More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 21:32:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  bugs ive noticed.. any help please?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: bugs ive noticed.. any help please?  (Read 7131 times)
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
bugs ive noticed.. any help please?
« on: 2006 November 10, 21:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had a cat refuse three clean food bowls and go into desperation starvation with a warning message.   just for fun i reported the bug and they send back they've updated the help system, didnt even give me a  link.  i bet they told me the bowls were dirty even though i plainly said they were both clean and full...

okay so we know the glamor life stuff isnt pet enabled.  <shakes head>

i had someone try to get a pet job for youser, my smart sheepdog.  only the human ended up getting the message, and sure enough when i look at employment the human has a job of vermin chaser.  is this normal or do i have too many hacks?  mostly i have this site, merola and simlogical, and so far a few by christianlov and monique

only on the roseland family and i tried this three different ways,  when i went to buy a collar for the dog, i bought the collar.  came home and tried to change appearance but it insists i have no collars.  i was able to buy collars for two OTHER family dogs.  now i redid the roseland thing, i redid the house.  made sure i had a dresser.  bought collars.  got the no collar message at home.  went back to store to buy new collars and it plainly shows me with that dresser symbol i already have collars.  i buy more anyway, go home, and sure enough,  it insists i have no collars.  i even retested this with no hacks at all and STILL the problem.

this is probably too many hacks, but im hoping someone knows which one...  instead of the plumbob now i have the red mask over heads.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: bugs ive noticed.. any help please?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 10, 21:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the collar thing - small dogs and large dogs need different collars...  make sure you bought the right size!
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 10, 21:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at the cats trained behaviors, she/he is probably trained to eat sim food.  If this is the case place a plate of food on the floor or counter and when the cat eats it scold her/him.  If the hunger is dangerously low, I'd wait until it is mostly full before scolding.  Continue to do this until you can click on the bowl and Call to eat...(cat's name).  When the cat eats out of the bowl praise him/her.

Search the forum about the pet job problem.  Others have mentioned it, but I didn't have the problem so I don't know how it was solved.

And only advise I can offer about the collars is to be sure you are using an non-custom floor mirror.  Again you might do a search, I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about them.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 10, 21:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dosen't need to be a floor mirror, I changed a dogs collar using a mirror that is over a bathroom sink in one sims house
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 10, 21:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to make sure that the cats bowl can't be filled i had a pet starving to death because the bowl LOOKED full when it was actually empty other than that i have no idea.

The sims acting like pets is a bug caused by christianlov's puppy and kitten creator item or so i read.

As for the collers make sure you have the right size, if you got the wrong size it's not going to show up.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 22:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the correction, Sleepycat.  I assumed the dog (or cat) needed to be able to look into the mirror. 

Dang it, I didn't need to buy that frakin' floor mirror at all.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 10, 22:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had read something earlier in the week? and commented on the mirror issue.  its just EASIER if its a floor length mirror.  they jocky about for correct position and while occasionally it manages to work in the bathroom mirror, usually they spend three minutes or so moving around.  now it wouldnt be too bad if it failed with a message about no space, the usual one.  but the session just quits with no message at all,  which makes it a bug to me.  i guess i'll have to start the buglist on the BBS again with a big pets section.  it would be nice if we had one here,  i had the bug and then the link to fix if one existed or text for workaround right there.  but i dont know how to do that here.  ive put up requests for people to check my buglist on the BBS and add comments to add any extra knowlege but no one has ever done so.

im going to check the large/small collar thing.  its very odd, even the book didnt mention it.

also the last time my dog destroyed (a whole chair in one minute?) it left a stuck object, is anyone else having this problem?  of course we already have a stuck object remover but i was wondering if this was something i should bitch to maxis about.

check, i'll take out the christianlov baby maker and see what happens with the jobs.

does it irritate anyone else if you are like in personal relationships screen  and you switch to another human, it saves the place in the menu.  but when i switch to a pet it collapses everything and i have to reopen...

Life is tough.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 10, 23:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does it irritate anyone else if you are like in personal relationships screen  and you switch to another human, it saves the place in the menu.  but when i switch to a pet it collapses everything and i have to reopen...

Yeah that's incredibly annoying but it happens since the pet panels are completely different designed.  To be honest i think they woulda been better if they had a wants panel like normal sims but i guess it makes sense since their by default non controllable.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 11, 03:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang it, I didn't need to buy that frakin' floor mirror at all.

Nah, the pets will have fun with it -- they play with their reflections....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 11, 03:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 12, 05:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh thats great to know, i'll have to make sure they have a mirror.

i have most of my problems fixed.  itis actually one of pescado's hacks though causing the pet job problem where the person gets it.  i had all hacks shut off and got it to work.  then i put just pescado's back, and the problem reappeared.  probably ive missed something  thats incompatible with pets.   its going to be a pain figuring it out, i have 65 of his hacks...

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 12, 05:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually fairly simple...  ditch the lot, and get the updated ones from the pets directory.  I'd recommend the director's cut.

Although...  I recall it being mentioned that it's no age discrimination that causes the job thing...  I think!
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 12, 05:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pescado throws a few hacks into the directors cut that i dont want, and there are some old ones i want to keep and at least try to use.  thanks for the clue on noagediscrimiation, but i just checked and its not listed.  maybe i sholuld load the directors cut and just pull out the ones i dont want.

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 12, 06:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the way I do it...  it's really not worth trying to keep old, out-dated hacks in...  if Pescado says they aren't right for the new EP, then they aren't right.  He knows what he's doing.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 12, 06:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you talked me into it.  only...  there is no directors cut link under 'the firing range'. 

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 12, 06:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try here

The links to the director's cut and all hacks are found in the armoury*.

* Yes, I know there's no u in it, but I'm Australian, and I insist on spelling it that way!

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 12, 06:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey thanks for all the help.  im reloaded and ready to rock.

Life is tough.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 12, 17:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

petsp0-jobfixes.zip was updated today.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 12, 18:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Age Discrimination is upgraded to pets compatible. Works in my game. Do make sure you have the new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 13, 06:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have the full directors version loaded now, only removed nospawnstrays and nospawntownies.

you're kind of like the borg.  its easier to give up and be assimilated.

Life is tough.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: