in school data or something like that. I have a lot of hacks but the only one that even remotely has anything to do with school, at least in my eyes, is homeworksometimesfasterfun_v1, the one that twojeffs or fixed a while ago. He says that it's compatible with pets.

This all started happening after I installed pets; the reason that I didn't know it until now is because I was playing my Uni families; they get no error. This happens in every house hold that I have played. Two errors always appear; if I click reset then if the children are at school they appear back at home next to the front door. If I click delete the kids don't need to attend school because there job data thing is blank.

I was looking at the sheet and it said that there was an error in "N001_User00121 - Karen". This sim was not on the lot and I don't know what sim it is; I didn't make her so she must be a townie.

There also is an unrelated(?) error when I try to use the lot debugger to roll the pacifier after it says number of times rolled I get an error on my sim Gwen, who is pregnant if that matters.

The 333 one is the first one if they get messed up.

I used Paladin's hack conflict thing. The only conflict is were-vamp fixes by JMP and Ste's vamp coffin mod. These were ok if I did the loading right and I did. Anyway this probably isn't it because it was the same before Pets with vamp fixes. If this is the work of the non-awesome then it would be a lot of help if you could point be in the right direction.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 16, 03:21:09 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Or I could be totally wrong...
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Kids won't go to school
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 15, 05:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The school one has to be something non-awesome. It's doesn't match anything of mine. Something that affects going to school, when they go to school, something like that.

Second one Pescado will have to look at.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 15, 22:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sub - Process BHAV seems to be from NL - school bus - bring friend dialog hack. At least it is in my personal hacked version. I looked at the code... and I don't see any problems. I am attaching a file which is just the original maxis code from the Pets EP. The error in the 2nd log seems to indicate that you have Pets. Anyways, the file I am attaching is NOT a hack. It is just the regular Maxis code. What you can do is place it in your game, then use the hack conflict detector utility to see what hack you have that conflicts with the file that I attached. This should at least identify what hack you have that is potentially causing the problem (assuming it is not the bring friend dialog hack).

Ste

* subprocesstest.package (1.14 KB - downloaded 126 times.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 16, 03:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update your lot debugger, remove non-awesome hacks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 17, 02:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, it conflicts with zNL - school bus - bring friend dialog.package. I remember now, it must be because I got the modified version of it that, ironically you made, Ste. It was the one that was compatible with nofrat and the kitten killer. It was originally made by twojeffs so it is at least a half awesome hack. Tongue 
I'll get the regular version now and remember next time, if I'm going to get a modified version of something, I have to name it differently. I will also update my lot debuger. Thanks for the help.

Or I could be totally wrong...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 17, 03:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I make a version compatible for the kitten killer? I don't remember that. Lol.

I'll have to check what happens in my game, but I compared your error log to the version I currently have in my game and it didn't seem to match up. I compared it to an older version as well just in case, and I still couldn't figure out why that error would happen.

I'll try and check it again later/tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Ste

ETA: Well whaddya know, I was nice enough to make an InTeen compatible conglomerized version. How strangely and uncharacteristically nice and unlazy of me. lol. Cheesy

If you go back to my original post where I attached those files, there is still a nofrat combo without the kitten killin flava. You can probably try that one and see if it still works. I imagine it should, but you never know. Of course it would be problematic because it contains references to InTeen which obviously is not ZOMGPETZ compatible yet. Once InTeen is compatible again, you probably can put the InTeen version back in. But I'm not absolutely sure. It all depends on whether jase has to update the flavorpak, which of course means someone would have to update the InTeen version of the school bus/nofrat combo. Now who might wanna go and do that? I'm not sure. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 November 17, 03:22:29 by syberspunk » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: