More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 09:36:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two stange things with my version of NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two stange things with my version of NL  (Read 3555 times)
nothingbutsims
Two stange things with my version of NL
« on: 2005 September 15, 21:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If my Sims are standing still, they will suddenly slide across the floor about 1/8 of an inch - drives me crazy.  Also, whenever I go downtown, all the downtown NPC's just stand there doing nothing, as if free will is turned off, but it's not.  You can approach them and talk with them and then they will "come alive".  Anyone else have either of these problems?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Two stange things with my version of NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 15, 22:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you by any chance running the Less whiny hack? If so, yank it out as it causes poblems with sims losing their autonomy.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 16, 01:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, it seems like there are some hacks in your game. disable the custom content in the initial screen, then test it again
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 16, 05:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom would attest to this as he has come into our chat and we asked him about the very same thing:

[19:43] <daysies> and one sim like jumped one square or so
[19:43] <LyricLee> i mean not a huge deal and not a big impact on game play, but the animations skip like you said
[19:43] <daysies> yes, it's more like "skipping"
[19:44] <MaxoidTom> we added some optimizations so that sims that are not "on screen" do not animate all the time or do things.  however, if there is a global hack interfering with that, then that could cause problems.

this particular thing happened while i was at the 50's diner.  there were so many sims there but i had only 2 playable ones and zero hacks (as i started over with Nightlife).  my 2 sims were dancing The Smustle (and their motives were locked using the motivedecay off cheat).  when i was observing around the room, that's when i noticed some sims were kind of "skipping" and some were just standing there.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 16, 11:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did end up removing all hacks  Embarrassed just to get the game to play correctly because my Sim couldn't even talk to another sim on the phone without the game locking up.  So now I have to listen to my Sims whine again?  Good heavens!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 17, 02:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm afraid so. It seems like ever time a new episode comes out we get to be reminded about every single 'feature' of the game that absolutely drives us up the wall. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: