More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 14:37:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wow! Weird graphical artifacts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wow! Weird graphical artifacts  (Read 41915 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Wow! Weird graphical artifacts
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 23, 10:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You caught me out DrBeast  Cheesy - I was simply parroting what the readme file had to say if you were experiencing graphics card issues even after all drivers had been updated.

@ blubug - maybe you could try having themes of CC like other simmers on these boards do.  You remove all non hack CC from the game except for the theme for that neighbourhood e.g. if I had Victorian style clothing this would not need to be in the downloads folder while I am playing a futuristic style neighbourhood.  If you switch hoods then you can switch CC.  This would make your loading time much faster.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 23, 10:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You caught me out DrBeast  Cheesy - I was simply parroting what the readme file had to say if you were experiencing graphics card issues even after all drivers had been updated.

I know. I happened to read it yesterday just for the heck of it! And I'm 99% sure Blubug and I have the same processor.

Let the Beast inside you free!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 23, 22:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank everyone for your advice and 'Yes' DrBeast, you're right! I don't have hyperthreading technology- now how is that a good thing, not having some new technology Cheesy Well I'm chuffed to hear that my processor is a good one, it has had no problems whatsoever since I built my pc (with my dad) 3,5 years ago.
Now I'm not very computer-savvy, but I have learned from many other problems as I go along. I had problems with my pc stating that overclocking had failed, but I didn't even know what overclocking was then! I read a few forum entries on different sites, but it's a bit hard to understand if a)english isn't your first language, and b) if you don't already know a lot about computers. Then I realised it was because at the last repair at the shop, the idiots hadn't placed the cpu fan in correctly, so it was heating and shutting down.

But as far as I understand, overclocking is something a bit risky. I don't exactly know how to do it, but I remember something about it in bios settings (By the way I haven't updated my bios at all, too afraid of the complications coming with the lack of knowledge). Is is true it makes your hardware work with more power, giving a better performance, but with the downside of overheating? I remember reading a lot about fans. Is there a dummy guide for overclocking, as in how to do it, how much overclocking can my power unit take, what's the desired temperature after overclocking, etc.

(If I just get 512MB more RAM and never download a single object, recolor or bodyshop item again, will it work?)---> Pathetic I know, but will it work?

And getting rid of my downloads is going to be so tough! I'm a very organised downloader, I keep everything in separate folders, run cleaninstaller everytime I put in downloads, I have no duplicates at all. I'm a bit anal about it I guess, but I don't have themed neighborhoods, I build & decorate every house in a different style. Maybe I should  control myself a bit more Cheesy I just got rid of some old maxis recolors, one by one, and weeded out an unimpressive 4,000 out of 45,000. Sheesh. 5 hours wasted.

Wobbling off now, I'll be back Cheesy

*Edited to show error log from the sims most recent crash:

System memory: 1024 Megabytes total, 76 Megabytes free.

This error log was generated with all my downloads, playing peacefully, when I got a sudden graphics corruption, all my grass turned sky-blue, I kept on playing that way for 5 minutes, then it crashed to my desktop, as the application was terminated. THAT's why I'm wondering if more RAM will fix my graphics problems, as all goes fine in clean games.

Please don't kick me if I love sim-shopping so much, I get them all the nice stuff I'll never have Cheesy *crazy rant: I Love My Downloads!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 23:58:30 by blubug » Logged
earthmagick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 April 13, 22:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the 84.21, 81.98 didn't work ether.  I get the blue screen of death. Still trying older drivers though.

AMD Athlon xp
1700+ 1.5gh
RAM 1025 gigs
Graphics Card: GeForce FX 5700 LE with 256mb
Direct X 9.0

AMD Athlon xp
1700+ 1.5gh
RAM 1025 gigs
Graphics Card: GeForce FX 5700 LE with 256mb
Direct X 9.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »