More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 20, 11:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dorms (ugh)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dorms (ugh)  (Read 3852 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Dorms (ugh)
« on: 2006 June 24, 23:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my son left this morning on his first ever driving trip (he's 18) and he may end up living down there (California) as well so I threw myself into a project to take my mind off of it (Jade, you'll be happy I hope).  Worked, too Cheesy

I've created a mini-uni... all buildings by me (even made my own brick wallpaper cuz Maxis' is just ... blech).  I have three dorms: small, medium and (relatively) large.  I used the method whereby I created them as residences, used all the right dormie pieces and then changed the zoning to 'dorm'.  Everything tests great - the right NPC's come, YA's and all.  However... why do my custom dorms go into my Houses and Lots bin and not the Specialty Lots bin?  Or... how do I get them into the Specialty bins? 

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Dorms (ugh)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 24, 23:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is where the maxis made dorms and such go. If you want yours to get placed in there ( you will not be able to delete them in game) then follow this. Go into the The Sims 2 University folder then go to TSData/Res/LotTemplates and follow the maxis naming style. So your first one would be called "Dorm_17_Permanent.package".

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 24, 23:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thank you!  But let me ask you this before I go rename them all:  What's your opinion on uploading a dorm for others to use - should it be in the Specialty Bin or does it matter? 

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 24, 23:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can upload lots when they are in the lot bin. You would have to place it into the University then upload it that way.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 24, 23:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be such a dolt, but does that mean that even if I use Maxis' naming convention, when someone else downloads it, it will go to the regular bin? 

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 24, 23:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 24, 23:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could kiss you!  Sorry... momentarily lost my composure there.  Won't happen again.
(but thank you)

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 25, 03:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speciality Bin?  Either I know it as something else or I don't have one.  What is it?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 25, 03:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you're in a Uni neighborhood there is a houses and lots bin, a vacant lot bin and another bin - with students on the icon (if memory serves me) - called a specialty lots bin or something. 

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 25, 13:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, your secret society houses (if you create a new Uni from scratch) and the dorms are in there. I have some dorms I have modified from the Maxis ones, and I have popped them in there using the renaming method.

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 25, 13:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, your secret society houses (if you create a new Uni from scratch) and the dorms are in there. I have some dorms I have modified from the Maxis ones, and I have popped them in there using the renaming method.

Holy crap.  I just worked three hours on a custom University for my Legacy family and was getting frustrated that I couldn't find any secret societies to use, and I couldn't get the cheat to take effect on one I had built.  I ended up scrapping and using Academie Le Tour. 

The sad thing is I have made custom universities before, and used the binned dorms/secret societies, but that was ages ago and I forgot about it yesterday. Shoot.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 25, 14:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Emma points and laughs at Batelle

Never mind-you know for next time Wink They are right at the end of the speciality lot bin.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: