More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:27:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hello Me, Meet The Barista Me!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hello Me, Meet The Barista Me!  (Read 12517 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Hello Me, Meet The Barista Me!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 15, 12:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another chore which interferes with playing time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 15, 14:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible the bug is a result from the ability for sims to "Take over as" a Barista or Barhop on lots they don't own?

Maybe there is some kinda of conflict over the work as... and the ability to actually work at one you own.

Maybe. But I'm not all that smart about codes, but it seems to me that the only issues arising with OFB is with stuff that you could take a part time job as on non-business lots. (One of the few others being a personal trainer for gym equipment, but for gyms you use the ticket machine, not man the machines)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 15, 16:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't make sense, really, that a gym wouldn't employ a trainer to actually give people lessons!  I'd love it if Maxis could come up with a way of sims having an aerobics class!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 15, 17:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, you can have personal trainers on University campuses. What's wrong with telling people how to "wail on their delts" after graduation?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 15, 19:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can actually be personal trainer if you are the owner of the gym or one of the family (and presumably a controllable manager) but usually the customers just wander off to the hot tub!  Get rid of the hot tub and maybe they'll want to train - and buy espresso too!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 15, 20:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well I uninstalled OFB a while ago, so I don't have to worry about all that mess. I was just commenting on what I figured was the only thing the bar and the barista had in common that might be causing the bug.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 15, 20:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't say being a PT wasn't buggy, just that it was possible!  I would think the problem is more closely connected with the barista and the espresso cart, which was buggy from the start of Uni..

Zephyr Zodiac
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 15, 20:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, luckily I don't usually make my simmies perform PT jobs. Getting straight A's in college keeps you from having to take up work on the sly.

And if you don't care about relationships, meditate is your friend in college. =p

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 15, 20:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a PT is good, though, if both sims need a body point - one for their college requirements, the other perhaps for the job requirement later on, but since they both build the skill and also get money whether they do it at home or on a comm lot, it's a handy thing to do!  I don't use dorms a lot, and living in a house is expensive for first generation sims - they have to pay for all the restrucuring I do!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 16, 08:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't make sense, really, that a gym wouldn't employ a trainer to actually give people lessons!  I'd love it if Maxis could come up with a way of sims having an aerobics class!

If your playable sim has full body points they can take a yoga class.  (and you could, for story-telling purposes, get a group of sims to *let's smustle* which would look like an aerobics class)

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 16, 08:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's some more feedback on the Met Self issue: unfortunately, Pescado's Dramafix did not get rid of this problem. I took my experiment a bit further, and tried to invoke the memory with an espresso cart by instructing an employee to Be Barista. Well, espresso carts at least are safe to use, but regular comm lot bars are still a big no-no.
Oh, as a footnote: owners CAN be personal trainers, managers cannot. Also, managers cannot, for some strange reason, Call Over another sim.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 16, 11:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never tried with managers, but just thought they would be able to if they had high body points - oh well, that's just another problem with managerss - they just aren't controllable in the right areas!  They can't use the phone or the espresso machine either!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 16, 12:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's some more feedback on the Met Self issue: unfortunately, Pescado's Dramafix did not get rid of this problem. I took my experiment a bit further, and tried to invoke the memory with an espresso cart by instructing an employee to Be Barista. Well, espresso carts at least are safe to use, but regular comm lot bars are still a big no-no.
Oh, as a footnote: owners CAN be personal trainers, managers cannot. Also, managers cannot, for some strange reason, Call Over another sim.
That has to do with the "Visitor" checkbox. Managers have difficulty doing any action that is not "visitor-enabled".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 16, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, with the "let's smustle" and with that mod that adds body skill building to dancing that WOULD be an aerobics class.  Cool

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 16, 15:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as all the visitors weren't in the hot-tub!  Need it behind lockable doors, and only unlock it AFTER all the townies have taken a bit of exercise!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 16, 15:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a thought. Although I never really tried my hand at any other business besides a home salon/novelty shop.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 16, 17:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Herb and Coral have a gambling den!  (Herb was a mean poker player in NL, so I thought, this is the life for him!)  Lilith has one of the toyshops.  Jennifer has two gifte shoppe type shops and a lumberyard called doorsareus.  JimmyCash has a cheap electrical store and his father-in-law Tom Penney has a babystuff shop, a cheap antiques stall, a grocer's shop and now the expensive antique shop ......and Malcolm Landgraab still hasn't visited any of his businesses!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 17, 14:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heavily modified Maple Springs Pool And Spa (got rid of the floors altogether) and used it as a comm lot business. Visiting sims get to work out, play chess (healthy mind in healthy body my ancestors said!), swim in the pool and soak in the bathtub. I've seen them indulge in all of the aforementioned activities, they don't all rush heads over heels to the bathtub. This was the business lot I used as a testing grounds when I found this bug by the way.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 17, 15:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found they had a quick look at the gym, then off to the hot tub they went - and that included active sims like Komei!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: