More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 17:43:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Secret Society Generating Errors on Uni Community Lot Load
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Secret Society Generating Errors on Uni Community Lot Load  (Read 6806 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Secret Society Generating Errors on Uni Community Lot Load
« on: 2006 August 31, 18:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely go to community lots on campus, but now when I do I am getting errors about the secret society whilte trying to load the community lot.

I kept hitting reset, but the error kept coming back. Finally I hit delete and the community lot loaded (It was the gym at Acadamie Le Tour).

Could it be because I'm using no 'SS spawn', but I fail to have any SS members that I know of? (I deleted characters at neighborhood creation).

Or is it possible 'No Comm Lot Food Serve', which is the only new mod I've added which concerns community lots, causing a problem?

Or something totally different?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Secret Society Generating Errors on Uni Community Lot Load
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 31, 19:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I may be wrong, but I think the SS Respawn just keeps the game from puking out new members. If I remember TFM right, it's supposed to make a dormie a SS member if there are none currently.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 31, 19:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even KNOW what error THAT corresponds to. Something non-awesome, perhaps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 01, 00:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Initial inspection of the log also does not reveal anything that I'm familiar with. At least nothing that I created... for once. Heh. Tongue I'd check for any other Secret Society hacks that you might have. It's something that mods the secret society controller. I thought it could be related to my sslot fixes, but neither of them contain BHAV 0x1015.

I took a closer look. It could also be something that modifies BHAV 0x1030 'Sub - Find NonInstance Secret Member in Temp 0 (no args)'

Upon further inspection, It looks like the nossrespawn does modify this BHAV. Hrm... I'm looking at the original code, and I don't think it is supposed to return False. Apparently, it should always return true, that's why you are getting an undefined transition. It seems like the call to 'Get in T[0] - Make New Secret Townie' is returning false. But in the original code, the false target return value is normally an error. That BHAV 0x1033 also normally does not return false, only error.

So... either those bhavs should be changed so both the true and false targets return true. Or the Main controller for the secret society should properly handle a false value that's returned.

Ste

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 01, 01:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any hacks related to secret society except for the 'no SS spawn'. The only NEW mod I have added lately is 'No 20K Handout', and that doesn't have anything to do with SS as far as I know. The only new comm lot mods I've added, were those listed above.

Since I have no SS members in my game, shouldn't some have been created when I went to the uni comm lot? I thought that might be why I was getting an error. I haven't seen any SS members on the uni comm lots yet.

I don't suppose using the college adjuster to make one of my sims a SS member and try going to the SS lot itself would help? Probably just generate more errors or crash the game.

I'm also having various random errors on community lots, but they aren't consistent so I don't know what is causing them. Sometimes there are problems with sims exiting dining booths, other times with scoping room, and still other times with conversations.  Most of them have "No stack object present when required" in the error log, but none of the errors have been identical or repeat themselves.

I have very few non-awesome mods, and all the one I use have been in the game a long time without generating errors. And none of the non-awesome ones have anything to do with comm lots.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 01, 01:26:41 by magicmoon » Logged

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 01, 01:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... according to my humble analysis... heh, it's actually a bug in the nossrespawn hack. Tongue You could fix it yourself with SimPE, in the sense that you won't get the 'undefined transition' error. In the BHAVs that I mentioned, just turn anything that returns False to return True. However... I'm not sure if this would really 'fix' the issue as a whole. Basically it would mean that the creation of the sslot member would fail silently and I'm not sure if the game should do something else instead. On the other hand, you can just wait for Pescado to update the hack. In either case, it seems to be definitely related to nossrespawn.

Since I have no SS members in my game, shouldn't some have been created when I went to the uni comm lot? I thought that might be why I was getting an error. I haven't seen any SS members on the uni comm lots yet.

I don't suppose using the college adjuster to make one of my sims a SS member and try going to the SS lot itself would help? Probably just generate more errors or crash the game.

It wouldn't hurt to do this... but it would just be more of a work around rather than an actual solution. If your sslot member dies or what not, you might get the error again when the game tries to create another sslot member and fails for whatever reason. The problem seems to be that, the game is failing at creating a new sslot member, due to nossrespawn. I didn't really analyze the actual logic of the code, only traced through to see what could be causing the error.

I'm also having various random errors on community lots, but they aren't consistent so I don't know what is causing them. Sometimes there are problems with sims exiting dining booths, other times with scoping room, and still other times with conversations.  Most of them have "No stack object present when required" in the error log, but none of the errors have been identical or repeat themselves.

Hrm. Well, if you ever get random errors, I would check to see if you can reproduce them without hacks. If so, then they are definitely problems with Maxian code. However... on the other hand, just because you can't immediately reproduce an error doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If you are getting problems period, it is either Maxian in nature or hack related. I would post your error logs so the modders can analyze them and maybe determine what the source could be. There can be many 'edge cases' that Maxis may not have thought about, which results in 'rare' jump bugs that people might not observe in short term play, but eventually become revealed after long term play, which it is quite painfully apparent that Maxis does not take time to consider. Tongue

On the flip side, it could also just be a simple modder mistake, like not declaring a param or local properly. This can be a newbie mistake, but it can also happen to the more experienced modders. I know, I have a tendency to take things for granted sometimes, and in my haste to test and post something, I might forget to set things properly. Tongue

Ste

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 01, 03:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the problem is because it is not spawning SS members when it should, should I run the game once without the mod to spawn a few? Will it spawn some as soon as I enter the Uni neighborhood if I do that? Then I could rerun the game with the mod in place after a few SS members already exist.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 01, 03:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could help. I don't remember when I placed the hack in my game and/or if I already had ss members before I did so. But again, I'm not sure what would happen should you deplete your supply of  ss members. I'm not sure what would cause the creation to fail, but if your game needs to generate members again, for whatever reason, and it fails, for whatever reason, then you will most likely get that same error.

So generating ss members, by whatever method, will solve the problem in the short term, as long as you have nossrespawn in your game. But should your game be depleted of ss members, it may open up the possibility of generating errors again. This type of error is 'harmless' in the sense that it shouldn't cause major problems or corruption in your game. It just seems that, whenever the game fails to generate an ss member, you may get that pop up/error message. Offhand, I don't know the details of the conditions that would result in the failure of generating an ss member. I could probably study the code further, but I'm lazy right now. Tongue It really is something that Pescado should take a look at, unless he feels this is by design and I am just talking out of my ass, which could very likely be a possibility. Grin

Ste

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 01, 03:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much. I sure appreciate your help and expertise.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 01, 06:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the error is related and nossrespawn should already keep a bare minimum number of members, generating them if absolutely necessary, but not doing it just for the heck of doing it. For this case to arise, your neighborhood would have to be devoid of living dormies, since as an alternative to generating a new sim for the SS, it will induct a dormie and pick him instead. I'll take a look at why it's doing that, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 01, 07:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neighborhood is devoid of living dormies.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 01, 08:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just taking a look:

###
# Group = 0x7F175BF9, Instance = 0x1033
# Title = Get in T[0] - Make New Secret Townie
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 1, Locals = 7
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF8009 (-32759)

0: Local 2 := Stack Object; true: 1, false: 1
     1: Stack Object := 0; true: 2, false: 2
     2: Temp 0 := Const 0x13A(Reserved Family IDs):0x1; true: 3, false: 3
     3: Set to Next: Neighbor of Family in temp0; true: 4, false: A
     4: Death - Is Sim Dead? (NID)(Stack Object); true: 2, false: 5
     5: neighbor in stack object person instance id (0x0) <= 0; true: 6, false: 2
     6: neighbor's person data kEP1 - Young Adult( 0=no, 1=yes ) (0xAF) != 0; true: 7, false: 2
     7: College - Is NID in Secret Society?(Stack Object); true: 2, false: 8
     8: neighbor's person data family number (0x3D) == Const 0x13A(Reserved Family IDs):0x1; true: 9, false: 2
     9: College - Add to Secret Society(Stack Object); true: 1A, false: 2
     A: Stack Object := Local 2; true: B, false: B
     B: Param 0 <= 0; true: C, false: false <- returning false here
     C: Local 2 := Const 0x104(Person Types):0x12; true: D, false: D
     D: Local 4 := Const 0x104(Person Types):0x6; true: E, false: E
     E: Local 3 := Const 0x104(Person Types):0x6; true: F, false: F
     F: Local 6 := Const 0x104(Person Types):0x13; true: 10, false: 10
    10: Array Operation: My Object Array: [STR# 0x118:0x0]. Operation: Clear contents of array.; true: 11, false: 11
    11: Stack Object := Me; true: 12, false: 12
    12: Make New Character: age in Local 2, gender in Local 4, skin color in Local 3, Getting character from Bin; true: 13, false: false <- returning false here
    13: My Object Array Iterator Index 0 := 0; true: 14, false: 14
    14: Local 5 := My Object Array Iterator Data 0; true: 15, false: 15
    15: Stack Object := Local 5; true: 16, false: 16
    16: Temp 0 := Const 0x13A(Reserved Family IDs):0x1; true: 17, false: 17
    17: Generic Sims Call: add to family Stack Obj:nID, Temp 0:familyID; true: 18, false: 18
    18: neighbor's person data kEP1 - Young Adult( 0=no, 1=yes ) (0xAF) := 1; true: 19, false: 19
    19: College - Add to Secret Society(Local 5); true: 1A, false: false <- returning false here
    1A: Temp 0 := Stack Object; true: true, false: true

This is called by the BHAV:

###
# Group = 0x7F175BF9, Instance = 0x1030
# Title = Sub - Find NonInstance Secret Member in Temp 0
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 1, Locals = 6
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 4, Tree version = FFFF800B (-32757)

0: Local 0 := 0; true: 1, false: 1
     1: Local 1 := 0; true: 2, false: 2
     2: Stack Object := 0; true: 3, false: 3
     3: Temp 0 := Const 0x13A(Reserved Family IDs):0x1; true: 4, false: 4
     4: Set to Next: Neighbor of Family in temp0; true: 5, false: 11
     5: Death - Is Sim Dead? (NID)(Stack Object); true: E, false: 6
     6: neighbor in stack object person instance id (0x0) > 0; true: E, false: 7
     7: neighbor's person data kEP1 - Young Adult( 0=no, 1=yes ) (0xAF) == 0; true: E, false: 8
     8: neighbor's person data family number (0x3D) == Const 0x13A(Reserved Family IDs):0x1; true: 9, false: E
     9: College - Is NID in Secret Society?(Stack Object); true: A, false: E
     A: Temp 0 := random from 0 to < 26543 (0x67AF); true: B, false: B
     B: Temp 0 mod= 101 (0x65); true: C, false: C
     C: Temp 0 > 70 (0x46); true: D, false: E
     D: Temp 0 := Stack Object; true: true, false: true
     E: Local 0 ++ and < 50 (0x32); true: 3, false: F
     F: Idle(1); true: 10, false: 10
    10: Local 0 := 0; true: 3, false: 3
    11: Local 1 ++ and < 5; true: 2, false: 12
    12: .Get in T[0] - Make New Secret Townie(Param 0); true: true, false: false <- returning false here

This is further called by the BHAV shown in the error log:

###########################
# Group = 0x7F175BF9

###
# Group = 0x7F175BF9, Instance = 0x1015
# Title = Function - Main - Secret Society
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 0, Locals = 4
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 2, Tree version = FFFF8016 (-32746)

0: Idle(3); true: 18, false: error
     1: Stack Object := 0; true: 2, false: error
     2: Set to Next: object of type GUID 0x81E6BEF9 (0x7F19EC55: Portal - Pedestrian); true: 3, false: 4
     3: Local 0 := Stack Object; true: 2A, false: error
     4: Break Point: ; true: true, false: error
     5: Remove Object Instance: Me; true: 6, false: 6
     6: Idle(150 (0x96)); true: 5, false: error
     7: Lot - Is College Lot? - EP1; true: 1E, false: 5
     8: Idle(900 (0x384)); true: 40, false: error
     9: Local 1 := 0; true: 8, false: error
     A: Lot - Is Liveable?; true: 19, false: 5
     B: Idle(60 (0x3C)); true: 14, false: error
     C: Stack Object := 0; true: 13, false: error
     D: Set to Next: person; true: 12, false: 1D
     E: Selectable: Is Sim Selectable?(Stack Object); true: F, false: 13
     F: College - Is NID in Secret Society?(stack obj's person data neighbor id (0x1F)); true: 13, false: 10
    10: .0x1016(stack obj's person data neighbor id (0x1F), Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: 11, false: error
    11: Temp 0 >= Const 0x1001:0x2; true: 17, false: 13
    12: Stack Object's room (0x1D) >= 0; true: E, false: 13
    13: Idle(1); true: D, false: error
    14: Global(Hour) >= Const 0x1001:0x3; true: C, false: 15
    15: Global(Hour) <= Const 0x1001:0x4; true: C, false: B
    16: Local 2 := Me; true: 7, false: error
    17: Push Interaction: #0x4 of Local 2 onto the stack object's queue, maximum priority, use icon from Local 3, Icon Index is 0x1, use name; true: 1A, false: 13
    18: Local 3 := 0; true: 16, false: error
    19: Local 1 := 9; true: 1B, false: error
    1A: Local 1 := 12; true: 1B, false: error
    1B: Local 1 -- and > 0; true: 1C, false: B
    1C: Idle(1800 (0x708)); true: 1B, false: error
    1D: Local 1 := 12; true: 1B, false: error
    1E: Lot - Is Secret Society? - EP1; true: 31, false: 22
    1F: Stack Object := 0; true: 20, false: error
    20: Set to Next: person; true: 21, false: 23
    21: Manage Inventory: Access the Neighbor Counted Inventory from ID stack obj's person data neighbor id (0x1F). with category 0 GUID 0x8EAE367E (0x7FCDF5C2: Token - College - Secret Society). Find the token. Put count into Temp 1.; true: 24, false: 20
    22: My simulate on pause (0x3C) := 0; true: 36, false: error
    23: My simulate on pause (0x3C) := 0; true: 9, false: error
    24: Manage Inventory: Access the Neighbor Counted Inventory from ID stack obj's person data neighbor id (0x1F). with category 0 GUID 0x8EAE367E (0x7FCDF5C2: Token - College - Secret Society). Remove all tokens from token at index fromTemp 0.; true: 26, false: 26
    25: Push Interaction: #0x5 of Local 2 onto the stack object's queue, maximum priority, Icon Index is 0x1; true: 2B, false: 23
    26: My Attribute 0x5 := Stack Object; true: 25, false: error
    27: My simulate on pause (0x3C) := 0; true: 1F, false: error
    28: Curtain - Hold; true: 2F, false: error
    29: Curtain - Ready; true: 27, false: error
    2A: .0x101D(1, 0, 0, 0); true: 46, false: error
    2B: Stack Object := 0; true: 2C, false: error
    2C: Set to Next: person; true: 2D, false: 23
    2D: Stack Object == My Attribute 0x5; true: 2C, false: 2E
    2E: Push Interaction: #0x6 of Local 2 onto the stack object's queue, maximum priority, Icon Index is 0x1; true: 2C, false: 2C
    2F: Stack Object := 0; true: 30, false: error
    30: Set to Next: person (0x7F19EC55: Portal - Pedestrian); true: 35, false: 32
    31: Local 1 := 0; true: 28, false: error
    32: Local 1 ++ and < 50 (0x32); true: 33, false: 34
    33: Idle(1); true: 2F, false: error
    34: Curtain - Ready; true: 5, false: error
    35: stack obj's person data family number (0x3D) == Global(Current Family); true: 1, false: 30
    36: Lot - Is Community?; true: 43, false: A
    37: .0x102F; true: 38, false: 3A
    38: Idle(60 (0x3C)); true: 37, false: error
    39: Idle(60 (0x3C)); true: 39, false: error
    3A: .Sub - Find NonInstance Secret Member in Temp 0; true: 3C, false: error <- returns an error if false...  Undecided
    3B: Create New Object Instance: neighbor in stack obj, place out of world (put new object id in stack object); true: 3F, false: 3D
    3C: Stack Object := Temp 0; true: 42, false: error
    3D: Idle(60 (0x3C)); true: 37, false: error
    3E: .0x101E(Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: 37, false: error
    3F: Find Location For: Stack Object relative to Local 0, facing N NE E SE S SW W NW, prefer empty; true: 3E, false: 3D
    40: .0x101D(0, 0, 0, 0); true: 8, false: error
    41: Generic Sims Call: Preload Visitor Temp 0:nID; true: 3B, false: error
    42: Temp 1 := 300 (0x12C); true: 41, false: error
    43: Global(Lot Entry Method) == 0; true: 5, false: 44
    44: Get in Temp 0 - ID - Random Portal; true: 45, false: 39
    45: Local 0 := Temp 0; true: 3A, false: error
    46: .0x103A; true: 29, false: error

So... if I understand it correctly, then BHAV 0x1030 'Sub - Find NonInstance Secret Member in Temp 0' really shouldn't return false. Either it should be changed to return true, or line 3A in 'Function - Main - Secret Society' should be changed to return 3C? But since you probably don't want to bloat the package with another BHAV, I think it makes more sense to make whatever changes are necessary to BHAV 0x1030 and/or 0x1033. I looked at the Maxian code, and they didn't return false before. If you purposefully want those to return false because they actually failed at creating a new ss member, for whatever reason... then you probably have to handle that case eitehr inside 0x1030 or in 0x1015.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: