More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 07:29:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Repricing floors and walls?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Repricing floors and walls?  (Read 11315 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Repricing floors and walls?
« on: 2006 June 18, 20:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so i am a downloadaholic. I have been paring down my downloads was nearly 10 gb down to 1.5gb still wanting to go lower. I love most of the stuff i got now and I am just working on fine tunning a few things. Right now i have nearly 8000 files. some 2000 or so is floors and walls. I love all the ones i got but have found that there are a few hundred with the 1 dollar price tag. I know you can update these a few ways but anyone know of a mass way to update the price. Like selecting umteenth items and marking one price lol.

Linda

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Repricing floors and walls?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 18, 22:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I am having a hard time going from 2.35GB back to 1.5GB.  It's insanely hard.  The only way I know of is in Homecrafter (and I just learned that  Tongue )
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 18, 23:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem--only with tthe categories. This sounds like a SImPE plugin.....
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 19, 00:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I am having a hard time going from 2.35GB back to 1.5GB.  It's insanely hard.  The only way I know of is in Homecrafter (and I just learned that  Tongue )

Ya I just started playing around with the homecrafter and redid a few custome walls/floors, however it changes the GUID or number for that custom wall/floor and when you go back into your game,  any of the walls/floors you had in your homes will disappear because it looks for that GUID number!! Very fustrating because I was so excited that I could change the prices as the lower priced walls do not enhance environment scores, and then the number changes, aagghh!!

So if it can be done in SimPE without changing those numbers, that would be great!

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 19, 01:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also hunted for a way to change wall/floor prices in bulk, but haven't found anything.

By the way, has anyone read anything about the dangers of floors priced at $0? I don't remember where I saw a thread about it, but apparently they screw up the game. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Fail.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 19, 03:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of it screwing up the game but it figures. I hate the completely lower priced walls/floors. It allows no strategy in the game.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 19, 05:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is homecrafter still broken?

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 19, 05:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can probably do it in SimPE, as well, but Homecrafter is easier. They released an updated version of Homecrafter a few weeks ago.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 19, 12:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just built a new modern home, and since I'd put the tarmac driveway down, I used tarmac to go to the front door.  Funny thing, visitors used that door to ring the bell, but since there was an alternative door, the reisident sims used that every single time!  I tried moving the doors around a bit, front one was actually double doors so tried removing one, but they still preferred to go the long way round.  In the end I thought, must be the path, as it can't be anything else, and I replace the tarmac priced at, I think 4 or 5 simoleons, with a floortile which was only 1 simoleon, and lo and behold, they used the front door!  (So price isn't the only issue!)

I remember doing all that repricing for my sims1 walls with SimWallCat, and it took ages to go through a large number of walls.  People wondered then if it would be possible to make a program that did a batch at a time, but I don't think anyone ever came up with a satisfactory alternative to the wallcat.

Interestingly, though, you reprice your walls from 1 simoleon to 10, and your floors from 1 simoleon to 7, and immediately your sims' houses are worth more, and therefore their bills will be higher.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 19, 13:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A foolproof way of getting the environment score sky-high is to place a ridiculously expensive floor tile (at, say $30 a piece) and an equally expensive wall cover in a room. No need to worry about environment score after that!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 19, 13:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I have some from LIU that are absolutely ridiculously priced - trouble is my sims can't afford them!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 19, 13:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always alter the price of any custom floor/wall, and even clone some of the existing ones to set the price higher. Money is not an issue in TS2 after a while.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 19, 13:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, I have so many, and they're often in three or four different versions of my game, plus my saved downloads folder, so each one I alter has then to be copied over to all those destinations!  Now if I'd done it from the beginning.......

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 19, 14:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was quite a pain when I first started it...took me more than 4 hours to set straight and rename the actual filename to something that shows what the hell THAT FILE REALLY IS instead of random letter and numbers! But after that the upkeep is easy.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 19, 14:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all the ones I have like that are actually in their own folder, so it's not so hard to find them now.  I do appreciate websites that rename their own files and put the package and not the Sims2Pack up for download, but it's a lot of extra work and not everyone has the time.  But for those that have gone to the trouble of changing a lot of their walls and floors over to a recognizable file name and a  package file, I would like to say thank you!

The trouble with all these little things like changing walls means less time to play!  (In Sims 1 days, the wallcat would let you do these things to the saved fileswhile the game was loaded, which meant you could do a few then return to your game and copy the alterations over later.  I suppose I could copy all my walls and floors over to my other PC, do it there, then transfer them back when I'm done!

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 19, 17:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

would it be possible to do a "repricing for dummies"?

I am also annoyed by the low prices of walls and floors...so it would be a help.

I did figure out how to use SimPe to determine, and then rename the random number and letter names to what they are
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 19, 19:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

soo has anyone else had that problem when repricing your floors/walls, those walls/floors used in a houses disappear from the house?

Is there a way to use SimPE to change the price too??

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 19, 19:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was mentioned in the first couple of posts. Apparently, changing the prices causes the GUIDs to change and the game looks for the old GUIDs when you open up houses.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 19, 19:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can imagine it's the same as changing the price as objects.  Load the file in SimPE and in the plugin view you can change prices for objects, whether it's a repeating part or not, etc.

That was mentioned in the first couple of posts. Apparently, changing the prices causes the GUIDs to change and the game looks for the old GUIDs when you open up houses.

Yeah, same person posted that Jelenedra.  Wink
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 19, 20:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh... well, the first post didn't seem like a question, it was too informative!

That's what I get for reading this stuff at work. I get distracted too easily...

OH SHINY! *runs into wall*

Oh yeah, speaking of editing objects in SimPe....

How does one edit the energy/comfort values of custom beds? I have all these nice looking ones from Sunair Sims and every single one of them is Enery 2 Comfort 3. WTF? Huh

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 19, 20:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they were cloned off of an inexpensive bed, then that would be why.  I just hate it when they edit the numbers to say it's high and it's really not, or vice versa.  I don't know how to do it myself though unfortunately and I'd love to know how too.

And I had to go back and read the post about the GUID's myself before I realized it was the same person too.  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 19, 21:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trouble with walls and floors is a lot of the people who make them actually make them for house-building, and they set the price low so they can make starter homes that look good and have a little more than the basic one or two bedrooms and a tiny kitchen.

I agree about custom beds, from what I remember JM saying, it's really not so easy to change the comfort value of a bed so that the new value actually works - usually all people are changing is the apparent comfort value in the buy menu.  I don't honestly know why they do it, after all, when you download a bed, you do it on it's appearance, because they never actually tell you what the comfort level is!
Most of all, though, I get annoyed when people clone the Soma Sleepwell, as unless this was fixed in the OFB patch, maids won't make them - and if you're usig expensivenpcs, the least you can expect for 100 simoleons an hour or whatever, is that they finish the job!

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 19, 22:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can imagine it's the same as changing the price as objects.  Load the file in SimPE and in the plugin view you can change prices for objects, whether it's a repeating part or not, etc.

Yeah, same person posted that Jelenedra.  Wink

Grin thanks for the info BlueSoup and clearing that up for Jelenedra Wink its okay thou, we all experience that "over-post-reading", blurs the eyes after a while. Cheesy

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 19, 23:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, whatever you said at the beginning, sounded like a reasonable explaination for me. =p

But then again, I'm slowing becoming SimPe literate. So for now, I pretty much take everyone else's word for it.

=)

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 19, 23:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problem at all.  I've been going through and repricing all the walls and floors.  If it's a custom wall/floor, as soon as I reprice it, I delete it, if it's Maxis, you can't delete it.  Now I can use carpets and some baby wallpaper I could never use before!  I've been using all brick/stucco/stone walls and floors because they've been the highest priced but now I can use carpets and linoleum!  I've been having a heyday making new homes!   Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: