More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:39:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Relationships Resetting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Relationships Resetting  (Read 4502 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Relationships Resetting
« on: 2006 July 23, 04:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back when I created my neighborhood, I created a family with two adults and one teenager. I wanted them all to be siblings, so I went into SimPE and changed their relationships so the teenager showed as a brother to the two adults. Everything showed up fine in the game as far as I knew.

Recently, though, the son of the teenager and the daughter of one of his sisters are attending college together. I noticed at some point that the two who should be cousins are not showing up as related at all. Poking into the family tree, I found out that one of the sisters had 'reset' to being the original teenager's mom, and the other sister isn't related. D'oh.

My question is this: Is it worth going back into SimPE and fixing this back to what I originally wanted? And if I do, do I have to change everyone who was affected to show relationship status? When I originally made the neighborhood, there were no connections outside the individual families, but now everyone's married with children. There are at least six kids who will have this family relationship not showing up right now.

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Re: Relationships Resetting
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 23, 04:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that ever really work right? I tried changing an adult and a teen to "sisters" using SIMpe, and the elder sister kept rolling wants like she was the mother, even though the family tree showed them as sisters. When the teen aged to adult, the family tree went back to showing the elder sister as the mother.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 23, 04:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to create funny setups like this, the correct ways to do it is to make everyone an adult, then fiddle their ages later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 23, 07:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah. I know that now Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 23, 07:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively... you could use the puppy killer. It has a family tree adjuster and what not that lets you set the family relationships and what not. I added a sim to a family, and I set the relationships with SimPE, but the family tree wasn't showing up properly. I was able to fix it easily with InSim. As much as this sounds like a commercial, I was totally not paid for this advertisement, I swear. Cheesy

Ste

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 23, 08:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off-Topic. Does the puppy killer have a picture like the kitten killer?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 23, 12:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off-Topic. Does the puppy killer have a picture like the kitten killer?

I stole it from Venusy's post Cheesy

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 23, 14:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The poor dog is actually a German breed hunting dog. They are a badger's nightmare, because they rout them out, are big enough to fit into their dens and stubborn/cunning enough to engage them in a tussle until the hunter arrives. Poor Dackel (proper German name), sooo misunderstood.

* veilchen laughs herself silly at Emma's picture

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 23, 16:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaah. Okay. I guess I'll just leave it alone, though I'm bothered that the 'sister' is now considered the mother. Next time I'll try it the way you suggest, JM.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 23, 17:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The poor dog is actually a German breed hunting dog. They are a badger's nightmare, because they rout them out, are big enough to fit into their dens and stubborn/cunning enough to engage them in a tussle until the hunter arrives. Poor Dackel (proper German name), sooo misunderstood.

* veilchen laughs herself silly at Emma's picture

Glad you like it, but it is Venusy who made it, uploaded it etc....I just stole it Cheesy

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 26, 09:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

weiner dogs, not the miniatures, were bred to hunt badgers.  thats why a lot of them are cranky dogs.  they have to be as mean as a badger.

in simpe you have to watch out on relationships.  you change them on the obvious character pages, but thats just for some things, i cant remember what.  to have them actually show properly in the family tree there is another relatinships database and you have to correct her to everyone.   cousins are funny because they can be added to one list but not the other.  my link in maxisland to do this is http://tinyurl.com/drvsn  which should link to sublinks since you dont need to do a full ressurrect.  i'll check the line now and make sure the links you need are still alive.    kay you can probably go right to

4. to change familial relations
http://tinyurl.com/mh78v

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 26, 09:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family tree thing in SimPE only sets direct relationships: parents, childer, siblings, spouses. The in-game family tree is built from this: if SimA and SimB are supposed to be cousins, there must be a sibling link between a parent of either (etc.). This is purely display!

How the game actually interprets these relationships is in SimPE defined on the character page, which allows you to set parent/child, spouses, cousins, aunt or uncle/nephew or niece, and grandparent/grandchild in both directions. You can also set it to undefined, which I use for those few cases when I have a fourth generation Sim still around (which is not seen as family otherwise).

Note that checking the 'family' checkbox is not always sufficient to prevent romantic interactions between direct kin: I am still not sure what exactly it is supposed to do. Veronaville's Montys and Capps are nearly all checked as mutual family for example and still you can freely intermarry them.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 26, 10:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you mean the blue people ticker?  that was what was not resetting when i changed the character page.   when i did familial relationships the family tree line and the blue ticker came up.  i'll check out veronaville and see if the blue ticker comes up strangely there.   thanks for the additional data!  it makes sense that cousin is display only.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: