More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 04:30:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downtownies appearing in Base hoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downtownies appearing in Base hoods?  (Read 8083 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Downtownies appearing in Base hoods?
« on: 2006 June 05, 18:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has probably been discussed before but don't remember reading it so...
IS there a way to make downtownies appear in base neighborhood and shopping district?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Downtownies appearing in Base hoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 05, 19:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Squinge made a mod that allows this.  You can probably find it in his forum somewhere on insimenator.net.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 05, 20:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, but it conflicts with TwoJeff's visitor controller and JM's noplayableshoppers. I wanted to be able to do it without hacks or with a hack that doesn't conflict with other good mods.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 05, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, but it conflicts with TwoJeff's visitor controller and JM's noplayableshoppers. I wanted to be able to do it without hacks or with a hack that doesn't conflict with other good mods.

Well, then it can't be done -- it's not possible without hacks (weird Maxian logic), and it will conflict with other hacks that control community lot visitors. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 05, 21:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this method.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 05, 21:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not quite sure I understand personally. I started with a custom hood, deletedallcharacters, then added the downtown, shopping and unis' to it. (without deleting any more characters)

I have all sorts of sims wandering around all the hoods (I also have no townieregen) I have def had that tricou kid (the white faced one) come to the base hood, home on the school bus in fact, so I am a little confused - is this not supposed to happen? I have YA wandering around downtown too, you can tell by their walk.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 05, 21:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe deleting all the character's in the main hood first did something to enable the downtownies to wander everywhere.  Otherwise, the only way to get them to the other neighborhoods is to invite them, or as Venusy pointed out (thanks!), transport them in and change them to regular townies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 05, 21:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all sorts of sims wandering around all the hoods (I also have no townieregen) I have def had that tricou kid (the white faced one) come to the base hood, home on the school bus in fact, so I am a little confused - is this not supposed to happen? I have YA wandering around downtown too, you can tell by their walk.
Is the Tricou kid playable? I think that playable downtown sims are still allowed to wander about the base hood.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 05, 22:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he is I havent the faintest idea where he lives. Does he live somewhere? The only people that live downtown in my game are the ones that I have put there and he isnt one of them. I checked out his relationships panel and he is related to a quite a few sims, all different in appearnce and as far as I know that tricuo kid is a townie without a home (at least not one that you can play).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 05, 22:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The upcoming shiny will be able to have downtownies visit your stores. You'll be able to target your business at any customer group you can probably think of, or even have the clientele automatically change with time of day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 05, 22:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooo now that is shiny
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 05, 23:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he is I havent the faintest idea where he lives. Does he live somewhere? The only people that live downtown in my game are the ones that I have put there and he isnt one of them. I checked out his relationships panel and he is related to a quite a few sims, all different in appearnce and as far as I know that tricuo kid is a townie without a home (at least not one that you can play).

Fricorith Tricou is one of the dead sims that are in graves either at the House of Fallen trees, or the cemetery.  If he is wandering around any hood at all, then he has been resurrected.

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 05, 23:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a downtownie that has the white face...

ISFJ
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 06, 00:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the mod that lets the downtownies visit wherever they want and it does work.  I also have one that lets YA's go shopping and I think it also lets them visit downtown lots - they do, anyway.  In fact, I get more YA's downtown than I do downtownies.  They're forever hanging around, especially in the places with music.  Figures, I suppose.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 06, 02:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim: what mod do you speak of?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 06, 14:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it's a Squinge thing -- you can check his forum over at insimenator.net.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 06, 14:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And check for conflicts!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 06, 14:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had playable sims that live downtown show up in the base hood. Is that acceptable?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 06, 15:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had playable sims that live downtown show up in the base hood. Is that acceptable?

Yes; playables wander everywhere.  It's only the 'native' downtownies that don't show up outside of Downtown without some hack or manipulation (or being invited, of course).

I'm always amused when a new sim moves in, and someone on the welcome committee is from a different sub-neighborhood.  Pretty long walk from p-view to Bluewater. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 06, 15:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since I've installed TJ's welcome wagon hack, they seem to be not only from PV, but from the nearest houses too!  And if your sims are busy with three toddlers and a baby, they can say no! - but on the other hand, if they might need a sitter, (and you have the hack installed) meeting the neightbours is a GOOD thing!  My latest family is a single parent with a daughter who was a child when they moved in, and each of the welcome wagon in turn was called on to babysit!  (And do the cleaning!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 06, 15:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm always amused when a new sim moves in, and someone on the welcome committee is from a different sub-neighborhood.  Pretty long walk from p-view to Bluewater. Smiley
That drove me nuts enough to stomp it in my private collection, particularly when I want to keep the neighborhoods segregated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 06, 15:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the YA's to be kept in their YA ghetto.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 06, 15:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I put TJ's ww hack in, I even used to get the servo!  And always it eeems to be Romance sims, obviously on the prowl!  If I move in a knowledge sim, do they get knowledge sims welcoming them? Not likely!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 06, 15:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The upcoming shiny will be able to have downtownies visit your stores. You'll be able to target your business at any customer group you can probably think of, or even have the clientele automatically change with time of day.
..... cool!   Cool

Until then, I will might try, angelyne's method. I hate that I have to send my sims downtown all the time to meet some cuties. They should be able to meet the love of their life while going to the grocery store and not just a club. I would use Squinge's mod but it conflicts with others that I like.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 06, 15:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since I've installed TJ's welcome wagon hack, they seem to be not only from PV, but from the nearest houses too!  And if your sims are busy with three toddlers and a baby, they can say no!

Yea, I don't know why it took me so long, but I recently enjoyed this hack, and love having the option to say no.  But it still hasn't stopped cross-neighborhood committee members in my game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: