More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 October 05, 15:21:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540282 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where is Crammyboy's missing portal detector?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where is Crammyboy's missing portal detector?  (Read 2780 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Where is Crammyboy's missing portal detector?
« on: 2006 May 03, 09:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Crammyboy's portal detector still up for download somewhere? Point and laugh if it's obvious, but I can't find it any more and I'd like to help a simmer who's got a school bus problem on the old Sims BBS.  I still meet simmers there with what looks like missing portal problems. People with base game only are still vulnerable to portal problems and that detector is invaluable.  There are also simmers who don't play that often and aren't computer literate who don't know they should patch.  They come to the board when they have a problem.  AND existing problems aren't fixed by the patching.  So you still need to ID them definitively as portal problems before you start fixing.   My simmer is here
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?frame_src_content=%2Fbbs%2Fmessages.php%3F%26threadID%3Dbe9f909c75c89880d3f2e210c19b8259%26directoryID%3D341

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Where is Crammyboy's missing portal detector?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 03, 09:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't this it here?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 03, 09:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fix that eaglezero linked to is only for uni & NL though

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 03, 09:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Eagle zero - point and laugh - it's included in the zip file with the fix on MTS2.  I can't find it on MATY though.

If you have NL or OFB you don't need the fix because the known issues are fixed by EA.  The detector is still useful in case maxis or you screw up and delete a portal.  As far as I know the detector still works fine if you have NL and OFB.  I'm dealing with Simmers who often have base game only, or who have existing problems that need sorting - the monitor is an awesome diagnostic tool.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 03, 10:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not very obvious, but somewhat so, it's also included here. But not as a separate download. *shrugs*

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: