More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 03:11:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ssssh! The eerie phantom sound...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ssssh! The eerie phantom sound...  (Read 3243 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Ssssh! The eerie phantom sound...
« on: 2006 October 06, 19:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm I enter a lot and hear the incredibly irritating noise of some sim playing SSX whatever-it-is. Fine I go to get the Sim to quit and surprise! everyone is asleep.
Rolls eyes at these random sound glitches because I've come across them before and the usual cure is to quit then re-enter the lot. So I do that.
At first there is blessed quiet. Then at 4AM the game noise kicks up again. All Sims sleeping. The horrible racket stops after a while.
Seems to have stopped, just to be certain I get the Sims to turn off all the computers.
All seems well the parents go to work and the teens to school. Then the noise kicks up again and carries on for hours. Thoroughly fed up I exit the lot again.....But nothing doing I STILL have this computer game noise.
HELP!!

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Ssssh! The eerie phantom sound...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 06, 19:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this too, in one house only - I've tried using the burninator in the hopes that I can nuke the sound emitter but I haven't been able to find it. :\
Anne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 06, 19:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this too - in a few different houses. I couldn't get it to stop, either, and even though it is really irritating, I just try to ignore it.

(Although if someone knows how to fix it, I'd love to get rid of it!)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 07, 10:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the sound of the base guitar stuck on a lot once.  The horrible screeching sound the base makes when a sim stops playing and puts it away.
I burninated half the house without managing to get rid of it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 07, 13:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem with drums few times. Almost made me insane. Although I think it went away when I sold the drums but I'm not 100% sure about that. It was quite some time ago.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 07, 14:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try switching between Stereo and 4 speaker mode. I got rid of a stuck sound loop that way (happened a couple of days ago, that's why I still remember the solution!).

Let the Beast inside you free!
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 07, 18:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen in a house, but it was my fault. I had move objects on and I was rearranging furniture. The sim of the house had already turned on the computer and started playing when I deleted it. The computer was gone, but the sound stayed and would randomly turn on at different times. I finally just moved the sim to a different house.

As a note, this happened in one of the houses I downloaded from the Awesome contest. Not sure whose, but it had the hot tub behind the garage and a loft area above the garage which was a separate building.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 07, 18:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had phantom  music, other than the one you occasionally get when the game resets and a cheap stereo is playing when you enter a lot, even though it's off.  But I have had phantom car and garage noises.  The car problem turned out to be a bad custom car, which I ended up deleting from the game.  Never was able to fix a phantom garage door noise without knocking down the entire garage and removing the driveway extension below it, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: