More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:33:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Aspiration Token
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Aspiration Token  (Read 5006 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
No Aspiration Token
« on: 2006 June 12, 00:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've started a new hood and a semi-legacy style family and encountered something odd.  My CAS sim founder & his progeny (now up to 4 generations) who were born in game do not have an aspiration token.  The descendents all successfully transitioned to teen where I picked their aspiration in game but when I go to simPE (v0.58) there is just the invisible sim initialised token and the usual memories & gossip.

Any ideas on why the aspiration token is missing?
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No Aspiration Token
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 12, 00:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good question. Hope someone knows the answer. Smiley

I have two Cas sims without aspirations. I was able to use the "reroll LTW" to get one for them; but once they fulfilled the want, they went back to no LTW and they do not stay Platinum. Undecided

Edit: Because I type in the dark, lol.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 12, 04:18:49 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 12, 00:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the aspiration token does anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 12, 02:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some sims who have their aspiration token, and some who don't and it doesn't seem to affect their ability to retain platinum once it's achieved.  Something else is causing this, not the lack of an aspiration token.

I would check what mods you have that could be causing this, especially if you have ever downloaded a house and not used Clean Installer to install it to your game as you could have inadvertently downloaded something with the house which you are unaware you have.  Checking all your downloads with Clean Installer will show you any hacks that you have in your game in red, and if you normally keep your hacks together, you should be able to find anything which is lurking in another folder somewhere.

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 12, 02:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I double checked with clean installer and the only hacks I have are those from Mr P, TJ & Crammyboy. I did have two invisible driveways but apart from that...

MsMaria - you mentioned one detail I forgot - once my sims reach their permanent platinum they seem to lose it when I move them to a new lot and then don't get allocated another LTW.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 12, 02:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever changed their aspiration in SimPE?  This can result in no permaplat for your sim.

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 12, 02:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I haven't messed around with them in simPE at all other than to check to see if there was a memory of achieving their lifetime want or something.

It's more annoying than anything else with them losing their perma-plat and then not having any other way to reachieve it other than to cheat & use the FFS lot debugger. With there being no aspiration token as well, I was afraid that I might be getting a BFBVFS
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 12, 04:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use SimPE and the Hack Tool shows no conflicts. It is just strange that it affects some and not others in game. I'll keep checking files though, just to be sure.

vilia: If you find a solution, please let us know. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 12, 08:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you have a hack that  is incompatible with the version of the game you are running?

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 12, 08:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just created a new hood and ran the game completely vanilla.  I created a family with 2 parents & 2 kids. I reduced the time left in the age for the kids to 1 in simPE and then re-entered the game.  I then had the two kids transition successfully, saved & exited the game. I have just checked the memories of the sims in simPE and they have a memory of growing up well but not an aspiration token.

As for the other issue with losing their perma-plat state, I'm not quite sure how to go about testing it. I guess I will have to try and fulfill the LTWs of the sims and then move them onto a new lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 12, 08:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think as long as the aspiration is there in game, it doesn't matter whether they have an aspiration token or not.  Likewise, although both Beau Broke and Alexander Goth have aspiration tokens as kids/toddlers,  which are presumably caused by dangling SWAFs caused by Maxis, you don't have to give them those aspirations if you don't want to!  Last time I played Beau I accidentally clicked Romance, and he's perfectly happy (although not terribly successful!).

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 12, 09:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not been able to see the Aspiration Token influence anything. Presumably it is a leftover from a beta version of TS2.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 12, 09:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have stopped stressing about the tokens  Cheesy 

Disclaimer: I still reserve the right to stress about other minor details though that I haven't yet thought off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 12, 09:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good!  Now you can concentrate on stressing about the important things - like, would my family prefer a nice modern sofa from Holy Simoly or a Maxis recolour?

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 12, 10:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy Simoly is the holy grail of sim furniture.  I love all of the recolours and how OMG the wood & fabrics actually match!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 12, 10:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they don't release that much stuff, so they probably check it thoroughly in game first - so many people are in too much of a hurry! 

And, OK, it isn't free, (it's actually very expensive) but check out Heather's new touch of country set at SimFreaks2, the recolours are stunning.  Plus her Maxis Match Seatris Set!
« Last Edit: 2006 June 12, 10:21:53 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: