More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 10:33:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Doors won't close
0 Members and 40 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Doors won't close  (Read 32576 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Doors won't close
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 27, 04:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have TJ's hack and it "serves" its purpose well.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 27, 04:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 27, 04:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 27, 05:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 27, 11:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. Its amazing how quickly a thread can derail  Grin

But about Dissy's hacks...I like that one better than Jeff's, shocking I know Cheesy --what did it for me is that the served meal will only be for those already on lot; as in no more leftovers if you only have 2 or 3 Sims living on lot and no visitors.

So, does anyone know if this hack conflicts with any of Pescado or Jeff's hacks? I know it would conflict with Jeff's Serve Everyone Hack but what about the rest of his food hacks?

The only hacks in my game are by those 2, except I do have a longer burning fire (in the fireplaces) installed that was by someone else (I don't remember who made it though).
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 27, 13:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does anyone know if this hack conflicts with any of Pescado or Jeff's hacks? I know it would conflict with Jeff's Serve Everyone Hack but what about the rest of his food hacks?

I have nearly all of Jeff's and Pescado's hacks and Dizzy's hack doesn't seem to conflict with anything. The rest of Jeff's food hacks seem unaffected.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 27, 13:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kestran, TJ's 'server everyone' mod does not conflict with dizzy2's 'smart serve', at least not in my game. They work nicely with one another. I also have most of JM's mods and many of TJ's, and I have had no problems with them.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 27, 22:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kestran, TJ's 'server everyone' mod does not conflict with dizzy2's 'smart serve', at least not in my game. They work nicely with one another. I also have most of JM's mods and many of TJ's, and I have had no problems with them.
Same here.  I didn't use Dizzy's hack at first, but he's really made some improvements with it, and I am quite happy.  Also check out his Homework in bedroom hack.  They put it in their bedroom on a desk if it's available or on the floor.  No more doing homework on the lawn!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 28, 00:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried the two food hacks mentioned, and now my sims can't eat snacks!  Also, if another sim appears, wakes up or gets hungry while a sim is cooking, then the cook ends up without any food!  I think I'll probably go back to how it was!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 29, 04:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried the two food hacks mentioned, and now my sims can't eat snacks! Also, if another sim appears, wakes up or gets hungry while a sim is cooking, then the cook ends up without any food! I think I'll probably go back to how it was!

I've only used Dizzy's.
It counts # of hungry Sims,  including sleeping Sims if they are at least 50% energy, or so it said in the explanation and I haven't seen anything to the contrary.
Dizzy's doesn't touch snacks, Sims can snack while another prepares the meal. Haven't tried TJ's.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 29, 09:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since installing them both, my sims will cook but not for themselves, and they can't get snacks - only kids can get snacks.    I'm afraid I shall have to remove them - or at least one of them to see if the other one works ok on it's own.  I think what I really want is something like the C&C fridges we had for Sims1!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 29, 22:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the original message, I rebuilt my kitchens and they are nice and roomy, now. Stupid door still got stuck open. I haven't installed the windkeeper doors, yet, but I'm just mystified as to why my doors will not stay closed. I have moved the fridge, light fixtures, everything all away from the entrance. The kitchen has the same layout as the pics above, but add two tiles to each side, and move the fridge to the opposite side of the door. Angry Dammit.

Kestran, are you talking about Carrigon's fireplace mod?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 29, 22:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone reported to dizzy that snacks didn't work in the last version, and he says he will look at it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 29, 22:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good! 

Brynne, I don't know what else to suggest! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 30, 01:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't see pictures (Firefox) and switching over to that blasted IE, I can tell they're there, but still can't see them.

I've noticed that some doors don't close until the Sim using them has arrived at his/her destination and frequently -for me anyway, if that is changed before they stop walking, the door will be stuck until next time.

I've also noticed that doors placed while using moveobjects on will often stay open for all eternity -or until you delete and replace them.

That's all I can offer.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 30, 03:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps that's the problem, then?  the doors are like the sofa no-one can sit on!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 30, 04:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the sofas and chairs that are stuck in use can be fixed by resetting them in debug mode.  Doors can't be interacted with so the only way to get rid of them is with moveobjects.  But that still doesn't solve the issue of getting stuck like that all the time anyway.  I wish we could figure out why these objects keep getting stuck in use.  Maybe that would solve the problem with the doors too.  Think they'll fix this in Nightlife?  Speaking of Nightlife, I went to buy groceries today at Walmart, and one of the first things I saw when I walked in was a big poster announcing the arrival of The Sims 2 Nightlife on September 15.  It was in the doorway as you come in where they announce all the new arrivals.  Why haven't I seen advertisements on TV though?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 30, 08:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you don't have TV on at the right time?

As to fixing these bugged objects?  They never fixed them right through Sims1 and all the EPs, so why should they bother with Sims2?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 30, 09:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you're right, wishful thinking.  Although I do remember the couch bug from Hot Date where sims would get stuck cuddling and would require move_objects to break them up.  I think they did release a patch that fixed that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 30, 14:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I don't think they ever released a patch to cure the ruined staircases because a cat or dog had thought about going upstairs, then changed their minds!  They may, I'm not sure, have fixed it with SS or MM, but that wouldn't have helped people who didn't have them, and it certainly wasn't fixed with the Unleashed patch!  I was forever having to use Move_objects on just to sell the stairs!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 31, 00:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't really impressed with SS and I never really played MM.  That was about the time I lost interest in the sims (and other more important real life issues came up.  Imagine that!)  I remember that I played wtih move_objects on all the time in Sims1 and it didn't cause any problems like it does in Sims2.  I was always selling the roaches and deleting dirty dishes and water puddles to help my sims out because they led such busy lives.  You could make money off the roaches!  The good ol' days...  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 31, 05:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flies were worth money too!  The main trouble I find with having move_objects on all the time is if you want to place any door or window, curtain etc., adn especially anything diagonal, it becomes almost impossible to get the round the way you want them!  And you end up with curtains on the outside of houses!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 04, 18:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how shall i describe this particular door..Remember Specter's house? the room near the front gate, with a single bed, has 2 doors right? a single door and a large door for decoration only. useless door. it looks nice but one of the family ghosts went through it and now it stays stuck open forever. at least one side stays shut while the other stays opened. never could get another ghost to walk through it again to see if it'll fix it haha. which reminds me, why haven't i tried getting anyone alive to walk there?

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 04, 22:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you control ghosts with Merola's mirror?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 04, 23:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just want to grab reward objects, shouldn't be a problem, but if you want them to interact with sims, there are no options available, the sims aren't selectable on both ends. Not sure if you can direct them to 'float' to a specific spot though, haven't played my latest version long enough to have ghosts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: