More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 06:26:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing floor prices in SimPe
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing floor prices in SimPe  (Read 2679 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Changing floor prices in SimPe
« on: 2006 November 09, 14:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently downloaded a bunch of floors that I quite like, that are--regrettably--all priced at 0. I was referencing the thread from last June where Pioupiou give instructions on how to change prices in SimPe, and I'm a bit confused (yes, I know...so what else is new--new aspiration category: permalost)

To start, I open them and some open with the PJSE: Text Resource Editor and others with the Text Resource Editor with very different displays...why is this happening and does this make an operational difference?

Anyway, here's a representative file (Text Resource Editor version):

0x0 - pavement (10)
0x1 -
0x2 - 0

If I understand the instructions correctly, I am supposed to change 0x2 - 0 to 0x2 - desired price. Is that all I need to do? I'm curious because under

Object XML: pavement (10) CPF Editor there's a line that says cost (dtUInteger) = 0x00000000, one labeled crapscore (dtSingle) = 0 and one called nicenessmultiplier (dtSingle) = 1. Do any of these values need to be changed too?

In PJSE: Text Resource Editor the data is presented in a table, but here is an example from there:

0x0000   pavement (9)
0x0001
0x0002    0

Am I safe in assuming that 0x0002 is the same as 0x2?

Finally, is there any way to sort using 0 price as the search parameter and batch process them?

Thanks, everyone.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Changing floor prices in SimPe
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 09, 15:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0x0002 = 0x02.
Can't help you further, I use the WTF editor to manage floors and walls.

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 09, 15:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, thank you so much! I didn't know the WTF editor let you change prices! That's even easy enough for me to use! ^_^

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 10, 12:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the environment score linked directly to price in some way?  I didn't think it was, but I'd love to be wrong.    If you increase the price does the environment score go up?  This nice program which I have just downloaded (Baaa!) lets you change price, but I don't see anything about environment score.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 10, 19:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is my understanding that the environment scores of both walls and floors are set by the price.  Which is why even lovely custom walls and floors that are free or cheap, tank a rooms environment score.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 20:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - I've been deleting pretty much all the $1 and $2 wallpapers and floors I've downloaded assuming they aren't going to do much for the environment room score.  With this program though we can fix the price easily, so IF price does determine the environment score we are home free! 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: