More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 22:30:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Getting into taxi with more than 6 sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting into taxi with more than 6 sims?  (Read 7378 times)
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Getting into taxi with more than 6 sims?
« on: 2006 July 21, 22:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni, NL & OFB installed with all patches.

I am attempting to send 7 Uni students to their owned business lot.

Only 6 of the 7 will ever get in the taxi to go to their business lot that is owned by one of the students.  The last one to get to the taxi is left out.

I believe JM's phone hack is the one that allows me to select multiple sims to go and I always select for all Sims to get into the taxi to go.  Yes, I have the latest version.

I'm assuming that would also mean if I had 8 playable simmies, that only 6 would go as well then.

I've been told already that I can call them over to the lot after I arrive there, but that's one more thing to remember of course. 

Gah.  Is there a hack that enables more than 6 sims to get into a taxi to arrive as playable sims on the business lot?  I want them all to go, all at the same time. 

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks!
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Getting into taxi with more than 6 sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 22, 00:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a limit on how many people can go into a taxi?
I've had an outing of 8 people on my Harley Davindson, so I can't see any reason they shouldn't fit in a taxi.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 22, 01:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had families of eight head downtown, so I doubt this is a game promblem. Maybe some strange hack conflict or other issue? Is the seventh sim pregnant or trying to skip a final or something that should be obvious and isn't?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 22, 01:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a limit on how many people can go into a taxi?
I've had an outing of 8 people on my Harley Davindson, so I can't see any reason they shouldn't fit in a taxi.

Apparently...though I could swear you could stuff 8 people in a taxi.  But I wasn't the only one in another group I belong to having this issue, which is why I'm posing the question here.  Figured someone must know something about it...lol.  That must be quite a sight to see on that Harley! This isn't an outing I'm trying to organize though, just a regular call transportation: taxi and everyone on the lot go.  I wonder if that makes the difference?

I've had families of eight head downtown, so I doubt this is a game promblem. Maybe some strange hack conflict or other issue? Is the seventh sim pregnant or trying to skip a final or something that should be obvious and isn't?

The seventh sim isn't pregnant or trying to skip a final or anything else odd, it's always a random sim that gets left behind.  It's the middle of the night when I'm trying to send them, no where near class time.  And they hadn't been off the lot, ever, prior to the first time I attempted this.  Plus sending Uni sims off lot to a business-owned lot stops time anyway, so the Uni clock doesn't keep ticking, which is of course the entire reason for wanting to send them all off to begin with...lol.

I'm not showing any hack conflicts with the hack conflict detector either.

I'm at a loss...
Ivy

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 22, 01:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, then. Sorry. Sigh. Good luck, and let us all know if someone gives you an answer outside of here.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 22, 01:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks ElfPuddle, I appreciate the warm fuzzies Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 22, 02:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a timeout issue. It's possible to clown-car any number of sims into any vehicle, but sometimes it can take so long to do that the actions time out and drop.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 22, 03:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks JM.  What would you recommend to prevent such time-outs from possibly occuring when dealing with so many sims? I never realized they could time-out of a taxi-call Shocked

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 22, 03:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Position your sims in a more equidistantly distributed pattern around the taxi doors so people aren't all trying to load through the same door.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 22, 03:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will keep that in mind and try that next time when dealing with them.

Thank you again for your help!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 23, 07:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has happened with my sims too sometimes and I am pretty sure that it is a time out problem. Sometimes when they ARRIVE at their destination, if the friggin other sims don't get out of the way quick enough, the taxi leaves with a particular sim who arrived with them, still in it. I then have to get a sim to ring that sim who got stuck in taxi and invite them to met them downtown. Frustrating.

Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 23, 08:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has happened with my sims too sometimes and I am pretty sure that it is a time out problem. Sometimes when they ARRIVE at their destination, if the friggin other sims don't get out of the way quick enough, the taxi leaves with a particular sim who arrived with them, still in it. I then have to get a sim to ring that sim who got stuck in taxi and invite them to met them downtown. Frustrating.

That sounds frustrating, yet I find it oddly amusing, I can picture it now, Sim returns home, mailman arrives and delivers a ransom note from the taxi driver, "If you want to see your sim alive again pay up" Cheesy

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 23, 08:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh.

That'd be pretty funny, sim-kidnappings.

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 24, 00:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! That's what I want for the next EP....skip the bland or Bellaish mysteries. I want simnappings, murder, mayhem, and other reasons for a CSimI.

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 26, 07:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in theory that would be nice.  but you KNOW maxis would screw up so many times it would be worse then university.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 26, 15:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the entire visitors-kidnapping-babies thing can return, only this time with a ransom note. Tongue

Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 27, 00:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the entire visitors-kidnapping-babies thing can return, only this time with a ransom note. Tongue

Will it be called "The Lindenburgh Baby Booster Pack"? Roll Eyes

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 27, 01:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the sheeple would never get the reference.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 27, 05:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is this:

cargetinfix-ofbp2.package 23-Jul-2006 13:03  2.1K 

a hack in testing for this problem?

Ivy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 27, 08:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a hack for a different problem, but the two may be related.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 28, 01:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, nosy as I am, I put the hack in anyway.  If they are related, it does seem to help with my issue anyway.  All 7 simmies are now consistantly getting into the taxi.  They are all being "called" to go to the taxi, whereas before, the last one would be "called" but the "call" would drop out immediately afterwards.  Whether that's coincidence or a fix for the issue, I'll leave that to you to determine.  I can only report that it seems to have helped bunches.

Let me know if you need more testing and/or information.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: