More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:26:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unfulfillable wants
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unfulfillable wants  (Read 19646 times)
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Unfulfillable wants
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 21, 23:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meaning if your parent/relative/friend is PRESENT for the wedding, the college enrollment, the graduation (not the party!)...

Wait! There's a graduation ceremony? Or do you mean the video at the end of the graduation party, where they gather for a photo and then throw their mortarboards in the air?

If there's an actual presentation of diploma, how do I get to it? If there isn't...go ahead and make fun of me, I deserve it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 22, 00:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen it, and I can't get more than one to graduate at a time!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 22, 09:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

13 sims graduated and i've never seen it too.

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 22, 11:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've never seen it because it simply doesn't exist. When Pescado mentioned the party, I believe he was talking about the one you throw when you've graduated, when you're ready to leave university.

To fulfill the graduated children wants, your family sim must be on the lot when your student child is coming from their final exam and get the graduation memory. For example, use one of Inge's teleporters to get the sim there at the right time. I think that it's what Pescado meant. Now if I'm wrong... oops!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 August 22, 11:21:51 by VJay » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 22, 14:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, as long as they're at the party, they get the memory and the platinum aspiration for life  - and they only need to see two children graduate, so they can fulfill the want and yet only have two kids!

Zephyr Zodiac
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 25, 21:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered why my sim parents do not get their "Kid goes to college" wants filled, even though they clearly arrived at the dorm and grew up into YAs.   Next time I'll make them stand by the taxi and see them off.  Maybe that will help?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 25, 21:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one Sim parent will go along with their child to college in the cutscene, at least that's how it's played out for me so far.

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 25, 23:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happens to Popularity Sims, too.  I had one achieve her Lifetime Want of 20 Best Friends at a wedding on someone else's lot.  The message box came-up to tell me she'd done it and she had the 20 BF memory, plus her Lifetime Want changed, but no special icon in her memories and no permanent platinum.

I have been having this happen alot as well.  I use Lot Debugger to make the plat stick.

Also, had a sim get abucted 5 times and though his twin brother got the "hope X meets aliens" want, no one in family has memory of him getting abducted.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 26, 01:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's wierd about the aliens - I've never know the memory of that to not show, even with sims who are not even related but just friends!

Seeing kids off in the taxi to go to college is no good for creating memories or getting plat, until they actually enter an empty house or empty dorm with a parent seeing them off, the memory won't happen.  Unfortunately, it's random which parent arrives with them to say goodbye, unless they have only one living parent and a step-parent, so the family sim parent may not be the one seeing them off.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 26, 06:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang, I am missing so much by not being able to see the cutscenes.  I never knew these existed, the ones you are talking about with them throwing their mortarboards in the air or the parents seeing their kids off to college or arriving at college.  All I get is the sim's family gathering around (if they are awake) and waving goodbye just like they would for any other sim moving out.  At college, nothing happens unless they are the first on the lot, then I don't have the control panel until the taxi arrives and they transition to YA.  At graduation, if I have a party, they transition to adult when the party ends.  That's it, they just spin around, and tada! they are grown.  Anyone want to send charitable contributions to my worthy cause, or donate a sim-worthy video card?  All donations are tax deductable, of course! Smiley  I wish I could get a newer video card, but I am thankful that I can even play the game.  I hope NL doesn't put a big drag on things.  I have plenty of RAM.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 26, 07:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The parent only shows for the first on the lot.  If you move three sims into college together, only one parent shows up for one, then the others arrive by taxi and grow up, but no parent!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 26, 07:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for explaining that, ZephyrZodiac.  I didn't understand about parents going to college with their kids!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 26, 07:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you can't get the cut-scenes, you wouldn't have seen it, so how could you know?  Trouble is, once you get them, you really miss them if for some reason you don't have them, like when I play on my laptop, which has a good vid card, but just not up to the same standard as my main pcs'.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 26, 07:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I wouldn't know not having seen it, but it does seem like the assumption is that "everyone sees them" but I can understand that it's easy to forget others have different computers and don't always get to see the same stuff.  Like when I discovered I could increase the Sim detail and see the sims fingers and stuff, that was so exciting, but now I'm quite used to it and forget that others haven't seen this, as one poster mentioned on this board after getting a new video card.  (I'm so jealous.  I'm a lovely shade of green. Roll Eyes)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 26, 08:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, with Sims1, you didn't, as far as I know, not see anything, but with Sims2 the video card is everything!  And you won't have seen alien abductions up close or babies being "born"!  Get saving those pennies!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 28, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really should have known better!  Sophie Miguel!!!!!  Cow Plant food!
How do you think she got to be a zombie in the first place?!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 28, 21:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you feed her to it again?  Or better still, when her aspiration is at the bottom of red, get her to wear the thinking cap!  That should definitely give her "food for thought"!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: