More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 23:27:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Are you a natural blonde?
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Are you a natural blonde?  (Read 5978 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Are you a natural blonde?
« on: 2006 May 28, 04:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been de-aging a lot of elders lately, and they pop out with a random hair color.  Is there a way, in-game, to check what color hair they are supposed to have?  I like them to be natural, and it's tedious to look up every one in SimPE, so I'm hoping that something somewhere will allow me to check it in the game itself.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, why aren't any children or teens showing up at my community lot?  I built it downtown, and I thought that might be the problem, but after moving the lot to my regular neighborhood, I still have only elders and adults showing up.  Any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Are you a natural blonde?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 07:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been de-aging a lot of elders lately, and they pop out with a random hair color.  Is there a way, in-game, to check what color hair they are supposed to have?  I like them to be natural, and it's tedious to look up every one in SimPE, so I'm hoping that something somewhere will allow me to check it in the game itself.
You can use the SimDNA code, "simdna <simname>"...but the interesting quirk is that some older sims may have corrupted data, and register as naturally having gray, which is, of course, gibberish. These sims will spread corrupted data if bred.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 28, 07:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do have to enable that cheat from the userstartup.cheat file though, if I remember correctly.  I think notovny said that. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 28, 07:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do have to enable that cheat from the userstartup.cheat file though, if I remember correctly.  I think notovny said that.
I didn't enable anything, and it works for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 28, 08:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently resurrected, then cloned the Tricou family. When I got their clones to overwrite some CAS made sims in my custom hood, each of the family displayed the wrong hair colour. If black, they turned up with blonde, and vice versa. Very odd, don't know if that was the result of simenhancer cloning or weirdness in the Tricou family DNA.

Are you a natural blonde?
Yup, says so on the bottle. Natural Blonde

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 28, 10:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be too much info, witch.  Grin

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 28, 12:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd agree with that, I've had Tricous and Tricou clones have kids, and the kids seem to follow standard genetic patterns.

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 28, 16:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't enable anything, and it works for me.
you have to turn on debugging modein the userstartup.cheat to be able to use the simdna command.
for sims with 2 or more words in their first name use "" (as in simdna "mary sue")
pioupiou
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 28, 16:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine what Pescado is saying is you don't need a UserStartUp cheat in order to use debugging mode, you simply open the cheat window.  All having a userStartUp cheat does is to allow you to abbreviate everything, but they already exist in the game.

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 28, 16:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my game, simdna works ONLY if debugging mode is turned on in the userstartup.cheat file
starting the game, manually turning on debugging does not work (in my game)....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 28, 17:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to go back into my game and take a look and see if it works for me - since I don't have a User Start up cheat, it will either work or not work, end of story.
Well, my game doesn't recognise it, so it seems that it must be something you can add to a UserStartUp cheat that isn't in the original listing.  (At least, in your game and mine!)
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 17:14:02 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 28, 17:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just remember reading something before I had a userstartup, and I thought I remembered that SimDNA had to be implemented at the very earliest moment, aka while the game was loading.  I don't remember what it was exactly, since I've never tried to use it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 28, 18:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean as you load the house, Blue Soup?  I was already in a house, and that never occurred to me, but I'll try it when I move to another lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 28, 18:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, as you load the game.  When you can't actually enter anything, which is why it has to be in your userstartup.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 28, 18:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, as I said, I don't have one......too lazy to make my own, and I've never found one that had everything in I want, so I've never bothered!

Zephyr Zodiac
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 29, 02:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help everyone.

I found that indeed, I did have to have the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true in my startup file, or else the simDNA cheat did not work.  However, it does do exactly what I need, thanks.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 29, 03:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I tried a few days ago and reported in another post that by simply typing the testing cheats in neighborhood view, the Simdna did not work, it made the cheatbox expand.

The "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" must be place in the userstarup file for the Simdna cheat to work.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 30, 04:48:35 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: