More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:09:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Social for toddlers please!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Social for toddlers please!!!!  (Read 19015 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Social for toddlers please!!!!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 July 01, 06:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some of the time they were climbing up a giant rock climbing wall, so the stick would have had to be impractically long.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 July 01, 11:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some of the time they were climbing up a giant rock climbing wall, so the stick would have had to be impractically long.
History has seen some pretty long poking-sticks in use. Would a 20-foot long pointy stick have done the job?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 July 02, 00:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the one they had in *Friends* when they poked the ugly naked guy 'cos they thought he was dead?  That was a lot of small sticks (looked like chopsticks) joined together

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 July 02, 01:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone have anything constructive to add?

I ate a hotdog for lunch

With ketchup/catsup or mustard?
Grilled or microwaved or boiled?
Any certain brand?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I had a reuben sandwich (without the 1000 island dressing) and some taco doritos (caps left off the name brands on purpose).

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 July 02, 13:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the one they had in *Friends* when they poked the ugly naked guy 'cos they thought he was dead?  That was a lot of small sticks (looked like chopsticks) joined together

Heheh, I remember that episode. *giggles madly* My favorite one is the one with Rachel's baby being born, just for Chandler's line of, "Seriously, sir, brains....ALL over the wall!"

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 July 02, 15:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hijacking this thread, I would love to see toddler social interactions with younger babies and with each other. There are few things more adorable than watching two toddlers playing together or seeing a toddler greet and help care for a newborn sibling.

My first three kids were all about two years apart so--if translated into game equivalents--I had three toddlers at one time. They would often get scooped up and bathed together, they played together, and long before they reached school age they were friends.

I know this request has been made repeatedly in several different forums, but I haven't seen any results (is this most likely due to the problems with the animations?) Will we have interaction anytime soon, either from Maxis or via hack?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 July 02, 19:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, you know, you shouldn't put two toddlers together and encourage them to interact in any way, or they will fight and one will kill the other. Unless you want that to happen. Toddlers are normally content to ignore each other, and will become violent if you force them to interact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 July 02, 20:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now THAT would be amusing.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 July 02, 23:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, along with positive interactions, how about the oh-too-real pinch, poke or hit the infant sibling and make it cry if mommy or daddy leaves it on the floor where big brother or sister can reach it? But kiss, talk and snuggle need to be there too.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 July 03, 00:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, along with positive interactions, how about the oh-too-real pinch, poke or hit the infant sibling and make it cry if mommy or daddy leaves it on the floor where big brother or sister can reach it? But kiss, talk and snuggle need to be there too.

I'm pretty sure OFB added a 'tease' interaction that children can use towards toddlers, but I'm not sure of the exact circumstances where it's active.  I think the kid has to be a bit on the mean side, and the toddler doing something like drinking from a bottle.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 July 03, 16:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With ketchup/catsup or mustard?
Grilled or microwaved or boiled?
Any certain brand?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I had a reuben sandwich (without the 1000 island dressing) and some taco doritos (caps left off the name brands on purpose).

Ketchup/boiled/Oscar Mayer....gotta love those chicken lips and assholes.  Mmmm.

W/o 1000 island?  Blasphemer!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 July 03, 16:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now THAT would be amusing.
You make a very good point.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 July 03, 17:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it would be realistic anyways..... toddlers and preschoolers do seem to be out to get the other.  The concept of MINE is firmly established so you need to kill the other to maintain this status.  Ive never seen poking with sticks though..sounds interesting.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: