More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 17:55:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing grade on day of age transition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing grade on day of age transition  (Read 2773 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Missing grade on day of age transition
« on: 2006 October 22, 23:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -
I'm playing in a testing hood and Beau (he's the younger one, right?) transitioned from toddler to child at 1pm. I then got a pop-up notice saying that he lost a grade because he missed school that day. I've not had this problem in the past, but I believe this was one of the previous game bugs that was "supposedly" fixed. Any one else have this problem?

The hacks currently in game:
Monique's computers (the updated Pets version)
The new Pets version of Quaxi blur removal
Two Jeffs Perfect Plants

I'm guessing that either it's a game bug or something with Monique's computer.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Missing grade on day of age transition
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 00:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a problemfeature with the way adding a new EP resets everything, not a bug as such.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 23, 01:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -
I'm playing in a testing hood and Beau (he's the younger one, right?) transitioned from toddler to child at 1pm.
Never do this post-NL. With NL cars, the grade-loss ding is applied at 1400 for children, 1200 for teens. If you transition at 1300, your sim will be a child at 1400, not in school, and therefore will be immediately penalized for not going, even though it wasn't possible. Pre-NL, the penalty was applied at 1000, an hour after the school bus left. Same story applies to missing work, but when you get a new job, you get a special "Does not have to work today" bit set. However, no such analogue exists for school, as there are no exceptions for school attendance, sims must always attend or be penalized. Don't transition at odd times, only use the 1800 transition.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 23, 01:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -
I'm playing in a testing hood and Beau (he's the younger one, right?) transitioned from toddler to child at 1pm.
Never do this post-NL. With NL cars, the grade-loss ding is applied at 1400 for children, 1200 for teens. If you transition at 1300, your sim will be a child at 1400, not in school, and therefore will be immediately penalized for not going, even though it wasn't possible. Pre-NL, the penalty was applied at 1000, an hour after the school bus left. Same story applies to missing work, but when you get a new job, you get a special "Does not have to work today" bit set. However, no such analogue exists for school, as there are no exceptions for school attendance, sims must always attend or be penalized. Don't transition at odd times, only use the 1800 transition.

Thanks this is great!  Grin Good info for future reference.

When I play normally I don't transition them early but I got sick of the kid playing in the damn toilet and I'm still adding back my usual hacks and haven't gotten to the one that squashes that.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 23, 01:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats good to know because it happened to me too.  So anywhere after 1400 be OK to transition?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 03:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats good to know because it happened to me too.  So anywhere after 1400 be OK to transition?
If you want to lose a day immediately in 4 hours, sure. If you grow before 1800, you will lose a day of lifespan off your new stage at 1800. If you're already going to wait until 1400, you may as well just wait another 4 hours. I never do the grow-up-early thing anymore because it messes with timesync.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: