More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 22:46:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Try for Baby weirdness.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Try for Baby weirdness.  (Read 4010 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Try for Baby weirdness.
« on: 2006 September 03, 05:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This started happening a few days ago.  But it only happens in newly made neighborhoods.

For some reason my adult sims don't have the option to Try for Baby.  But my Young Adult sims in Uni do have this option.  Its as if the game is confused and thinks the adults are elders and the young adults are adults.

I can't recall downloading anything new lately that might be causing this.  And I don't have Inteen installed.  I did just install Glamour Life earlier today.  But this problem has been happening for a few days now like I said.  And is still happening after I installed GL.  I also ran the game all day with testingcheats on and didn't get any error messeges.

I even went through SimPE to see if the game had marked any of the adults as elders.  But all seemed normal.

I'm about to go and move my downloads folder to the desktop and start the game to see if its still happening.  If that fixes things then there's some 'splainin to do!  Because all of my hacks are of the Awesome trademark.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: Try for Baby weirdness.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 03, 06:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took the Downloads folder out.  All returned to normal.  YA's didn't have the option to Try for Baby.  And the adults did.

When I put the Downloads folder bad in again the same thing happened.  YA's had the option to Try for Baby again.  The adults I tested were the Tinkers.  They had the option to Try for Baby too.  I don't know if they're affected by this or not since they're premades.  And I don't have any recently made CAS adults to try at the moment, so I guess I should go and do that now...  :/

Also got to remember what I downloaded recently.  All I can remember for now are those hat stands for the Thinking Cap and Noodlesoother in the Playsets & Toys fourm.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 03, 07:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anything that even touches baby-trying or woohoo, so it's probably something weird. Try filtering by creator?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 03, 07:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, further testing.  Bear with me people...

I have subfolders in my Downloads folder seperated by mod creator.  (Crammyboy, Pescado, Two Jeffs, etc.)  So I started putting each folder in seperately trying to narrow down the cause.

And its something in the Two Jeffs folder.

The only thing I've done to this folder recently is edit the Visitor Controler in SimPE to allow Ms. Crumplebottom to show up on community lots by default.  Here's a complete list of the hacks in that folder if anyone wants to help me narrow this down.  And they're all up to date as far as I know.

Abductions - Higher Odds
Age Duration Hack
Age Transition Fixes
Baby Wants Fix
Busker tipping hack
Cheesecake Twins Fix - 50%
Chinese & Coffee Sit Down fix Ver 1.1
collegeadjuster
Complain Social Fix
CustomPaintingFrame
CustomPaintingFrame_cherry
CustomPaintingFrame_darkbrown
CustomPaintingFrame_lightbrown
CustomPaintingFrame_silver
Dance Sphere In Use Fix
Death By Satellite - Higher Odds
Energy Static Sculpture Ver 1.1
Find a Mate Crystal Ball
Food Already Available Fix
Ghost Hack - OFB Version 1_1a
Go Steady Critical Fix
NL - Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix
NL - Congrats Fix
NL - Low Food Warning - Ignore Mini
NL - No Autonomous Hang Out
NL - No Autonomous Napping
NL - No Personal Electronics Wants
NL - Noogies No Autonomy
NL - school bus - bring friend dialog
NL - Students Move Away From the Portal
NL - Teasing Fix
NL Handheld&MP3NoAutonomy
NL No Indoors Kicky Bag
NL No Instrument Want Spam
No Dancing In Silence
No Finals at Night
No Plant Want Spam
No Resurrect Want Spam
No Sports Praty Wants
No Whining at Missing Objects
OFB - Havechildnotadopt
OFB - No Dorm Car Want Spam
OFB - Object Min Cost Want Hack
OFB - Same Sex Marriage Ver 1.3
OFB - YoungAdult&LazyAnimFix
PaintingsStayViewable
Perfect Plants
Plastic Surgery for Teens
Reduced Play in Bathtub
Stinky Dormie Fix
Teddy Bear No Talk Through
TeleprompterNoAutoplay
Toddler Toy Death Fix
ToddlerPlaywithToiletsfix
Triplets&quadsmod_v2_6
Visitor Controller - Community
Visitor Controller
Visitor Snacking Fix
wind_cowhead_interactive
wind_cowheadbrown
zTwojeffs_Preg For All Genders

The one thing I do know is that every time I take this folder out and start the game up my sims reset.  But when I put the folder back they're back to what they were doing before the reset, like nothing ever happened.

And before I forget I have the base game and all of the expansions.  Including FFS and now GLS.  And all of the Maxis patches are installed.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 03, 08:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Odd. Well, I made a Hide Try for Baby Options hack over on MTS2. I don't recall if I uploaded that here too. I don't think I did tho. But I thought that it should also disable it for everyone regardless of sim age.

If you've definitively narrowed it down to your twojeffs folder, in that list of hacks, the only thing that I think could possibly affect try for baby is the preg 4 all genders hack. I have most (but not all) of those hacks that you've listed. I also do not have the preg4all hack in my main game, but I do have it in my legacy game, which I haven't played in ages.

Ste

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 03, 08:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've definitively narrowed it down to your twojeffs folder, in that list of hacks, the only thing that I think could possibly affect try for baby is the preg 4 all genders hack.

We have a winner.  It turns out that was the culprit after all.

And ever observant me just noticed a few people reporting the same problem in the thread for that mod in TJ's section.   Embarrassed

I even went and redownloaded it and swaped it in and out a few times.  Its still giving my YA's the Try for Baby option and robbing the adults of it.  Guess I should head over and report.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: