More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 09:43:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Reinstall Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reinstall Question  (Read 3268 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Reinstall Question
« on: 2005 September 15, 10:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am reinstalling my game as I am tired of my families and would like to start from scratch bar my Downloads folder and Savedsims folder for genetics.

Do I need to install the 'patch' again after I install the Sims2 or can I just do Sims2 then Uni and leave it at that?

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Reinstall Question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 15, 11:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd go straight for Uni, the patch always seems to cause problems for me after Uni goes in.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 15, 11:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd go straight for Uni, the patch always seems to cause problems for me after Uni goes in.

I second that.  Installing the patch before installing Uni caused quite a few problems for some people.  I haven't seen it personally but it is better to be safe Wink

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 15, 12:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere (the EA tech support, I think) that you shouldn't re-use the patch if you downloaded it sometime ago, but to download a fresh one from the official website. Just thought to mention this, in case for some reason the game won't install without patching first. I had trouble re-installing after patching first too, then skipped the patching and just reinstalled Uni.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 15, 12:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting you should say that.  MTS2 back in March had a post which said you needed to install both patches otherwise the install would fail.  If I remember rightly, the second patch release seemed to be the same as the first but with some Asia specific fixes however these days only one patch is available for download Smiley

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 15, 12:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read about not to re-use the patch around the time of my last reinstallation, which was about half a year ago. Better to be safe than sorry about downloading the patch afresh, as I'm pretty much just an end-user. In the end, I didn't use the patch I had re-downloaded but reinstalled both right after one another Undecided.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: