More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 15:58:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife made Homecrafter go 'splodie - and it did a number on BodyShop, too!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife made Homecrafter go 'splodie - and it did a number on BodyShop, too!  (Read 12014 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Re: Nightlife made Homecrafter go 'splodie - and it did a number on BodyShop, too!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 23, 22:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree that this should go in JM's list.  So far, everything has pointed to the lack of Uni being the problem, and nothing has pointed against it.  I've asked around a bit on the BBS, read other peoples' posts, checked their profiles to see which EPs they have, and... well, here we are.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Nightlife made Homecrafter go 'splodie - and it did a number on BodyShop, to
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 23, 23:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried using Homecrafter yet, but BodyShop doesn't work for me either after I got Nightlife. It crashes during the loading screen. Quite annoying.

Have you tried taking the 'savedSims' file out of the ea games folder, and then load Body-shop? Often body shop crashes are caused by a corrupt sim in the saved sims folder. If it works after taking out the folder, try putting your saved sims back a few at the time, see if body shop loads and keep adding until it crashes again. Then you'll know that the corrupt skin(s) was in the latest batch of skins that you put back into the game (via the saved sims folder).

It's a pain in the neck (at least for me, body shop takes ages to load and close up), but it usually solves my crashing problem. If this is redundant, sorry :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Nightlife made Homecrafter go 'splodie - and it did a number on BodyShop, to
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 03, 10:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post from Loflyh on the old sims board - might help someone.  The suggestion that installation order matters sounds plausible to me given what we know about Homecrafter not working NL unless you have Uni.  Wonder if it works with OFB and no other EPs which is where I will be in a couple of weeks.

"Well for those of you still having problems with Homecrafter, I finally got mine to work.

How you ask, I had to it the hard way, won't go there but I figure the easy way would be to uninstall TS2 and all expansions you have, then re-install everything in it's proper order.

I don't know if a patch may have had something to with the messed up Homecrafter but I haven't done a patch on my installs and Homecrafter is working fine. Later, I'll patch my install and see if anything changes.

I do know the order of installation seems to be important, because I got Nightlife before getting University and Homecrafter took a nose dive after that but installing things in there proper ordr seems to cleared thing up, even starts a little faster now."

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 07, 08:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

stumbled over this today - some people have got homecrafter working with NL but not Uni.  Read the whole thing..  hope it helps   http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107222

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 12, 08:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snooty says there's a new homecrafter out.  Hope this fixes the problem for you.
http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/homecrafter.php

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: