More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Kids who think they are teens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kids who think they are teens  (Read 3990 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Kids who think they are teens
« on: 2006 May 30, 22:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else have this problem? I have some kids who have teen wants instead of kids wants, so their wants can't be fulfilled.

Now, every since I can remember, before I added a single thing to my downloads folder, kids would sometimes want the musical instruments like drums, guitar and bass even though they can't use them. But now they want cellphones, mp3 players and handhelds even though with the college adjuster only handhelds can actually be given to them.

(I bought Sims2 & University at the same time and nightlife a week later so downloads weren't put in until after all 3 were installed so sometimes it's hard for me to tell what things came with each XP).

I also have toddlers and kids have wants to buy a car and often have toddlers want to buy new clothes or outdoor plants. Having the parents buy clothes for the toddlers does not fulfill the wants. I notice that only kids who had the buy a car want as a toddler ever get that want as a child.

Not every child is affected and not every child in a family is affected. Sometimes one twin or triplet will be affected while the others will not.

It's not too bad if only one of these weird wants show up at a time, because when a different want is fullfilled it often rerolls the rest. But whenever all their want slots are filled with these things there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to roll something else.

It happens so frequently that I would hate to think I have to go into SimPe to fix things with every kid I have. Also I would have to go back to some previous threads to even know what to change anyway.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Kids who think they are teens
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 31, 02:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say it could be a hack causing this.  Maybe it's a conflict, in which case you might find it with the Hack Conflict Detector from Sim Wardrobe.  Otherwise, I'd suggest you pull out all your hacks apart from MATY ones, and see if that fixes the problem.

If it isn't a hack, then it sounds to me like the danglling SWAF syndrome!.  Did you by any chance deleteallcharacters when you started this hood?

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 31, 18:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did use deleteallcharacters when I started the neighborhood. Did I break it?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 31, 18:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort of!  You have a case of the dangling SWAFs, and since I've got a similar problem, I'm not the best person to help you out here! I'd suggest you search the forum for anything regarding SWAFs and read what has been suggested.  (You need to use the advanced search feature, or you won't find anything.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 31, 18:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Looks like a long day ahead...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 31, 18:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I feel for you,since we're both in the same boat!  (Up the creek without a paddle!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: