More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 18:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  please make them stop
0 Members and 33 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: please make them stop  (Read 12061 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
please make them stop
« on: 2006 August 07, 19:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims are cleaning the da_ _  plates again, since I had to unistall Inge "no plate clearing hack"  Do you have anything here that will replace it, that will work with NL and OFB?

I hate OFB,  I just got it about a week ago and I wish I had my 30 dollars and they had a feather you know where , then we would both be tickled.   Angry

sorry about the rant but I had my game perfect before OFB and now everything is messed up.  I am getting weird animations again,  this lady in the hot tub was giving this man a massage only he was turned around not facing her with his arms stuck out behind him.   I wonder if I will ever get this ep working right.   Huh
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
Re: please make them stop
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 07, 20:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about here, but Squinge has one over at the InSIMenator.net

happy now :-)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 07, 20:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes but it will not work on downtown nightlife lots.   I already tried it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 07, 21:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't work for me either, so I took it out.  I'm currently being driven mad by the same thing.  What gets me is, Sims with little or no Neatness are falling over themselves to clean these pots, when they never do it at home because of the slobs mod.  Quite why they feel the need to do it when they're out is anybody's guess.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 07, 22:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks ancient sim,  at least I am not the only one with the problem.   Maybe if more people get it someone will make a fix.   I sure miss Inge, she would have it fixed by now.   Wink

I tried to explain to Squinge in a post that it was not working on the NL lots and some smart-ass answered my post and said I shouldn't have downloaded it if I didn't have OFB and it was not Squinge's fault.   I replied "I am not a complete idiot, but I have all the ep's and it don' t work.

when I put it in and went downtown,  there were plates everywhere, even the waitress would not clean any plates after the people got finished eating.   So my sim lady had to sit down and order something and then when her order came, the dirty plate disappeared.   This is the funny part,  the man she was dining wiith he disappeared completely off the lot but she still had to order him something so that she could eat.  Then when she got in her car to leave, she would not leave because she was waiting for him, so I had to exit without saving to get her home.    Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 07, 22:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anything for plate-cleaning or otherwise, but I've never observed this problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 07, 22:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a dorm a lot recently testing and this has been driving me INSANE. But, I haven't had the time (or taken it actually Wink) to fix it. Perhaps I'll do that though.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 07, 23:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I'm surprised to hear that you let your sims out into the neighborhood :D

Yeah, that's driving me batty too. Why would you go to a restaurant/grill/etc., and then proceed to clean the plates off.

TJ, if you fix that, I'll be forever grateful, and by the looks of it, I'll not be the only one.

* veilchen still loves TJ's avatar :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 08, 00:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any of the community lot visitors trying to clean the plates. What exactly are you doing that causes them to spontaneously start?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 08, 08:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Inges 'no plate clearing on community lots' hack too, quite simply because my sims couldn't clean up dirty plates on the university secret society lot, nor influence others to do it Angry

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 08, 08:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Inges 'no plate clearing on community lots' hack too, quite simply because my sims couldn't clean up dirty plates on the university secret society lot, nor influence others to do it Angry
Meh. I suppose I could look at it and do a more selective update.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 08, 12:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also prevents Sims from cleaning up on owned community lots.

I don't have Sims clearing their own plates every time I go to a restaurant, but I have seen it more than once Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 08, 13:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the SS problem with Inge's mod, too, I'd forgotten about that.  I think the main reason they start cleaning them is because they're bored - I remember a vampire I was controlling was so bored she spent the entire night cleaning everyone's pots, although that was before I installed Monique's mod that lets the vampires fun & social go down. 

Quite often when I'm on community lots I bump the fun & social of my playable(s) down, sometimes that stops them messing about with pots.  I think the main reason they do it is because they're maxed-out on fun & social and there's nothing else immediately to hand.  Trouble is, they get in the way of the staff and get into strops because they can't reach the sink - that's why it's such a pain. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 08, 15:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the problem at restaraunts, but on community lots where someone grilled something. First they had to serve EVERYONE. Then they had to trek to the dinky sink in the bathroom for each plate after everyone ate.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 08, 18:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mine clean up plates on the downtown lots especially if they are high in neat points.  Vicund would get out the car and go in and start clearing plates and washing dishes.  A lot of mine if I would cancell there eating because they were taking too long eating, they would clean up their plates even if I had something else queche up for them to do.   You, know when they are on a date, they only have so long and here they are cleaning them plates and the message pops up "time is running out"    Roll Eyes

whoever can fix this a big thanks to you JM or TJ.    Kiss

in the meantime I have put back in the Inge hack and am not playing the business part of the game until I get a fix.  I was going to uninstall it but then I would have to put all the old NL hacks back in and I am not going thru that again.   Cry
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 08, 22:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, mine clean them up everywhere too. I took Inge's mod out, because I play some businesses. So now my poor pixel people can't go to restaurants/grill-places on their dates anymore. I've gotten into the habit of having them have their dates at home. At least I have a little more control over things there.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 09, 06:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dates at home are much better IMO Wink I use Downtown for outings, or for scanning for the perfect mate for my sim.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 09, 16:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lynnmarr Squinge made an alternate version of his mod so sims will clean plates at home but not on community lots.  I am personally using this version and it works fine.  The server do clean the plates on community if they are not too busy serving sims food, I had that problem of servers not cleaning plates before I had that mod in if they were just too many sims to serve because they we're all lining up at the podium, they simply did not had time to clean the plates, this can happen on lost like The Crypt because there are many tables to serve all in different areas on the lot.  Maybe you tried the wrong version.  Huh

You could also use JM new restaurant fix mod along with it, it does wonder.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 09, 16:25:04 by MissDoh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 09, 16:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, in that case, nevermind, someone did it already.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 09, 16:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but it's all... Squingey.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 09, 16:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the problem at restaraunts, but on community lots where someone grilled something. First they had to serve EVERYONE. Then they had to trek to the dinky sink in the bathroom for each plate after everyone ate.

Crammyboy made a mod so sims won't serve every dish when they make a bbq on community lots.  It works fine with OFB.

EDIT:  I have Crammyboy, Jm and Squinge mod together and my sims are no longer serving BBQ plates on community lots or attempt to clean dirty plates on any community lots, and bonus they do not line-up like crazy thanks to JM mod.  These 3 mods are a nice combination together and do not conflict in any way together.

« Last Edit: 2006 August 09, 16:41:55 by MissDoh » Logged
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 09, 16:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay I will try it again along with JM's and see if that works.   thanks Miss Doh  Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 09, 16:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay I will try it again along with JM's and see if that works.   thanks Miss Doh  Smiley

Make sure to try the one with alt in the name, it is the newest he made.  You could also add Crammyboy mod I just suggested above. Smiley  Here is the link to Crammyboy mod:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1494.0.html
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 10, 18:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did and it works.   Yeah!!!!  thanks again.   Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 11, 05:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really glad to hear it is working fine now Smiley  Another annoyance gone for you.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: