More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 19:22:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does it really matter which degree?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does it really matter which degree?  (Read 3045 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Does it really matter which degree?
« on: 2005 August 30, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than being an incentive to study the right skills, is there any advantage to having a Sim go for a degree related to the job you want them to get after college? I've noticed all the new careers are open to all graduates regardless of degree--I've had a Sim with a biology degree work as a bit actor while waiting for a medical job to open up. So what's the advantage, or is there one?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Does it really matter which degree?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 30, 17:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the advantage is that a linked career will start you farther up the ladder than an unlinked career.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 30, 19:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! Thank you, that *is* an advantage Grin

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 30, 19:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really understand how they work insofar as there only appears to be one degree that prospective Hall of Famers can study, yet there are others that have 3 relevant degrees.  In any case, it's easy enough to cheat and alter the degree in SimPE once they've exhausted all its possibilities!  I added a load of custom majors into my game, until I realised that it forced the creation of a ton of new professors.  I removed both the professors and the degrees!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 30, 20:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right about the linked degree starting them further up the ladder.  Dustin wanted the medical career from the start, and so did Dirk, and both started further up than Castor, who I changed from Mad Scientist to Chief of Staff because he kept rolling the medical career want.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: