More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:38:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do vampires ever stop wanting to be cured?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do vampires ever stop wanting to be cured?  (Read 6303 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Do vampires ever stop wanting to be cured?
« on: 2006 November 13, 02:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been mentioned on the site, though it probably has been an annoyance to someone who actually wishes to keep their sims as vampires but, I have two vampires (my very first vampires that I've ever actually played, lol) one is a knowledge sim.  He is always afraid to be cured which is fine with me because I'd like to keep him that way.  My other sim, however, is a fortune sim.  You'd think being a fortune sim they wouldnt' mind living in a large castle with all sort of antiquities around them, but Nooooooooo.  This guy is obsessed with being cured so that it takes up his want slots constantly.
Is the game smart enough to, after they've been vampires for a while, let the damn thing rest?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Do vampires ever stop wanting to be cured?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 13, 02:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they eventually get used to it, at least until someone else becomes a vampire. Not so with werewolves. Werewolves become a neighborhood obsession the moment anyone becomes a werewolf and stays that way forever. Everyone who knows that sim or meets that sim will become permanently obsessed with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 13, 02:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and you are going to fix that very soon with...

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 13, 03:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmm, I think I smell a hack brewing.

I'm glad that they finally can overcome their OCD as vampires....

I think I'll be waiting on playing the werewolves until the stew is cooked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 13, 03:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and you are going to fix that very soon with...
It's not believed to be fixable at this time, due to the way wants are triggered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 13, 06:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do you mean they are obsessed with it?  everyone wants to cure them, become one, or kill the werewolf?

should werewolves be able to have pet cats? i mean...  even huskies and malamutes have a regrettable tendency to look upon pet cats as snack food...

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 13, 15:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do you mean they are obsessed with it?  everyone wants to cure them, become one, or kill the werewolf?
Well, everyone wants to either be one, NOT be one, make sure the werewolf STAYS one, or make the werewolf NOT be one. It becomes a rather persistent fixation for anyone he knows.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 13, 20:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds worse than the plague.....
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 14, 00:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee... Now I'm glad, by total coincedence, that I restarted my neighborhood virtually right after experimenting with getting a sim nibbled then promptly cured once I realized werewolves were rather lame. He happened to live with 4 knowledge sims at the time. He himself was a Family sim. I figured it was safest to try it on him since he'd want to be cured. All 4 knowledge sims had two or maybe three wants in some way linked to werewolf stuff, and I assumed they'd eventually vanish.. especially after curing him. You mean to say that 2-3 of their 6 want slots would be filled with that junk till their deaths? Yuck! They obviously weren't thinking about the long-term when they programmed it that way... Of course, that would be assuming it was intentional.  Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 14, 07:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you CURE everyone, and there are no werewolves, the werewolf obsession should eventually die out much like the vampire rage. If someone *STAYS* a werewolf, though, his existence will constantly remind everyone of it. Vampires, on the flipside, don't do this and people will not be endlessly reminded of it, even if the sim stays a vampire. It will only return as a topic again if someone else is bitten or, theoretically, stops being a vampire.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 14, 14:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the Lot Debugger to spin up new wants.  You should eventually get something that's fulfill-able.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 14, 21:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I think this solves the mystery of how my servo got into such aspiration failure while he was in the lot bin. Everyone he knew got werewolfified.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 14, 22:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I think this solves the mystery of how my servo got into such aspiration failure while he was in the lot bin. Everyone he knew got werewolfified.

LOL! werewolfified....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: